The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Laine gets rocked

Mackcanuck

9 hours ago, canuck204 said:

I responded to your stupid comment about Sheifele lmfao. So if you want to play a "who started it" I mean, wow. lol...

I'm not playing "who started it". I'm pointing out that you're the one getting upset that when I stood by what I said after you responded to me.

It wasn't a cheap shot.

I disagree. I think if you charge into a guy who doesn't even have time to brace himself, its a pretty cheap thing to do.

I am not new to the internet. I am simply pointing out that I can't find anyone on these boards that agrees with you either. I am also pointing out that you are making an argument that goes against everything pro hockey and pro hockey players stand for.

Appeal to authority, appeal to popularity.

I have made every valid point that supports my argument and you are simply trying to paint me as some victim and someone who is trying to win over some argument for my ego. I do not care, people will always disagree at the end of the day. Obviously I either haven't made strong enough points in your opinion of you are just too caught up in the cuckery of your soft views on how professional athletes should play the game. I maintain that everything is going well on the self policing front and you seem to think Sheifele should be punished of villianised for his retaliation to his superstar line mate getting knocked out cold which was lackluster at best.  

No you haven't done any of that. You haven't responded to a single argument I made, you've strawmanned everything I said and made wild extrapolations about me because you're on the backfoot. Like you're doing now.

Also nice buzzword, /pol/ would be proud.

Agreeing to disagree once again buddy, isnt either of us conceding. The fact that you don't understand this makes me question why I ever started this back and forth with you because you don't seem to be a very reasonable person. You seem locked in with your ideas and personally offended by what someone says to you over a message board.

Yeah it is weird isn't it? It's almost like "Let's just agree to disagree" followed by passive aggressive insults doesn't make people want to kiss and makeup. Why are you upset that I'm responding to your argument when you keep making one? I'm not going to be surprised if you respond to this.

I don't know what the hell you're talking about regarding me painting myself a victim that is hilarious. If I cared enough to count the score on this debate I would certainly be winning but don't worry I'm not getting any pleasure out of this. I have more important things to put my focus into

I strongly doubt this based on everything else you've said.

I hop on here before work and see what is going on and always have a notifiation from you and I always get a chuckle. "Bitter Melon" is literally such a fitting name for you.

Yeah that's weird. I keep getting them too. I wonder why that happens.

You keep dissecting the way I write my sentences and the little details. It just shows you're running out of things to talk about. I maintain how I feel about it and so does almost EVERYONE ELSE.

Am I? I was just pointing out the irony in calling someone a "buffoon" and spelling it wrong. Its funny. Nothing more. I think the fact you can't even address what I'm saying and are just making accusations of me being some limpwristed cuck shows you're the one running out of things to say.

Is everyone else crazy man? Are you one of those people who thinks everyone else is crazy and you're the one guy making sense? Jeeeeeez sir.

Its an opinion. There are no rights or wrongs. I'm not arguing the moon is made of cheese or rubber conducts electricity. I said I didn't like what Scheifele did, you're the one saying that I must because other people don't have a problem with it. Then you're making all these baseless assumptions about me and strawmanning what I'm saying. It would be like if I just chalked you up to being a meathead with a single digit IQ who gets off to violence based off one incident we have a disagreement over. Which I'm not doing. So I don't know why you are.

7 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

I'm not playing "who started it". I'm pointing out that you're the one getting upset that when I stood by what I said after you responded to me.

I disagree. I think if you charge into a guy who doesn't even have time to brace himself, its a pretty cheap thing to do.

No you haven't done any of that. You haven't responded to a single argument I made, you've strawmanned everything I said and made wild extrapolations about me because you're on the backfoot. Like you're doing now.

Yeah it is weird isn't it? It's almost like "Let's just agree to disagree" followed by passive aggressive insults doesn't make people want to kiss and makeup. Why are you upset that I'm responding to your argument when you keep making one? I'm not going to be surprised if you respond to this.

