The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Claim Reid Boucher Off Waivers

Bur14Kes17

2 hours ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Maybe it's because he's a waiver wire pickup and we don't have an opening in the lineup.  Although, I forgot that he was a star until proven otherwise.

Yah that Megna is really producing. No space there.... <crickets>......

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

So your story is that Tryamkin and Horvat "surprised" Desjardins, who had expected less of them.

Cool story.

Where was Horvat "pigeon-holed" as a shutdown guy? 

I think he expected more of Tryamkin - the opposite of being 'surprised' - and that he'd have been in the lineup from day 1 If he'd  shown up in condition - which is what is 'expected' - and not the kind of thing that can be hidden - or fabricated by a coach to cover up having 'underestimated' him.

I couldn't care less about 'defending' what you think is an "AHL" coach - I'd need to hear a lot better case from you Willie Watchers before I find what you guys are saying convincing at all.  Thus far it's just a lot of unsubstantiated noise.

Until WD can show he can coach a winning team at the NHL level, your pro -Willie stance is without any substance.   So far, the product for 2.5 years has been anything g but impressive and does not show any signs of improving (exhibit A being the PP) but you throw him  up there with Lemaire and Burns.  Please substantiate that.

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

Until WD can show he can coach a winning team at the NHL level, your pro -Willie stance is without any substance.   So far, the product for 2.5 years has been anything g but impressive and does not show any signs of improving (exhibit A being the PP) but you throw him  up there with Lemaire and Burns.  Please substantiate that.

gyhas

Just now, Gnarcore said:

Poor kid thought he'd play....

He should get a shot. Megna is getting gifted minutes like no one else. Yes he can skate and is sometimes willing to forecheck. But he cannot shoot and he cannot pass worth a crap. He is a career AHL player getting gifted 1st line ice time. He couldn't produce with the Sedins and he's got no chemistry with Granny or Sutter. 

Why Willie continues to stick with him when there seems to be an option to try out  is really something. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

He should get a shot. Megna is getting gifted minutes like no one else. Yes he can skate and is sometimes willing to forecheck. But he cannot shoot and he cannot pass worth a crap. He is a career AHL player getting gifted 1st line ice time. He couldn't produce with the Sedins and he's got no chemistry with Granny or Sutter. 

Megna earned his top line spot.    Heh, he has scored almost 10 NHL goals now with more than 80 games played in the show. Clearly the guy can snipe.

I can't find any online info about Megna playing for Medicine Hat....  So it is just not making sense..... 

851bc704f44cb44fbdc82c443a489b9b.jpg

11 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Why Willie continues to stick with him when there seems to be an option to try out  is really something. 

Same reason our leading scorer isn't on the #1 PP...which is a joke....

Both Boucher and Rodin should be in every second game.

This is not about winning or losing anymore.

For things to change, opportunity has to be implemented,. Not gifted or chanced upon via an injury.

Adjustments in tactics or structure will not bring change to this team.. it's the same system.

Its the dynamics of different players that creates chemistry, whilst still working within a system.

Archived