The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN - OTT

Noble 6

To OTT:

Hansen + 5th 2017

To VAN:

Lazar + 3rd 2018 + 4th 2017

*I would have preferred a 2nd from Ottawa with us giving up a 3rd but they don't have one.

Ottawa gets a great bottom-6 player on a good contract to help them compete for a Playoff spot. He can move up and down the lineup where necessary and provide great depth for their young team.

Lazar comes to Vancouver as a potentially effective bottom-6 player in the future. He would provide a lot of flexibility as a right handed center that can take some penalty kill time and defensive assignments. He's not a flashy goal scorer or a dazzling passer, he's a hard working guy with a great attitude that I think would fit in well with what we are trying to build. I think he would look very good in the middle-6 with Horvat unless Horvat is playing on the top line.

Lineup for this season:

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Baertschi - Horvat - Burrows

Granlund - Sutter - Lazar

Gaunce - Chaput - Skille

Future lineup:

_______ - Horvat - Boeser

Baertschi - _______ - ________

Granlund - Lazar - Virtanen

Gaunce - Gaudette - Lockwood

I would also love to see Lazar on this team, but I don't think this package is enough to get him. You'd probably have to add more in favour of Ottawa to get this deal done IMO. Lazar is still young and has potential. Ottawa will want more return. 

To OTT:

Hansen + 2nd

To VAN:

Lazar + 5th

You boy's have to read up on MR Lazar this year.......he's having a little bit of a draught...........0 pts in his last 19 games, (I think I read)

Fan's arent too happy with him unless you suggest a trade, then he's gold!..............Kinda sounds like CDC!.....LOL

31 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

You boy's have to read up on MR Lazar this year.......he's having a little bit of a draught...........0 pts in his last 19 games, (I think I read)

Fan's arent too happy with him unless you suggest a trade, then he's gold!..............Kinda sounds like CDC!.....LOL

A slump this year does not diminish his potential. It just shows that Senators fans are just as impatient and impulsive as Canucks fans. :lol:

Not a bad idea to get a buy-low 1st round pick like Lazar, and I'd do it if no other options are available.  Thing is though, I think the team's bottom 6 is already stocked with two-way guys (Sutter, Granlund, Burr, Dorsett, that 4th line) and not enough guys who may be buy-low guys with scoring ability (Sven, Bo, Rodin, Boucher is a good start for youngsters but should aim for more).  With that I'd want the team to consider someone like Ryan Strome.  Considering how both Curtis and Ryan are expansion-eligible, it's not like the team gets an asset that they don't have to protect either way (would be great to get someone who was ineligible) so why not get someone who has potential to become a bigger contributor to the team's future?  Curtis likely projects as a 3rd liner (draft comparable was Jarret Stoll).    

20 hours ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

A slump this year does not diminish his potential. It just shows that Senators fans are just as impatient and impulsive as Canucks fans. :lol:

I am not saying he is done......but he and Horvat weren't that far apart in the draft...8 spots and a world away!

20 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I am not saying he is done......but he and Horvat weren't that far apart in the draft...8 spots and a world away!

Horvat is a pretty special player though. A player like him that is able to contribute in so many different ways so early in his career is pretty rare. 

Archived