The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat is going to the All-Star Game!

-Vintage Canuck-

cut.jpg

Vancouver, BC - The NHL announced today that Vancouver Canucks forward Bo Horvat has been named as one of six forwards to represent Team Pacific Division in the 2017 Honda NHL All-Star Game and Weekend, to be held at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Horvat, 21, will be making his first NHL All-Star Game appearance and becomes the fifth youngest Canucks player named to the honour. He has skated in all 42 games for Vancouver this season and leads the team in points (29) and goals (13) and ranks second in assists (16). He has also set career-highs this season in average ice time (17:25) and faceoff win percentage (54.2%). During the 2016 calendar year, the 6-0, 223-pound forward led the team in points (55), goals (24) and short-handed goals (2), tied for the team lead in game-winning goals (4) and ranked second in assists (31) and power-play goals (4).

The Rodney, Ontario native is currently on a career and season-high seven-game point streak (3-5-8), his third point streak of four or more games this season. Horvat also enters tonight's contest against Nashville with 13 points (5-8-13) over his last 13 games.

The 2017 Honda NHL All-Star Game will take place on Sunday, Jan. 29 at Staples Center (12:30 p.m., PST). The All-Stars will participate in the 2017 Coors Light NHL All-Star Skills Competition on Saturday, Jan. 28 at Staples Center (4 p.m., PST).

Horvat joins Johnny Gaudreau (CGY), Connor McDavid (EDM), Brent Burns (SJS) and Drew Doughty (LAK), among others, on the Pacific Division Team.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-bo-horvat-2017-all-star-game/c-285518430

7 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

The full list:

C10y74OXcAAf_bF.jpg

I guess they are doing it for the "star power" I suppose, but what has Toews done this season to earn the All Star nomination? He's been mediocre this year at best (albeit perhaps due to injury). Eric Staal of the Wild, or even his teammate Panarin are much more deserving of his spot this year. 

Grats, but every team has to have a representative that takes the luster out of being called an 'allstar.'  I am sure I will be flamed for this, oh well.  Glad for Bo nonetheless, but being named to this farce of a game isn't saying much and I wont be watching.  They used to use allstar games as a measurement for success: 'He was a 5 time allstar.'  Now players do whatever they can to get out of this game.  They should just honestly can the event and give all the players a rest so maybe the product isn't as mundane for the entire season.

Archived