Am I? I was just pointing out the irony in calling someone a "buffoon" and spelling it wrong. Its funny. Nothing more. I think the fact you can't even address what I'm saying and are just making accusations of me being some limpwristed cuck shows you're the one running out of things to say.

Its an opinion. There are no rights or wrongs. I'm not arguing the moon is made of cheese or rubber conducts electricity. I said I didn't like what Scheifele did, you're the one saying that I must because other people don't have a problem with it. Then you're making all these baseless assumptions about me and strawmanning what I'm saying. It would be like if I just chalked you up to being a meathead with a single digit IQ who gets off to violence based off one incident we have a disagreement over. Which I'm not doing. So I don't know why you are.

That was a fun read!  Thanks for the entertainment:)

15 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

You're obsessing over this argument. You haven't made a good point about this in days. You are nit picking my responses to try and make me sound retarded lol... But you accuse me of straw manning you... Sheesh

I can't keep repeating myself about how that whole sequence was a part of hockey. So maybe I am running out of things to say. Doesn't make me the loser which you are so strongly working towards making me seem like to feed your cheeto finger SJW cuck ego... lol... #roasted (SARCASM, can you spell SARCASM?)

I'm not going to discuss this further with someone who just doesn't get it. I will sleep fine at night knowing I have a huge majority of the popular opinion of fans and players on my side. You however have a very small group of out of touch people acting like violence isn't a part of hockey. Just because you don't like something it doesnt mean it should be illegal. But go start a petition, write the NHL a letter how it's offensive to you when you see that type of behavior.

Or, turn the tv off, go watch soccer or something.

If this is how you get your serotonin drips I feel bad for you man. Hang in there. It gets better. lul

10 hours ago, canuck204 said:

You're obsessing over this argument. You haven't made a good point about this in days. You are nit picking my responses to try and make me sound retarded lol... But you accuse me of straw manning you... Sheesh

I can't keep repeating myself about how that whole sequence was a part of hockey. So maybe I am running out of things to say. Doesn't make me the loser which you are so strongly working towards making me seem like to feed your cheeto finger SJW cuck ego... lol... #roasted (SARCASM, can you spell SARCASM?)

I'm not going to discuss this further with someone who just doesn't get it. I will sleep fine at night knowing I have a huge majority of the popular opinion of fans and players on my side. You however have a very small group of out of touch people acting like violence isn't a part of hockey. Just because you don't like something it doesnt mean it should be illegal. But go start a petition, write the NHL a letter how it's offensive to you when you see that type of behavior.

Or, turn the tv off, go watch soccer or something.

If this is how you get your serotonin drips I feel bad for you man. Hang in there. It gets better. lul

You're clearly upsetti spaghetti. The fact that you keep raging in response to me shows just how not "over it" you are

I also think its hilarious you keep berating me, making ad-hominem attacks against me, and the turning around and acting like you're the bigger man and you don't care.

I'm sure you are champ. 

On 1/20/2017 at 9:12 PM, Bitter Melon said:

You're clearly upsetti spaghetti. The fact that you keep raging in response to me shows just how not "over it" you are

I also think its hilarious you keep berating me, making ad-hominem attacks against me, and the turning around and acting like you're the bigger man and you don't care.

I'm sure you are champ. 

There is nothing left to argue for either of us, we have a total disagreement fundamentally on how what is code and what is cheap shotting. It's fine man. You can move on too, it gets better. I am throwing some chirps around because it's fun. How can you even tell that I'm raging? That's some pretty impressive stuff(lol...).  Tell yourself whatever you want to help yourself cope with having someone disagree with you. It seems to me like you have a really hard time with that thought. 

You know people are simply allowed to disagree right? I am now "raging" and attacking your character because we haven't even been arguing points in probably a &^@#ing week lmfao. You are a internet troll, nothing new to see here... 

**ON TOPIC PART OF MY POST**

Laine practiced in a regular jersey (full contact) yesterday and won't be playing today(Monday) but is hopeful for Tuesday! Wooohooo!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived