The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Col trade

JM_

18 hours ago, luckylager said:

I'd rather have Landy if we're trading with Col, I like his speed and heavy play. Great shot to boot.

Maybe Duche's game is too subtle and smart for my dumbass to appreciate, and admittedly I don't watch the Av's all that often, but he never seems to take the bull by the horns and just get er done. He needs to be surrounded by talent to be effective.

Listening to Pierre McGuire, and he said he's got concerns about Landeskog.  He wonders about the player's health, and trending the wrong way because of health issues.  

13 hours ago, luckylager said:

Convincing point of view, surfer, but our defense needs Tanev so badly. We're not very good back there, yet. Young.

And I'd still rather get Landy.

Its not about who we would like to have its about who we can get with what we have to offer

4 hours ago, Sbriggs said:

Its not about who we would like to have its about who we can get with what we have to offer

So I presume you're under the impression that Landy would be more expensive than Duchesne, given that statement^. You'd be wrong.

It would be less expensive to acquire Landy. Burnaby Joe is asking too much for both though, IMO. Maybe a legit contender would pay up, considering the 1st round pick would be late round, but a 1st + top 4 Dman + prospect isn't worth it for the Canucks. 

13 hours ago, luckylager said:

That's exactly what Sakic wants - 1st + top 4D + prospect. Steep.

Asking and receiving are different things. Of course his opening public statement is steep. But if Tanev was really on offer, he'd be in tough not to go for it. My guess is teams are calling JB about Tanev now that the ideas out there in the media about what he's worth. 

15 hours ago, luckylager said:

So I presume you're under the impression that Landy would be more expensive than Duchesne, given that statement^. You'd be wrong.

It would be less expensive to acquire Landy. Burnaby Joe is asking too much for both though, IMO. Maybe a legit contender would pay up, considering the 1st round pick would be late round, but a 1st + top 4 Dman + prospect isn't worth it for the Canucks. 

First of all thats what the Avs want now which is way to high I agree but when a GM has a need sometimes they have to overpay to get it. And it also has to depend on who there dancing partner is and what they have in the cupboard to play with. I am not sure who would be more expensive I do know that the Avs have to hit a homerun to save Joe's job possibly  and that may not who we want to go after. Duchene would be a nice fit we need a #1 center and I would be happy with a top 4 d man and a 1st round pick for him. We can afford to loose one top 4 D man.

3 hours ago, Sbriggs said:

Duchene would be a nice fit we need a #1 center and I would be happy with a top 4 d man and a 1st round pick for him. We can afford to loose one top 4 D man.

Bo has 6 more points (30) than Duchene (24) this season, in only 8 more games and he's 4 years younger.... Duchesne gets a majority of Ozone starts, is on the first PP and playing top line minutes.

Bo gets less minutes, more Dzone starts, is better defensively and is producing at a better rate than Duchesne. You say we need a future #1C and imply Duchesne is the guy, when we have a better all around player in Bo, who is 4 years younger and putting up better numbers. Okay then.

You'd actually be happy with trading Tanev AND this year's first for Duchesne? You wrote that. Wow. 

Thank FSM you're not running this team.

20 hours ago, luckylager said:

Bo has 6 more points (30) than Duchene (24) this season, in only 8 more games and he's 4 years younger.... Duchesne gets a majority of Ozone starts, is on the first PP and playing top line minutes.

Bo gets less minutes, more Dzone starts, is better defensively and is producing at a better rate than Duchesne. You say we need a future #1C and imply Duchesne is the guy, when we have a better all around player in Bo, who is 4 years younger and putting up better numbers. Okay then.

You'd actually be happy with trading Tanev AND this year's first for Duchesne? You wrote that. Wow. 

Thank FSM you're not running this team.

Duchene with Bo would be a great one two punch I don't care who's #1 and who's #2, Duchene plays on a worse team and would probably thrive here in Vancouver. We need a #1 center and we should do what we have to too aquire one. Tanev is our chip best in position to get us that.

Archived