The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat is going to the All-Star Game!

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, pluralsight said:

I guess they are doing it for the "star power" I suppose, but what has Toews done this season to earn the All Star nomination? He's been mediocre this year at best (albeit perhaps due to injury). Eric Staal of the Wild, or even his teammate Panarin are much more deserving of his spot this year. 

Toews doesn't understand it himself. 

4 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

You earned it Bo. Enjoy ::D

4 hours ago, Live.&.Die.Nucks said:

Well deserved. It seems ordinary for a number 1 Center to go to the all star game. 

:P

Yup, Bo did earn it. He has been the best skater on the team this season. (And of course he is leading the team in scoring and is one of the few players with a positive plus/minus despite playing fairly tough minutes. And yes, the Horvat line is the best line on the team even if WD won't acknowledge that line as the first line.

4 hours ago, The Sedge said:

Awesome news!  Bo has made such great improvements this year on his all around game.  Just imagine what he could do if we surrounded him with legit 1st line players.

Have to disagree with the implicit criticism of Bo's linemates. Burrows and Baertschi have both been very good this year and have contributed to Bo's success. That line has good chemistry -- the whole is more than the sum of the parts. Not sure who else on the team we would want Bo to play with. I am almost thinking that it might make sense to re-sign Burrows to a low-cost deal for next year and keep that line together. That would free up Boeser (assuming he turns pro and makes the team) to add scoring to another line.

1 hour ago, Rocky Balboa said:

Well desreved!

Now CDC logic would say we trade him while his value is high...am I doing it right? :P

Could we get a first round pick for him?  Could we use that pick to get that 1C that we need?  We need elite talent.  Maybe if we add Tanev we can get another top-10 pick.

</alftroll>

54 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Yup, Bo did earn it. He has been the best skater on the team this season. (And of course he is leading the team in scoring and is one of the few players with a positive plus/minus despite playing fairly tough minutes. And yes, the Horvat line is the best line on the team even if WD won't acknowledge that line as the first line.

Have to disagree with the implicit criticism of Bo's linemates. Burrows and Baertschi have both been very good this year and have contributed to Bo's success. That line has good chemistry -- the whole is more than the sum of the parts. Not sure who else on the team we would want Bo to play with. I am almost thinking that it might make sense to re-sign Burrows to a low-cost deal for next year and keep that line together. That would free up Boeser (assuming he turns pro and makes the team) to add scoring to another line.

I'm by no means knocking the players currently on his line, they have greatly exceeded expectations this year.  But Burrows is in the twilight of his career and I'm not sure Bear has proven himself to be a 1st line player yet.  I can't think of any better two players on this current Vancouver team to play with Bo.  That said, my point was to imagine if Bo had himself an elite level winger or two to play with... one can dream.

1 minute ago, The Sedge said:

I'm by no means knocking the players currently on his line, they have greatly exceeded expectations this year.  But Burrows is in the twilight of his career and I'm not sure Bear has proven himself to be a 1st line player yet.  I can't think of any better two players on this current Vancouver team to play with Bo.  That said, my point was to imagine if Bo had himself an elite level winger or two to play with... one can dream.

Maybe Boeser will mesh with Bo. I'm dreaming :bigblush:

1 minute ago, The Sedge said:

You mean like Ehlers and Pasternak?  :(

Horvat definitely deserves to be the Canucks rep at the AS game. That said and as others have mentioned, if there wasnt a mandate to have a rep from each team I find it highly unlikely that he would have been selected this year, but definitely in the future. 

Not a slight against Horvat by any means.

tbh he shouldn't be at the game if the all-star only took in account the actual all-stars in the league.  However, given that at one representative in needed from each team in the league having Bo Horvat represent the Canucks is a no-brainer.  Good experience for him, maybe one day he'll rightfully earn a spot by putting up all-star stats as the team grows and he is given more offensive freedom

Archived