Canucks Community

[Report] Teams Inquiring About F Alex Burrows

hiebskey

2 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Burrows and Gaunce to Sabers for Kane!

Most likely will be to MTL for a 3rd

Or AV may want him in NY

Who are these Sabers that you speak of?

Burrows' age is what makes him a short term rental for a playoff team at best.  36 in April is a bit long in the tooth.

If a team offers the Canucks a 3rd round pick or higher, I'd take it and run. Before this current season, I don't even think teams would have offered us a 5th round pick for him. Although he has found some chemistry with Horvat and Baertschi, he's not getting any younger, and we can sign him in the off season for cheaper if we want to bring him back.

28 minutes ago, suitup said:

Vancouver hangs up the phone. Would only make it work if Colorado throws in McKinnon, Duchene, Barrie, 2 first round picks, and a fifth round pick for good measure. 

Screw that, we want Sakic too for our 3rd line.  Boy is still game I am sure

Very simple here. Burr takes the rental move, goes and helps someone win a cup (maybe Montreal). Gets us a decent pick in return

Then resigns in July with us on a year to year deal. Sure his family is here but its only a few months of his life. Hopefully, he agrees then resigns. The same thing we should have done with Hammer

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Screw that, we want Sakic too for our 3rd line.  Boy is still game I am sure

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Come on dude, that's just plain ridiculous...

But only 'cuz Colorado needs to retain cap to make it work.

In fact, we would like to acquire the entire Colorado Avalanche franchise in this trade in which we will relocate the team to Vancouver and call it the Vancouver Canvalanche. We will take the top players from the formerly known Colorado Avalanche organization and infuse it onto our Vancouver team, while the rest of those scrubs can be sent down to both the Utica Comets and San Antonio Rampage. 

Ann Walton Kroenke will have Alex Burrows under contract as her personal ice hockey player in which he will be doing lone skating practices for her at the Pepsi Center whenever she pleases until his contract ends in the summer. He will then sign a new one year contract with the Vancouver Canvalanche just to be traded to the Las Vegas Golden Knights with a 5th round pick and conditions that the Golden Knights will not draft any of the Canvalanche's exposed players. Burrows will sign another contract with us again over the summer and we keep repeating this process until we acquire every NHL franchise each year till we win the cup. 

Why is Benning not on this? #firebenning #outgm'ed

59 minutes ago, suitup said:

Vancouver hangs up the phone. Would only make it work if Colorado throws in McKinnon, Duchene, Barrie, 2 first round picks, and a fifth round pick for good measure. 

Whoa don't forget, Trader Jim ALWAYS throws in a 2nd.

I would be down if Burr did get moved, get a 2nd or (and?) 3rd in return from a contender as others have mentioned.  It'd give Rodin a chance to show his stuff.

56 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JB already said he won't ask guys to waive.  This puts the player in a position of having to ask.  Do any of us really believe Burrows would jump ship on his teammates?  He's a stand up guy, and I just don't see him doing that.  JB should retract that stupid comment he made about not asking NTCs to waive.  

No, not really. If Jim got a call he'd pass it on to Burr's agent - who'd probably know about it already - and let Burr decide. He would never withhold an offer, but he's not going to go and ask him on any internal moves because Jim's not actively shopping any of our NTCs. 

I think Burr would go to Montreal, or maybe the Panthers since he's got bud's on that team. Otherwise he probably stays put. 

But people need to lower the expectations here... 2nd rounder, no. 3rd and a project prospect if we keep 1/2 the salary? Maybe. 

Archived