The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks are officially in a playoff spot at the 41 game mark!!

DonaldBrashear

If the Canucks are not tanking, then ya, I hope they get into the playoffs and get smoked so management can explain how that was a good plan.

PS

#19 on the Flames was better than anyone not named Horvat, again. Drafter Jim better hope Olli is a top pairing D man, albeit, an unphysical one.

On 1/6/2017 at 9:59 PM, Coconuts said:

We've got teams behind us with games in hand, but it's impressive nonetheless given that nine game losing streak we had. I just hope we're not buyers.

And the team directly behind us with 2 games in hand and 1 point back is Nashville who we play tomorrow.

We lost 9 games in a row, but had a 4 gamer and then a 6 gamer, so it's a wash now. I think if we drop back again over the next month we should definitely sell. As much as i like Hansen he would likely be highly valued by a contending team .... having said that if we're still in the hunt I don't think we should be buyers either. 

If one of Boucher/Rodin turn out, we should be just fine providing the defense stays somewhat healthy. 

9 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

And the team directly behind us with 2 games in hand and 1 point back is Nashville who we play tomorrow.

We lost 9 games in a row, but had a 4 gamer and then a 6 gamer, so it's a wash now. I think if we drop back again over the next month we should definitely sell. As much as i like Hansen he would likely be highly valued by a contending team .... having said that if we're still in the hunt I don't think we should be buyers either. 

If one of Boucher/Rodin turn out, we should be just fine providing the defense stays somewhat healthy. 

No matter where we sit come TDL we should be sellers.  Hansen, Miller, Burrows, Tanev, even Skille.  If we can get picks we gotta sell.  

16 hours ago, Mattrek said:

Like clockwork the same "fans" come out to gloat that we lost and are out of the playoffs. Without even looking at the new posts I knew who had posted already.

We are literally 1 point out of a playoff spot. And LA hasn't been very consistent at all this season.

Well... I would be lying if I said that we were consistent, but now our team is getting some bodies back and thankfully Tanev is travelling with the team. Who knows? Let the chips fall where they may.

On 1/6/2017 at 11:18 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

A series against Chicago wouldn't be a bad thing. We would lose for sure, but it would give our young kids a taste of what real competitive hockey actually feels like. Draft picks are overrated and Benning has shown he can find good players outside of the draft so I am not worried.

Holy ____ , Brains thinking in the CDC???  (faints of shock!)  I wonder if this could catch on? 

23 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

We are literally 1 point out of a playoff spot. And LA hasn't been very consistent at all this season.

Well... I would be lying if I said that we were consistent, but now our team is getting some bodies back and thankfully Tanev is travelling with the team. Who knows? Let the chips fall where they may.

I think you misunderstood my post...

1 hour ago, Mattrek said:

I think you misunderstood my post...

I understand it. CDC tends to complain about the smallest things possible, we are 1 point out of a playoff spot and they come in waves saying that this team is an abomination and we are out of the playoffs.

If the Canucks finally can get some luck in the 2nd half of the season and stay healthy this is a team that could be real fun to watch and come playoff time you never know what can happen when you have great goaltending that can steal games. 

If our coach can make the most of what we have and be smart with his decision making this team can compete and that's fine by me until we have the Sedins retire and Miller traded and have the cap room to sign upper level players for the top 2 lines and all our good young players not yet on the team can mature and get at it!

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

No matter where we sit come TDL we should be sellers.  Hansen, Miller, Burrows, Tanev, even Skille.  If we can get picks we gotta sell.  

I'm trying to be optimistic about the situation but I think long term it's best to do so, yes, even if we include the Sedins on your list. 

Archived