The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Teams Inquiring About F Alex Burrows

hiebskey

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

JB already said he won't ask guys to waive.  This puts the player in a position of having to ask.  Do any of us really believe Burrows would jump ship on his teammates?  He's a stand up guy, and I just don't see him doing that.  JB should retract that stupid comment he made about not asking NTCs to waive.  

I can see Burrows as the type of guy who would say "JIm, if it's for the good of the team then pull the trigger" 

5 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

LMAO.  As expected, the posters here are expecting way too much in return.  

It would just be nice if we could get anything.  Nice for Burrows to get one last chance at a cup, even as a 4th liner.

As with every deadline deal it will depend on the market, but a 2nd or 3rd isn't too much for a guy like him. Or are you referring to the Gretzky for Burrows offers?

13 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Awkward...

Haha!

zDr8H.gif

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

I'd say having us remotely in the playoff picture given those circumstances is 'getting it done'.

You know the games just get harder and rougher as the season goes along. Unless Willie can work out a better road plan this team can't make it, not without a sh!tload of lucky bounces. 

9 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

You know the games just get harder and rougher as the season goes along. Unless Willie can work out a better road plan this team can't make it, not without a sh!tload of lucky bounces. 

Agreed. We aren't making the playoffs simply by maintaining our current road record.

21 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

There couldn't possibly be enough lucky bounces, a sh!Tload would be a drop in the bucket compared to how many we'd actually need.

The road plan - figure out a way to get last change. It's kind of odd that our home / road success is the exact opposite of last season. Head scratcher for sure.

23 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I like to add bourbon. Knob Creek is my favourite, when the wife lets me buy it. 

Pump the breaks. You'd waste Knob Creek in some Alf koolaid? For shame!

An "Old Fashion" is the only respectable way to mix a good Bourbon. I love a good ol' fashion in the summer, on the deck, under the umbrella with my feet up. 

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Pump the breaks. You'd waste Knob Creek in some Alf koolaid? For shame!

An "Old Fashion" is the only respectable way to mix a good Bourbon. I love a good ol' fashion in the summer, on the deck, under the umbrella with my feet up. 

No love for the Manhattan (although I prefer a quality rye in those?

Just now, King Heffy said:

No love for the Manhattan (although I prefer a quality rye in those?

Too ritzy for this kid, a bit too sweet and the cherry ruins it for me. The martini glass doesn't help either.

But to be fair, I used to make Hattns for a few stellar gentlemen that tipped like superheroes

Just now, luckylager said:

Too ritzy for this kid, a bit too sweet and the cherry ruins it for me. The martini glass doesn't help either.

But to be fair, I used to make Hattns for a few stellar gentlemen that tipped like superheroes

I'm assuming you're making your Old Fashioneds without "the garbage" then?

5 hours ago, Green Goblin said:

Nah let's just do it now.

Burrows 

for 

Anaheim's 2nd

Reunite the former Canucks. :canucks: 

14, 17, 3

2011 heroes lol; Burrows with the ot goal (2nd overall goal too) against the Hawks in game 7, Kesler beating Nashville to a pulp, and Bieksa with the flukey ot goal against the sharks in the conference finals.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm assuming you're making your Old Fashioneds without "the garbage" then?

Nah, but I'm really conservative with the sugar on my orange squeeze / rind muddle. The bitters really balance it out, that and the 5oz of Knob...

11 minutes ago, luckylager said:

:ph34r:I like Hattns.

i ask for a mans glass though.

:ph34r:

(Confessions thread post?)

dont hate me cos I'm beautiful.

Just now, riffraff said:

:ph34r:I like Hattns.

i ask for a mans glass though.

(Confessions thread post?)

dont hate me cos I'm beautiful.

Each their own, Riff. As I mentioned, I had a few regulars (once upon a time) that would stop in for a cocktail on their way home. They were respectful, polite and intelligent gentlemen. Men, riff. 

I don't remember ever making a Hattn for a woman. But it's been over a decade since I was last paid to mix a drink

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Each their own, Riff. As I mentioned, I had a few regulars (once upon a time) that would stop in for a cocktail on their way home. They were respectful, polite and intelligent gentlemen. Men, riff. 

I don't remember ever making a Hattn for a woman. But it's been over a decade since I was last paid to mix a drink

Vancouver at the time?

when I regularly drank them goes back to the late 90's....had a pretty funky gf at the time.  We used to go out for cocktails quite regularly.

was never a high roller but liked to stop in to some of the nice hotel lounges for respectful  and gentlemanly evenings.

a good balance for the other nights at the pig and whistle.:lol:

Archived