The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van/Rags(Proposal)

Watching the NYR's vs Mtl. NY has potential with a nice collection of large, fast fwds. Are there are Rags-backers 'round here? Who would they protect, for their June 7(exp d)?

Guessing: Nash, Stepan, Miller, Hayes, Zucc, Kreider, (Grabner?)

^In view of the above, is there a chance we could pry Zibanejad from them? Yeah, I know he broke a wheel. Still, 23 yo, righty C/RW(chosen #6 OA in 2011). Raised in the Swedish environment. Would fit in well with our young guys, perhaps?

The clincher here could be sending a coupla' guys AV loves: Tanev & Hansen. If NY thinks this is their chance, they might go all-in...

Van: Tanev, Hansen(about 7 mill; could even eat 1 mill of Jannik's hit, if the return was greatly enhanced), maybe Biega(?)

NYR: Klein(1 more yr of 2.9 AAV, mostly to balance cap), Zibanejad, would we expect more in such a deal?..Z(RFA) finishes his deal with a 2.6 mill AAV hit. So the numbers almost wash.

******************************************:                       ****************************************************

I'd add ANOTHER trade, packaging either Baer or Granny(head East, young men) with a D, for MORE youth.

Expansion list: Bo, Sutter, Baer(or Gran), Zibanejad, Eriksson, ONE TWIN :^), hey.. whaddya' know? gotta spot open! :^)

DON'T shoot the messenger. AV & me were gabbin' puck(advice on skype) & he was drunk. He asked me if he should push the trade-button???(was so uncertain)

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

Why would we want/need Zibanejad? And why on earth would we trade Tanev for him?

I guess because he's a 23 yo, 6'2", 215 lb righty fwd, who's basically played the past 2.5 seasons at a 55 pt pace?

Admittedly, I haven't watched him a lot, but these numbers seem pretty solid. I also included the question(should we expect anything else?)

If anyone else feels they have a handle on how much tweaking this needs(for balanced value), I didn't chisel this idea into granite..do feel free.

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I guess because he's a 23 yo, 6'2", 215 lb righty fwd, who's basically played the past 2.5 seasons at a 55 pt pace?

Admittedly, I haven't watched him a lot, but these numbers seem pretty solid. I also included the question(should we expect anything else?)

If anyone else feels they have a handle on how much tweaking this needs(for balanced value), I didn't chisel this idea into granite..do feel free.

I have no idea.

Archived