The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks D

Type R

On 11/01/2017 at 1:31 AM, Type R said:

Lol hence the meme..  Salo is my all time favorite Canuck D.  I was making light of our injuries, but I suppose it didn't come off right.

I got it. I remember the teams winning percentage go up when he was on the ice.   

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

That's friggin Awesome S'all.  Those pairings are a really good combination of skill and toughness.  I really like the Olli - Guddy pair.  Then our youngest guy is with our toughest guy.  Makes really good sense.

:blush:

Injury will determine who plays or not; if there are no injuries, Pedan is SoL for a chance to play.

When he gets into the line up, then his play will keep him in the line up (eg. Stecher) or not. He will have to be very good to stay.

Furthermore, Biega seems to be in because of expansion reasons.

For Pedan, there is always next year; unless he signs elsewhere.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:31 AM, 189lb enforcers? said:

Hutton, Stretcher and Oilli spread over 3 pairings can't happen.

soft-core 

too easy to play against. Their partners don't need to hold their hands. Reminds me of all those Sedin lines. 

It won't surprise me if Hutton is part of a trade package. 

One puck mover on each pair is perfect!

It's the opposite of a problem.  But in ''contrast'' you also don't want two meatheads who can't clear the puck. Even if they can remove it forcefully from a forward.  Each pair should have a guy with speed and puck skill. Both to get it out of our end.  But also to add to the pressure we can impact at the other end.  Stecher has been like a breath of fresh air.  We have not had a D man who could undress a guy guarding him for years!

Combine each PMD with a guy like Tryamkin, who can pull out meat cleavers to clear the net, and its the makings for a great pair.  Tryamkin & Stecher is the next Chara & Krug.

BTW, we also have Brisbois coming.  I have watched some games in the Q lately.  He is the hybrid.  6'3"'and will play at 215 or 225 lbs plus in his prime.  And does a very good job of transitioning the puck out of his own zone!

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:03 AM, S'all Good Man said:

hence Tryamkin and Guddy

Edler-Stecher

Olli-Guddy

Hutton-Tryamkin

Whats wrong with that?

As others said : Nothing.   And I pluss'd your post!

But I'm willing to make a bet with anyone.  Just a gentleman's bet?  That with Olli arriving, most likely the year after next.  Brisbois probably at the same time or soon after. And that both of these players, all like Edler & Tryamkin LHD, arriving will coincide with Edler's contract year...

That we will move Edler long before Tanev.  Probably not till that contract year as well.  As much as everyone seems happy to rid themselves of Tanev, our best defensive D. With no heir apparent either. Here is my projection two years from now as the deadline arrives.

Tryamkin Stecher

Olli Tanev

Hutton Guddy

Brisbois Pedan?

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

As others said : Nothing.   And I pluss'd your post!

But I'm willing to make a bet with anyone.  Just a gentleman's bet?  That with Olli arriving, most likely the year after next.  Brisbois probably at the same time or soon after. And that both of these players, all like Edler & Tryamkin LHD, arriving will coincide with Edler's contract year...

That we will move Edler long before Tanev.  Probably not till that contract year as well.  As much as everyone seems happy to rid themselves of Tanev, our best defensive D. With no heir apparent either. Here is my projection two years from now as the deadline arrives.

Tryamkin Stecher

Olli Tanev

Hutton Guddy

Brisbois Pedan?

Yup that all works too. Not sure if Pedan is going to be with our team that long tho... 

Archived