The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Teams Inquiring About F Alex Burrows

hiebskey

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Really? Why? With all the angst over the Granlund deal that is - to many people's surprise - working out great. Guddy may yet as well, we need to see him healthy and not with a rookie partner. 

I guess I need to drink some of my Green and blue JB Koolaide, and I'll feel more trust.  :lol:

Just now, WHL rocks said:

The facepalm suggested you did. What did you mean by singling out that one sentence and giving it a face palm?

That blaming WD solely for our poor record is the same tired, lacking-critical-thinking that's pretty easily dismissed with any actual thought.

We're a not very good, injury riddled team in the middle of a rebuild that was pegged as a 65 point team. I'd wager last change on the road is a pretty big slice of the pie that explains our record and the fine line this teams cuts between wins and losses.

Just now, J.R. said:

That blaming WD solely for our poor record is the same tired, lacking-critical-thinking that's pretty easily dismissed with any actual thought.

We're a not very good, injury riddled team in the middle of a rebuild that was pegged as a 65 point team. I'd wager last change on the road is a pretty big slice of the pie that explains our record and the fine line this teams cuts between wins and losses.

There is a lot more to coaching than having last change. Coaches employ all sorts of tricks to get the right players on the ice at the right time. Not just rolling 4 lines and standing behind the bench. It's a well known fact mgmt had to get involved and talk to WD about this in the past. 

And I don't know where you got the 'SOLELY" responsible for the poor record. But the huge discrepancy between the road record and home record does tell me coaching has something to do with it. 

We could probably get a good pick if we retained salary on his contract. I love Burr and he's been a warrior for us but I'd be alright with seeing him go to a contender. Seeing him get to play for Montreal in the playoffs would be a treat. We could likely always bring him back too, which I'd prefer. Forget players like Megna and Chaput, having a guy like Burrows with all his experience, heart and PK ability on your third or fourth line is a luxury. He's still got game.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

JB already said he won't ask guys to waive.  This puts the player in a position of having to ask.  Do any of us really believe Burrows would jump ship on his teammates?  He's a stand up guy, and I just don't see him doing that.  JB should retract that stupid comment he made about not asking NTCs to waive.  

benning might pass on the teams looking at him. and give him the option 0f catching on somewhere else. that is not asking him to wave. 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

There is truth to his claim. Canucks road record is terrible. They have the 3rd worst road record in the league with only 5 wins. ARZ has 5 and NYI has the worst with 4 wins. Canucks have the 7th best home record in the NHL. THis tells you coaching is a big factor. 

A coach has to do a lot more coaching on the road and proof is in the pudding. 

And last year it was reversed with the same coach.  Decent on the road, and crap at home

"most hated player in the NHL" they say.

"Overrated", "only effective with the twins"..... And now GM's are calling for him? Sports media is ridiculous.

Burr, you do you. Hopefully you find your way back once you get that cup.

Burrows to the Rangers for a 2nd + Ty Ronning?

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

If one is to believe everything written by the media, as well as a certain involuntarily and perpetually angered cross section of CDC, then yeah, he's clueless. 

15 minutes ago, apollo said:

If Jimbo trades Burr but didn't do to hammer or vrby I'll hate him even more. 

Awkward...

Haha!

Archived