The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

There will be no 3rd Jerseys in NHL next year

Mackcanuck

26 minutes ago, Ojibwa72 said:

You don't remember the Winnipeg whiteouts in the playoffs. That was an awesome sight to see.

Yeah someone else reminded me. I love the Jets white out because its their thing and nobody elses. Like I said earlier the white looked very odd for Pittsburgh though.

52 minutes ago, Googlie said:

He's going through the concussion protocol right now.  Jet's coach won't give a minimum to be back, although at presser he pretty much confirmed it was a 4-stage process with a minimum 1 day per stage, so if he passes all, could be back playing by weekend

That's good to hear, hopefully he's back. The #1 and #2 pick both with 21 goals crazy how the calder race is just heating up.

21 hours ago, BananaMash said:

This would be a lot more relevant if Reebok wasn't an Adidas subsidiary, which it is.

I suspect the change in quality will be next to nothing.

Oh really? LOL this is all news to me. I never knew Reebok came from Adidas... I thought they came up from nothing and marketed the crap out of it through Crosby.

21 hours ago, canucklax said:

And that Reebok is pulling out of all team sports to focus on Crossfit, hence leaving an opening for the NHL contract.

Why would they do that? Why not target both markets since they're both in the sports industry and they certainly have the capital. But I guess it doesn't really matter since my little rant turns out to not be so relevant lol.

21 hours ago, BananaMash said:

And that jersey manufacturing has very little to do with the NHLs brand. The league has bigger branding issues to worry about than which company has a tiny logo on the chest of near-identical jerseys.

The only reason why the NHL's branding is horrible is because most of the teams are still based in the United States. If we added more Canadian teams, the NHL wouldn't have to make so many changes every few years. 

57 minutes ago, Green Goblin said:

Oh really? LOL this is all news to me. I never knew Reebok came from Adidas... I thought they came up from nothing and marketed the crap out of it through Crosby.

Why would they do that? Why not target both markets since they're both in the sports industry and they certainly have the capital. But I guess it doesn't really matter since my little rant turns out to not be so relevant lol.

The only reason why the NHL's branding is horrible is because most of the teams are still based in the United States. If we added more Canadian teams, the NHL wouldn't have to make so many changes every few years. 

From what I can tell, adidas is pushing their sports interest beyond the typical soccer stuff and into more team sports like hockey and basketball. Reebok is a smaller company so they are focusing the branding for them to be the activewear/Crossfit fad brand and monopolize that market. They could spread out with both companies, but by focusing each brand on certain demographics they are hoping to capture the #2 spot in sportswear behind Nike.

This. 

For a long time, Adidas competed with Nike, but Nike had the bigger edge.. Acquiring Bauer. Years later, Reebok bought CCM, a year after that Adidas bought Reebok. Both major brands ended up rebranding the hockey equipment as Bauer and CCM. 

It will be odd to see the Adidas logo on the NHL jerseys next season, highly doubt the jerseys will have the 3 stripes. Adidas would of done it to the WCH jerseys to gain feedback. 

On 1/9/2017 at 11:36 AM, goalie13 said:

I grew up with home whites.  What makes it cool is the variety in the visitors.  Right now all you ever see in Vancouver is home blue and away white.  Every game looks the same.  With home whites, you get all the different colours when different teams come to visit.

That made sense when nobody owned a colour tv. Now I think its a pretty moot point. I don't only watch the Canucks when they play at home. However when they are at home. They are home. In their building. They should be rocking their colours.

Archived