The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

One Twin Retire In June

Nuxfanabroad

18 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Minuses? Fine. & hope they prove me wrong. They're fine players & excellent people; but this is a speed game now.

For 14 mill, AAV 2/3rds of a 1st line, we NEED their line to be positive players. Hansen was holding that together with duct tape. It's wasting resources.

The line SHOULD have been split. WD is too conservative.

Splitting them up and putting them on separate lines is entirely and completely different from suggesting one of them retires. Delusional!!!

Not sure I understand how they are supposed to prove you wrong but I believe we all know that neither of them will be high point producers anymore. I for one understand that their ceiling now is probably 55-65 points a year.

I'm also pretty certain that most fans understood that $7 million each was going to be a tough pill to swallow for the team as they get older and their production wanes.

30 minutes ago, CeeBee51 said:

Moonshine is nasty stuff::D

That's what I was thinking.

Usually abroad has pretty good insight; this still reads as someone with full grip on their logic while being entirely insane.

I specifically like the drunken bravado in baiting them to prove him wrong. It reads as if he truly hopes they will.

Well, had been ranting for their line to be split for quite some time. What the twins served up(about 7, 8 yrs) was a unique gift that likely won't happen(in the game, any team) again. Time to accept it doesn't work now. Might the odd shift, but the minuses over the plusses resemble the first post of this here thread!

For any who shoot this messenger..don't you dare complain as our expensive top line gets hemmed in over the next 15 mos.

Don't complain in June, if we lose any young talent at expansion.

Sometimes when you're not watching closely, you happen to notice the team has been trapped in their zone for a lengthy spell. Almost invariably, when I check the fwds #'s..it's the top line that's trapped.

As for style of play. Personally prefer a hard hitting/driving/attacking brand of game. Seems we're building that kind of team..can't come soon enough, IMHO.

57 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Minuses? Fine. & hope they prove me wrong. They're fine players & excellent people; but this is a speed game now.

For 14 mill, AAV 2/3rds of a 1st line, we NEED their line to be positive players. Hansen was holding that together with duct tape. It's wasting resources.

The line SHOULD have been split. WD is too conservative.

I can't argue that they're not putting up the points we all expect them to score, and the over passing is tiresome..... but you knew your opinion wouldn't be a popular one and you posted it anyways. I applaud you, sir.

I want JB to find a way to keep both Baer and Granny too, but forcing retirement on one of the greatest players this franchise has ever had, IMO, isn't the way to go about it. They play better as a duo anyways.

46 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Good lord.  The team would better off if Linden went on tv to call Bettman a homosexual.

I'm all outta rep, but +1. Whether or not we'd be better off is irrelevant, because that, what you wrote, would be one of the greatest things to ever happen

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Gettin the asbestos-vest strapped on tight! :^)

Yeah, you heard right. Someone HAD to say it. That 14 mill-expenditure(to watch pass-the-salt, round the table) is killin' us! I'm frankly TIRED of perimeter, polite, pussy-footin', zone-time. It DON'T work any more.

The league would prob punish us for getting our financial(& expansion-exposure) house in order. Fine when Nazzy told the Rags, "Sorry, I'm not contributing as I should!"..Well, tell Danny to do the same thing.

If Hank hangs on in a lesser role(sign a cheap deal), let Danny come back in a yr & a half(market it like a Lemieux-return!). We'd be able to handle his 7 mill in fall, 2018, if that pleases the bean-counters.

Expansion Protection: Hank, Bo, Baer, Sutter, Hansen, Eriksson, & we can now protect our GRANNY.

We signed a couple of their Swedish buds to big dollars too. This town has treated the twins like royalty. So this spring, they take one for the team. Lastly, if Danny doesn't want to come back, I trust the owners would pay him under the table. Bettman can go pound sand..F*** him! Everyone would know what's goin on - but they couldn't do a damned thing!

Now that I've said all this, watch the twins go MVP-ballistic! Ha! Go ahead gents..make me eat these words. You 2 stars gotta pick it up! This team is maybe health, & 2 STARS away from being a contender again!

Nux! You Ok Buds?

• Kaner locked this topic

Archived