The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Flames

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

yes really. Have they given up completely on the idea of Gaunce at 4th C? Seems to me between Chaput and Gaunce you'd try to keep and develop Gaunce. 

Not actually what I was referring to...

Gaunce, Chaput, Skille, Megna, Rodin.

aaa.png

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

Expansion draft does throw a wrench in things.

Typical Canuck luck that it occurs at the same time we finally have depth on D/need to move one and Tanev's NTC kicks in :rolleyes:

I still think Tanev is our best hope at getting any real value given those circumstances but if there's not takers (at fair value anyway), it's entirely possible we don't move him.

Then it's likely a toss up between losing one of Sbisa/Granlund/Baer/Hansen to expansion.

I've come around to the idea of moving Tanev as well..as much as it pains me..It would be a 'bold' move for sure,but we would have to get the right return...A 1st round pick in the 2017 draft,doesn't really entice me..neither does a winger who's the same age (JVR for example).

The Canucks record since Tanev is back speaks volumes,but waiting for the other shoe to drop when he gets injured again,is always a concern.

1 minute ago, Honky Cat said:

I've come around to the idea of moving Tanev as well..as much as it pains me..It would be a 'bold' move for sure,but we would have to get the right return...A 1st round pick in the 2017 draft,doesn't really entice me..neither does a winger who's the same age (JVR for example).

The Canucks record since Tanev is back speaks volumes,but waiting for the other shoe to drop when he gets injured again,is always a concern.

With Sbisa's improved play, maybe we could get good return for him?

Archived