The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Claim Reid Boucher Off Waivers

Bur14Kes17

So they passed on Pulkinnen, Rattie, but go for him? 

One thing I'll give Jimbo, he's good at scouting and maybe he found a gem for us here. Perhaps he pulled a Gillis and made a Tanev or Hutton out of no where? ::D

Hope he'll be on our cup winning roster this year. CUP CUP CUP!

38 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

I don't know much about this guy (great name though). Why does his addition make you think Gauncer's on his way out? 

Just because Gaunce is the only guy on our roster who doesn't require waivers to return to Utica. He could also use some 1st line minutes down there to regain some of his scoring touch

28 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I actually think that Gaunce has been playing well as of late. he's been forechecking well, getting his passes through but he needs to shoot more. I remember last game he had a 2 on 1 and he opted for the pass. it's never a bad thing for him to send him down though I prefer they send Chaput down.

27 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Gaunce is the only waiver eligible guy we have, so it's him or there's a trade incoming. I like Gaunce a lot and his play has been better lately, but he needs to put up some points and feel what it's like to score again. That's going to be a huge boost for Utica. They get a 1st line center dropped into their laps and can start to turn their season around.

Gaunce is the only guy is who is waiver-exempt. But I think that Chaput, Skille and Megna are also candidates to be sent down and would probably clear waivers. All of those guys have played decently for the Canucks this year but all of pretty close to the definition of a "replacement player" (If a team loses a player, a "replacement" player is a guy who can picked up easily to fill the spot -- maybe on waivers, maybe as a cheap UFA, maybe in trade for a very low draft pick, maybe just sitting in the minors hoping for a call-up.)

Any of these guys -- Gaunce, Chaput, Skille or Megna -- would help Utica and Utica obviously needs help. 

Not sure why Benning left the cupboard so bear in Utica this year. It is too bad the Canucks do not have more high quality prospects but, if a "winning environment" is important for development, why not add in a couple of high quality AHL vets. Yes, those guys are more expensive, maybe 250K or 300K instead of 70K to 90K, but that is still a small number compared to the Canucks budget.

Gaunce is averaging 10 hits per every 60 minutes (he has 48 hits to Skilles 46 hits) same rate I would prefer the physicality of Gaunce over Megna.

Brendan Gaunce C VAN 48 hits 1.41 per game 10.00 per 60 m

Jack Skille RW VAN 46 hits 1.44 per game 10.00 per 60 m

Tryamkin leads with 73 hits (but heavier hits IMHO)

5 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Gaunce is the only guy is who is waiver-exempt. But I think that Chaput, Skille and Megna are also candidates to be sent down and would probably clear waivers. All of those guys have played decently for the Canucks this year but all of pretty close to the definition of a "replacement player" (If a team loses a player, a "replacement" player is a guy who can picked up easily to fill the spot -- maybe on waivers, maybe as a cheap UFA, maybe in trade for a very low draft pick, maybe just sitting in the minors hoping for a call-up.)

Any of these guys -- Gaunce, Chaput, Skille or Megna -- would help Utica and Utica obviously needs help. 

Not sure why Benning left the cupboard so bear in Utica this year. It is too bad the Canucks do not have more high quality prospects but, if a "winning environment" is important for development, why not add in a couple of high quality AHL vets. Yes, those guys are more expensive, maybe 250K or 300K instead of 70K to 90K, but that is still a small number compared to the Canucks budget.

Is there a Cap on AHL salary?  

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Gaunce is averaging 10 hits per every 60 minutes (he has 48 hits to Skilles 46 hits) same rate I would prefer the physicality of Gaunce over Megna.

Brendan Gaunce C VAN 48 1.41 10.00

Jack Skille RW VAN 46 1.44 10.00

Tryamkin leads with 73 hits (but heavier hits IMHO)

There's nothing saying its not Megna being sent down to Utica. I doubt he'd get picked up. Maybe Wilie wants to put Skille with the Sedins. Skille's got all the qualifications WIllie needs, he's a right shot :lol:

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

This is an awesome pickup. Could pay off. He was projected as a top six at one point. He s a shooter. Could be that 20 goal guy we are looking for if we are lucky

Does he get a chance with the Twins?  What does this say for Rodin?  Maybe it's Rodin who is let go?

12 minutes ago, apollo said:

So they passed on Pulkinnen, Rattie, but go for him? 

One thing I'll give Jimbo, he's good at scouting and maybe he found a gem for us here. Perhaps he pulled a Gillis and made a Tanev or Hutton out of no where? ::D

Hope he'll be on our cup winning roster this year. CUP CUP CUP!

I think he s guna suprise you. Ive seen him play a few times in junior and NHL. If he plays to potential , hes a very good pickup imo 

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Ask Rodin if he'd be ok in LITR and try again next year or maybe playoffs?

He's not got the confidence of WD at all.  It sounds like the new guy is a replacement for Rodin.  He's got a good shot, like Rodin, but he's younger and sounds like he plays a harder game too.  

Alf says: BYE...BYE Rodin.

2 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Rodin is UFA i think? Dont think he will re sign with us 

We offer opportunity to play and are the team to draft him and give him a second chance. It's not likely there'll be crap tons of competition for signing him either.

Archived