The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Claim Reid Boucher Off Waivers

Bur14Kes17

31 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Meh.  I think silky is oversimplifying it with the "meat and potatoes" thing - although that is a definite plus imo.

Just read Bo's take on Boucher - "can put the puck in from anywhere". Lets hope thats true. One big + for the coaching staff this year is the development of Baer so maybe there's a template there to round out this guys game too. 

2 hours ago, Type R said:

Hasn't Rodin only played like 3 games?  He's been recovering from an injury that I'm pretty sure he aggravated by coming back early.  Give the guy a break lol.

ah you do not know alf

a player has to produce now or sooner

and immediately display his full potential

or he is no longer worthy

alf has already written off joulevi based on the fins poor performance in the world juniors

Straight swap him for Megna.

Though I am curious as to what this does to our roster, as I believe we have an extra FWD, and an extra D up. But, haven't put Hansen on LTIR, so I assume that's before anyone is waived.

I like Chaput on the 4th, and Gaunce brings what he can in limited minutes. It's Megna that's the headscratcher. He can't get it done with the twins, and has been gifted PP time for some reason.

Who do you guys slide in first, Rodin or Boucher?

18 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Good pick up. Think Benning may have found in Boucher what he was looking for out of Etem. 

195 pounds at 5'10" = solid. Apparently not shy about going to the net. Just have to send him to the Horvat School of Advanced Skating.

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

195 pounds at 5'10" = solid. Apparently not shy about going to the net. Just have to send him to the Horvat School of Advanced Skating.

I was just saying the same thing.  His goal on NSH the other night was terrific, he read the play early and started skating early and took the stretch pass for a breakaway on goal.  He was pressured hard, but stayed on it and scored.

I'm reserving any judgment until I actually see this kid suit up in the Blue and Green Ill spot the kid 10 games. On the surface I can't wrap my head around grabbing this kid over Rattie who has previous chem with Baer. However 19pts in 39 games averaging nearly 2 shots a game and 14 mins last year is pretty darn good.  

I trust Benning knows more about these kids than I do. Lets hope he was worth dropping down to the bottom of the waiver claim list for.

11 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I'm reserving any judgment until I actually see this kid suit up in the Blue and Green Ill spot the kid 10 games. On the surface I can't wrap my head around grabbing this kid over Rattie who has previous chem with Baer. However 19pts in 39 games averaging nearly 2 shots a game and 14 mins last year is pretty darn good.  

I trust Benning knows more about these kids than I do. Lets hope he was worth dropping down to the bottom of the waiver claim list for.

You don't go to the bottom.

I don't want to focus on the entirety of the interview, although it was great listening, I want to key in on one specific thing that was mentioned by Tomlinson at the 11:35 mark, which is below:

Every time you make a waiver claim, you go to the back of the bus.  So you can't just claim guys willy-nilly, three days in a row.

Please be aware, this isn't to put Tomlinson on blast here, but I am concerned when things like this are said on the radio, because as we see below, it's incorrect. Those kind of misunderstandings can then grow and cause confusion.

I have heard this statement/rule mentioned before, and it's not a rule within the collective bargaining agreement between the NHL and NHLPA. Just something that is common in your fantasy hockey league

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA2012/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

4 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I don't want to focus on the entirety of the interview, although it was great listening, I want to key in on one specific thing that was mentioned by Tomlinson at the 11:35 mark, which is below:

Every time you make a waiver claim, you go to the back of the bus.  So you can't just claim guys willy-nilly, three days in a row.

Please be aware, this isn't to put Tomlinson on blast here, but I am concerned when things like this are said on the radio, because as we see below, it's incorrect. Those kind of misunderstandings can then grow and cause confusion.

I have heard this statement/rule mentioned before, and it's not a rule within the collective bargaining agreement between the NHL and NHLPA. Just something that is common in your fantasy hockey league

Speak as if your talking to a child????? you don't go to the bottom of the list just to the back of the bus?? hush that fuss!

PS I have never played any of the NHL video games. Except maybe NHL 94 on super Nintendo

2 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA2012/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

Thanks for posting this . I was in the process of looking it up but you beat me to it.

Archived