The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cabinet shuffle.

Johnny Shotgun

8 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

Wonder if this has anything to do with Trudeau's vacation over the holidays?  You know, the one where he broke the ethics rules.  Nah, doubt it.

The kicker for me is he is breaking his own rules, that he himself spearheaded.

(from: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/13/justin-trudeau-under-fire-again-after-using-aga-khans-helicopter)

Under ethics rules which Trudeau himself introduced in 2015, government ministers may not take private flights without first getting approval from Mary Dawson, the country’s conflict of interest and ethics commissioner.

With this kind of crap, his approving of pipelines he seemed initially against to get elected, and his other seeming inability to accomplish his promises (marijuana still not legal for recreation despite him smoking it himself!)--I'm very disappointed so far in his term as prime minister. Still a lot of time to be proven wrong, but man, these allegations of pay-to-play and his about face on issues is leaving me jaded.

9 hours ago, Moonshinefe said:

(from: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/13/justin-trudeau-under-fire-again-after-using-aga-khans-helicopter)

With this kind of crap, his approving of pipelines he seemed initially against to get elected, and his other seeming inability to accomplish his promises (marijuana still not legal for recreation despite him smoking it himself!)--I'm very disappointed so far in his term as prime minister. Still a lot of time to be proven wrong, but man, these allegations of pay-to-play and his about face on issues is leaving me jaded.

Standard protocol for the sub human species we like to call Politicians. If it was up to me every single one of these bottom feeders would be a in prison work camp in Siberia. 

59 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Standard protocol for the sub human species we like to call Politicians. If it was up to me every single one of these bottom feeders would be a in prison work camp in Siberia. 

Most politicians especially those at the top have a disconnect with the real world.  Privileged backgrounds, the right social connections, no actual or limited experience in the workplace the list goes on.  Then the vast majority we get to elect say all the right things but are mainly there for the gravy train or to satisfy their own egos.  A small percentage do actually wish to better the country and do the right things.  Government should be slashed no need for 300 plus MP's, all the made up cabinet positions, and that useless senate which is just a patronage club to pay off and thank those who put you in power.  Financially this is just the tip of the iceberg its the thousands of mandarins working behind the scenes to support the top echelon that are the real cost.  Empire building.

On 1/13/2017 at 3:37 AM, Moonshinefe said:

Yep.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

Archived