The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Retire Burrows' number?

Adarsh Sant

Burrows #14  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I respect his tremendous journey against all odds - undrafted, 3 seasons in the ECHL and his progression in Vancouver. 

However, due to his numerous serious classless antics on the ice, no championships and only 380 total points doesn't warrant his number retired. 

ROH sure, but nothing more. 

9 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

I respect his tremendous journey against all odds - undrafted, 3 seasons in the ECHL and his progression in Vancouver. 

However, due to his numerous serious classless antics on the ice, no championships and only 380 total points doesn't warrant his number retired. 

ROH sure, but nothing more. 

Agree.  200 %. 

1 hour ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Retire 22 33 and Luongo. Burrows to the ROH. I don't think anyone else from this Era of canucks will get either honor.  Maybe Hansen if he stays with us his whole career would get a ROH as I feel he is one of the most underrated players in the league

Bo Horvat disagrees with this post....

(not saying he's certain to be in the ROH - but he has all the "ingrediants" IMHO).

He doesn't come even 1% close to jersey retirement. Although I don't believe this franchise should have any retired numbers.

I also loathe the ROH, so again, no to that. If I were Linden for a day and could only do one thing, it would be to tear down that shocking embarrassment. It's a tribute to mediocre hockey and we should be ashamed it was ever mentioned.

The only thing we should be considering Burr for is a CUP. Trade him to whoever he feels will give him the best chance of getting the only "ring" players care about - a Stanley Cup ring.

3 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

He doesn't come even 1% close to jersey retirement. Although I don't believe this franchise should have any retired numbers.

I also loathe the ROH, so again, no to that. If I were Linden for a day and could only do one thing, it would be to tear down that shocking embarrassment. It's a tribute to mediocre hockey and we should be ashamed it was ever mentioned.

The only thing we should be considering Burr for is a CUP. Trade him to whoever he feels will give him the best chance of getting the only "ring" players care about - a Stanley Cup ring.

Lots of teams have things like the ring of honour. Our history is mediocre, it is what it is.

1 hour ago, Westcoasting said:

Its not me its the hof. Curtis Joseph still not in or even mentioned much. Has more wins than Lui. Multiple cups and Vezina winners are the only ones to get voted in for the last 30 years or so. Lots of other goalies overlooked also. If you are a forward or offensive defence man, no problem you're voted in!

Even multiple Cups AND a Vezina doesn't guarantee anything...

barrasso.jpg

2 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

Its not me its the hof. Curtis Joseph still not in or even mentioned much. Has more wins than Lui. 

Cujo:  943 games....0.906 save percentage (pretty average)...454 wins  (more of a "team stat" IMHO like GAA though Lou has Cujo beat on that one)  51 shutouts

Luongo:  956 games...0.919 save percentage definately NOT average)...449 wins   73 shutouts

54 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Lots of teams have things like the ring of honour. Our history is mediocre, it is what it is.

There's no need to celebrate mesiocracy, you move away from it as fast as possible and distance yourself as far as you can.

I hate participation awards, and this is one.

In many ways he's a Stan Smyl kind of candidate, being a heart and soul player, gritty and reliable,  works hard all of the time and over came all obstacles from preventing both of them to become NHL'ers.

Scoring wise relatively similar ( Smyl's era had far more goal production ) and each with a Stanley Cup appearance and more over..Fan Favourites!

Hang it high No. 14!

2 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

Its not me its the hof. Curtis Joseph still not in or even mentioned much. Has more wins than Lui. Multiple cups and Vezina winners are the only ones to get voted in for the last 30 years or so. Lots of other goalies overlooked also. If you are a forward or offensive defence man, no problem you're voted in!

cujo never won a cup not sure what your talking about did eddie the eagle even win one maybe with dallas but not sure

1 hour ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

The Lightning won a Cup and only just retired their first number. Our rafters are a tribute to failure and one we should disassociate ourselves from.

I mean, I liked Markus Naslund - but to say no-one can ever wear his # again? He wasn't THAT good.

Archived