The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tar Sands being Phased out......

kingofsurrey

27 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Environment destroyers will be environment destroyers 

I have no problem filling up my Mopar with 94 and burning rubber every chance I get. No problem at all. 

Trolls, on the other hand are much like environmentalists. A total nuisance. 

11 hours ago, coolboarder said:

If rest of the world does not save their own environment, then saving our own environment is meaningless.   Also, any type of destruction to the environment tend to heal itself, for example, a volcano which is destructive to the environment heals itself less than 20 years.   Economy is more important than environment and the earth had always been going through a climate change for centuries and it is not new.  Climate changes also includes droughts in some areas so this is no different in the past than we are experiencing today.    How do we even know what climate was like in 1700, or even 1800's, their normal seasons?  We don't know because there's report of droughts back then and it's not normal for them as well so we don't even have their stats on certain location.  We do not even have 1700's global information so our assumption of the climate change is meaningless.   We only have 100 years of information regarding to climate and it's not enough.  Give me 500 years of global climate information and we might figure things out what is causing climate change and I would conclude that it's normal for earth to go through some changes to their climate for various reasons.   The world always went through heat, cold for centuries and it's nothing new.  

The science community has a pretty good handle on climate shifts on this planet going back several billion years.  You seem to think because the weather guy on tv tells you "on this date in 1922 we set a record low"....that's the extent of our knowledge.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Fossil and geological records paint a good picture of the climate billions of years ago.  We have gone from a baked volcanic planet, to a frozen snowball, to a gaseous world the like atmosphere of Venus.  And everything in between. Several times.  In a nutshell the earth has cooled and warmed up many times on it's own.  This takes hundreds of millions of years to slowly change.  What the debate is about now is how much human activity (industrialization) has affected the earth over the last 150 years.  That 150 years is nothing in geological time. Nothing.   It's the sudden rapid warm up in such a short period of time which has some worried.

23 minutes ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

The science community has a pretty good handle on climate shifts on this planet going back several billion years.  You seem to think because the weather guy on tv tells you "on this date in 1922 we set a record low"....that's the extent of our knowledge.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Fossil and geological records paint a good picture of the climate billions of years ago.  We have gone from a baked volcanic planet, to a frozen snowball, to a gaseous world the like atmosphere of Venus.  And everything in between. Several times.  In a nutshell the earth has cooled and warmed up many times on it's own.  This takes hundreds of millions of years to slowly change.  What the debate is about now is how much human activity (industrialization) has affected the earth over the last 150 years.  That 150 years is nothing in geological time. Nothing.   It's the sudden rapid warm up in such a short period of time which has some worried.

Highly relevent XKCD:

https://xkcd.com/1732/

On 1/13/2017 at 0:40 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Finally some great news for our environment.....  Hopefully we can start cutting production in the next few years.

From the PM. 

During the town hall on Friday, Trudeau said it is the responsibility of Canadians to get our resources to market, but that it should be done “responsibly and be sustainable” and suggested Canada may eventually move to phase out the oilsands

http://globalnews.ca/news/3180011/trudeau-under-fire-for-saying-hell-phase-out-oilsands/

I am no fan of Trudeau but is it such a slow news month that folks have to create garbage out of facts? The guys comments are factual no matter what you think of him. Any PM from any party could have said it and it would be equally factual. He could have reworded that someday oil will go the way of the VHS and when that time comes all oil development will be phased out but until that day is upon us we will do it responsible etc.  It's like no crap - when the need for oil dives due to other enegery sources things like the oil sands will be phased out. Are folks really suggesting that when that day comes we should still go full out in the oil sands even without a market for oil lol ?

Anything for the right wing to pound their chests i suppose

1 hour ago, Lionized27 said:

I have no problem filling up my Mopar with 94 and burning rubber every chance I get. No problem at all. 

You still trolling.... wow.     

1 hour ago, Lionized27 said:

When Alf is not on CDC he hugs trees.  ::D

On 13/01/2017 at 0:40 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Finally some great news for our environment.....  Hopefully we can start cutting production in the next few years.

From the PM. 

During the town hall on Friday, Trudeau said it is the responsibility of Canadians to get our resources to market, but that it should be done “responsibly and be sustainable” and suggested Canada may eventually move to phase out the oilsands

http://globalnews.ca/news/3180011/trudeau-under-fire-for-saying-hell-phase-out-oilsands/

You should include the rest of the quote where he says it's a long way off into the future.  Albertans losing their crap over nothing.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

It's funny how some people are concerned about a online forum reputation, actually it might be sad. What would our grandparents think hey?

He even gave the percentages. You make me laugh kos.

Analytics is the new direction.....

PS - Strombone , you are 27 %  just in case you were wondering....

Archived