The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Flames

-Vintage Canuck-

26 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

Imagine you're Anton Rodin.

You rocked the Swedish league, took a chance and came over here hyped up to play for the Canucks. You're a scorer joining a team that needs goals.

And there you are, sitting on the bench. Your team is down a couple guys, struggling to score. You're watching Megna and Chaput on the powerplay (a league worst powerplay). You're watching Megna and Chaput play in the last two minutes when you're down a goal. 60 minutes sitting on the bench. 

Absolutely pathetic. If he was injured he shouldn't have been dressed. Also, why didn't we have another defense-man in play? As soon as Tanev went down someone should have been called up. Another example of the team being completely unprepared. 

That's the only part of your post I agree with. Without knowing exactly why Rodin wasn't going to be dressed tonight it's a little presumptuous to call his being dressed "pathetic". Who cares if he's sitting on the bench or not, just so long as WD tells him before the game "Hey Anton, I know we told you you had a maintenance day today, but we're going to dress you just in case of emergency. Just don't expect to play".

Christ, it's not that big of a deal.

The defenceman situation was pretty weak though, but it's still a fine line between getting players ice-time in Utica versus sitting in the press box. After Hutton was dinged up last night one should have been shipped to Calgary, but with Utica in the middle of a 3 games in 3 days road trip they were all likely on a bus in the middle of nowhere. Unless there's a flight from Hershey to Calgary it was just a case of bad timing. 

Story of the franchise, I'm used to it.

3 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Dude 

ferlund and bouma set the tone in the first.  That period was like a condensed version of the playoffs and we still have no answer to two bottom six grinders that get us to play checking over our shoulder.

so many here completely ignore that value through blind hate and homerism.

I do not like them. And do not want them to don the blue and green. Are you saying that you do dislike players in the NHL?

What a great performance by the Canucks.

Really impressed with the way they came out and dominated the second, and carried it through to a strong 60 minutes - despite being depleted - and really, the result could have gone either way.

Real statement they made tonight.  

I was surprised by just how much they were able to sustain and pushback under circumstances you wouldn't expect it.  Johnson had to make some tremendous saves in the 3rd to preserve the lead.

Great game.  Great effort.

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I'm proud of our group. I feel better about this effort than last night. We didn't get bounces, but the effort was strong." - Desjardins

I have to agree with WD here.  After the first we could have called it a night but he got us to come out hard in the second and put up a really strong effort,  yesterday we got a ton of luck and today we didn't.  It would have been nice to see Rodin playing, but you have to thinks this was WD giving Megna a final opportunity.  With tanev out we're probably going to make some AHL call ups.

14 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

If only Virtanen could play like Tkachuk...

Boeser plays like Tkatchuk - at least that was a reason an analyst (can't remember who) gave why no one should be upset by Juolevi over Tkatchuk.

Archived