The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-Nash (Proposal)

How bout Gudbranson to Nashville for James Neal? 
Might have to tweek here n there but that's the meat n potato's of the trade

I never been a Gudbranson fan but he isn't no slouch either. With the rise of Tryamkin, there is less need for Guddy. Besides, Tryamkin can also play right side and with Juolevi coming and maybe JB picks another D in this next draft, Guddy should be put into play.

Nashville needs a guy like Gudbranson after losing Weber and the toughness he brought.

Baertschi-Horvat-Neal

Could be a sick line

Even pair him with Sedins for the next year and a half, the guy could reach 30+ goals

Sedin/Sedin/Neal
Granlund/Sutter/Eriksson
Baertschi/Horvat/Burrows
Gaunce/Chaput/Skille

Edler/Stecher
Hutton/Tryamkin 
Sbisa/Tanev

Its good you made the font so big it can be seen from Nashville. If you listen carefully you can hear a faint Nooooooooooooo! in the wind.

Honestly I just don't like this trade on either side. I'm happy to be patient with Gud I have a feeling he is 2-3 years away from becoming an absolute stud right about the same time I expect this team to start being competitive again. And right about the same time I expect Neal will be declining sharply with a big contract to boot. So no for the Nux. Also we would have to protect Neal or loose him to vegas so we give up Gud for a few months of Neal.

Neal is their top Goal scorer plus he's big and fast and a playoff competitor Nashville is in a solid playoff spot. They Gave up Weber and Jones for more Offence because they want ......... Offence none of which Gud brings to the table. Nash will be just fine if they stand pat. 

The ONLY player I want from Nashville is Dante Fabbro.

I'd offer them Hansen for Fabbro 1-1 that's it.

Neal is a huge step back imo especially if its a 1-1 for Gudbranson.

That's LITERALLY signalling we're going to suck and we're going to suck bad for the next decade by trading a guy who cost so much in the way of futures who is still so young for a guy who for all intents and purposes would be another Eriksson on this team

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

That's LITERALLY signalling we're going to suck and we're going to suck bad for the next decade by trading a guy who cost so much in the way of futures who is still so young for a guy who for all intents and purposes would be another Eriksson on this team

Fabbro would be a really good return for Hansen who has been injured practically all year.  I'd even add Subban to that to get Fabbro. Or if they are really Missing Weber as the OP suggests we could add the player with the hardest shot on our team to that not to mention the fastest skater Pedan he's a better Weber replacment than Webber* so theres that.

36 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Well I think we are just fine without Gudbranson. Ya I know we paid alot to get him but I would love to get a goal scorer with size on this team, even if it's for only year and a half.

Neal already has 14 and loves being in front of that net and isn't a puss and will hit back when being hit and not take it like a b***h like half the team did against Calgary.

Just now, missioncanucksfan said:

Well I think we are just fine without Gudbranson. Ya I know we paid alot to get him but I would love to get a goal scorer with size on this team, even if it's for only year and a half.

Neal already has 14 and loves being in front of that net and isn't a puss and will hit back when being hit and not take it like a b***h like half the team did against Calgary.

Shart sighted.

Nashville does not want a player like Gudbranson.  They moved Weber because he was not mobile enough.  Their system is all about mobility and the Ds being able to join the attack and cycle with the Fs.  Poile says the prototypical D is Ryan Ellis.  They are all about skills and speed with Poile explaining that the NHL is changing and that the way games are called there is less need for size and that speed is way more important.  Neal is a 30 goal scorer for them.  

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Nashville is not trading Fabbro.  Poile pre-draft said they were targeting Ds because their system is bare.  Fabbro should also be ready just when the contracts of Ellis and Josi expire.

5 minutes ago, mll said:

Nashville does not want a player like Gudbranson.  They moved Weber because he was not mobile enough.  Their system is all about mobility and the Ds being able to join the attack and cycle with the Fs.  Poile says the prototypical D is Ryan Ellis.  They are all about skills and speed with Poile explaining that the NHL is changing and that the way games are called there is less need for size and that speed is way more important.  Neal is a 30 goal scorer for them.  

Nashville is not trading Fabbro.  Poile pre-draft said they were targeting Ds because their system is bare.  Fabbro should also be ready just when the contracts of Ellis and Josi expire.

Shea Weber is a friggin fabulous player.  He's better than PK.  As for Neal, no thanks.  Gudbranson is worth a lot more than a 14 goal scorer.

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Shea Weber is a friggin fabulous player.  He's better than PK.  As for Neal, no thanks.  Gudbranson is worth a lot more than a 14 goal scorer.

Bo is a 13 goal scorer.  Is Gudbranson worth a lot more than him? 

10 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Bo is a 13 goal scorer.  Is Gudbranson worth a lot more than him? 

I think the age comparison between Horvat and Neal comes into play on this one. One just starting his career vs older and a little washed up...

2 minutes ago, Beeekz37 said:

I think the age comparison between Horvat and Neal comes into play on this one. One just starting his career vs older and a little washed up...

I was just pointing out that his statement that " Gudbranson is worth a lot more than a 14 goal scorer" is a bit too black and white. 

Just now, qwijibo said:

I was just pointing out that his statement that " Gudbranson is worth a lot more than a 14 goal scorer" is a bit too black and white. 

Fair enough. Tbh I think it's too early to give up on Guddy.  Most players take a season or two to become fully acclimated to their surroundings whereas some others gel instantly. Guddy may not look stellar now (or even when he gets back from his injury) but I do think he will become a huge factor moving forward.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

14 goals in 33 games...

Neal has had some injury problems but still regularly gets nearly 30 goals a season.  He'd instantly become our biggest goal scoring threat.

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

This. We trade a 25-year old defenceman who's had just an OK season so far due to injury for a guy who's older and will be on the downslope by the time we're ready to compete again. Tryamkin can play the other side, sure, but when we likely lose Sbisa in the expansion draft we'll need him back on the left. We'll be moving on from Edler eventually, leaving the left side shorter until Juolevi's ready, and if we find a trade involving Tanev we'd be short young defencemen.

If we aren't getting key pieces for the future, we aren't trading any young defencemen, or young players at all.

2 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Then why didn't we grab Parenteau...he's a guy who's netting points.

You're literally basing your desire in large part from 2 games against Calgary.  Think on that.  You'd be willing to trade a HUGE part of our futures for a guy who is slated to retire when the D man we cough up is hitting his prime.

Wantcha to scroll back 40 years at every single time this team has done this, usually 2 or 3 times a decade and then look at all those stanley cup banners hanging in our rafters and tell me what is wrong with that picture and statement

13 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Neal is actually a 30 goal scorer but I was hoping you would've read the part where I stated that he already has 14 so far.....so....ya...

34 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

14 goals in 33 games...

Neal has had some injury problems but still regularly gets nearly 30 goals a season.  He'd instantly become our biggest goal scoring threat.

Kane and Eriksson are 30 goal scorers.

Why don't we trade for E Kane, then we'll have 4 30 goal scorers on our team or more.  Burrows Kane Sedin Eriksson

He's 30 friggin 4.  People in one breath cry about needing to get younger and the Sedins are to old and slow and our core is to old yet then suggest trading one of our most recent and youngest acquisitions to get...older.

Archived