The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

There will be no 3rd Jerseys in NHL next year

Mackcanuck

1. Swap the home and away jersey's and get rid of the stupid jersey tuck rule

2. Work on the bajillion things that are plaguing the entertainment value of the NHL

3. Profit(literally)

4. Fire Bettman

19 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

WTF? This had better be a rumor only or I seriously call into question the competence of the people at Adidas. They don't even have to design anything themselves, just produce them. Is making 90 jerseys instead of 60 too much for a billion dollar company?

Don't be surprised if there are changes to many team jerserys.  The best way to sell them is to make them new and different.

12 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

It used to be that way...I could never figure out why they changed to the current way...makes no sense really

I think they changed it because of the third jerseys.  None of the third jerseys are white so the visiting team would have to bring their home whites whenever the home team wanted to wear their third jerseys.

Edit:  I forgot one 3rd jersey that was white.  Luckily those ones didn't stick around long.  :)

Los-Angeles-Kings-1996-Burger-King-Alter

7 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

It used to be that way...I could never figure out why they changed to the current way...makes no sense really

I know....I'm old too lol..........I can't figure it out either.....it's a no brainer IMO to have the home team wear white.

2 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I think they changed it because of the third jerseys.  None of the third jerseys are white so the visiting team would have to bring their home whites whenever the home team wanted to wear their third jerseys.

Hmmm...so maybe with having no more home jerseys they will switch back ??

Just now, redhdlois said:

Hmmm...so maybe with having no more home jerseys they will switch back ??

I'm in favour of that, but I doubt it will happen.  I bet they will re-introduce 3rd jerseys the following year, and I won't be surprised if they have advertising on them too.

1 hour ago, redhdlois said:

I wish they'd also change it that the home team wears white / away team wears colours

I couldn't disagree more. I think it makes more sense that teams wear their colours at home.

34 minutes ago, logic said:

I've grown up on colour at home and personally doesn't it make sense to have the crowd and team in team colours instead of every team being team white at home?

I grew up with home whites.  What makes it cool is the variety in the visitors.  Right now all you ever see in Vancouver is home blue and away white.  Every game looks the same.  With home whites, you get all the different colours when different teams come to visit.

Archived