The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

One Twin Retire In June

Nuxfanabroad

Gettin the asbestos-vest strapped on tight! :^)

Yeah, you heard right. Someone HAD to say it. That 14 mill-expenditure(to watch pass-the-salt, round the table) is killin' us! I'm frankly TIRED of perimeter, polite,@#$%^-footin', zone-time. It DON'T work any more.

The league would prob punish us for getting our financial(& expansion-exposure) house in order. Fine when Nazzy told the Rags, "Sorry, I'm not contributing as I should!"..Well, tell Danny to do the same thing.

If Hank hangs on in a lesser role(sign a cheap deal), let Danny come back in a yr & a half(market it like a Lemieux-return!). We'd be able to handle his 7 mill in fall, 2018, if that pleases the bean-counters.

Expansion Protection: Hank, Bo, Baer, Sutter, Hansen, Eriksson, & we can now protect our GRANNY.

We signed a couple of their Swedish buds to big dollars too. This town has treated the twins like royalty. So this spring, they take one for the team. Lastly, if Danny doesn't want to come back, I trust the owners would pay him under the table. Bettman can go pound sand..F*** him! Everyone would know what's goin on - but they couldn't do a damned thing!

Now that I've said all this, watch the twins go MVP-ballistic! Ha! Go ahead gents..make me eat these words. You 2 stars gotta pick it up! This team is maybe health, & 2 STARS away from being a contender again!

hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa OMG he will not retire and neither will his brother.

They are getting older and slowing down a bit plus they do not bring anything new and they used to which gives teams an easier way to get the puck off them.i agree I would like them to get traded to a contender to show them both the respect they deserve and get a cup or have a great chance at one.

but management want to keep them and so many fans want them to stay so to me they will but I like it either way,just wish we could give them a cup here which will not happen till they retire so why not trade them???

Minuses? Fine. & hope they prove me wrong. They're fine players & excellent people; but this is a speed game now.

For 14 mill, AAV 2/3rds of a 1st line, we NEED their line to be positive players. Hansen was holding that together with duct tape. It's wasting resources.

The line SHOULD have been split. WD is too conservative.

26 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa OMG he will not retire and neither will his brother.

They are getting older and slowing down a bit plus they do not bring anything new and they used to which gives teams an easier way to get the puck off them.i agree I would like them to get traded to a contender to show them both the respect they deserve and get a cup or have a great chance at one.

but management want to keep them and so many fans want them to stay so to me they will but I like it either way,just wish we could give them a cup here which will not happen till they retire so why not trade them???

I think if the Sedins want to get traded to a cup contender we will see GMJB do everything he can to make that happen. I just don't think the Sedins are willing to leave Vancouver just to get a chance to win a cup.....it would have to be to a team that is an odds-on favorite to win the cup. Even at that, I doubt they would make the move......much like Mats Sundin would not leave the Leafs.

Archived