The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks VS New Jersey Devils, Jan 15, 2017, 4 pm

KyoNami

Id like to see Sutter back on the Sedins line just because he seems to be the only one that can ignite them right now. Put Granlund as the 3rd line C so that he can grow in that position which would benefit the team in the long run.

Sedins-Sutter

Baer-Bo-Burr/Rodin(rotate both in and out to keep burrs fresh and ease in rodin)

Boucher-Granlund-Eriksson

Chaput-Gaunce-Skille

Waive Megna or Chaput

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

1. tick

2. tick

3. No way, we have already seen what he can do and it wasn't edifying

4. No way, if we are still trying to win that would be a silly move. Oh and Rodin is crocked.

5. tick

6. An idiot move in the circumstances.

Why do some fans want to run this club like it was a video game or a pub team. Changes have consequences and they are not guaranteed to be good, when will people realise that?

how is it an idiot move? the guy does nothing with the chances he has been given. the team isn't winning right now so there goes your don't mess with a win streak argument. give boucher a chance to show what he can do.

3-1 Canucks if Markstrom plays and Bo's line gets the most minutes 5on5 and on the PP.

Interesting how the third man on the Sedin's line is the reason the Sedins (at $7M per season/player) are not producing. In reality, they should be making the third man better.

10 hours ago, Apricot said:

Going to the game! My 2017 Canucks record will be 1-0-0

LEEGGOOOOO CANUCKS!!

Who's going to be designated to do the legendary SHUTOUT calls when we need it.. @oldnews ;).. also looking forward to the game. Hope that I'll be able to catch it. wish that Willie would put Boucher in for at least this one game to make a statement against his former team that kept putting him on waivers. Looking forward to a strong game by Miller or Marky. Depending who gets the nod. 2-1 Canucks win.

Bo, Edler

Zajac

GCG!:towel:

2 hours ago, mll said:

No line changes as per the NHL preview posted above by @the harry:

Desjardins said he won't make any other lineup changes, meaning forward Reid Boucher, who played nine games for the Devils this season, will be a heathy scratch for the sixth straight game since being claimed off waivers Jan. 4.

We are going to end up doing Boucher like the Leafs are Corrado. Shame. 

Why you wouldn't play Boucher against his former team I do not know why. That always lights a fire under a player to stick it to his former team. 

Apprently chaput, gaunce and megna are ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL to the Canucks success (or lack there of) 

what would we we do without them...

11 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

As far as Rodin goes...

In the meantime..

I think the poor bugger is headed for 1 more surgery yet. Something's not right in there. I don't think i've been this disappointed over a player that I haven't really seen! I think his shot is coming next year. 

37 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Who's going to be designated to do the legendary SHUTOUT calls when we need it.. @oldnews ;).. also looking forward to the game. Hope that I'll be able to catch it. wish that Willie would put Boucher in for at least this one game to make a statement against his former team that kept putting him on waivers. Looking forward to a strong game by Miller or Marky. Depending who gets the nod. 2-1 Canucks win.

Bo, Edler

Zajac

GCG!:towel:

Dont worry, I'll log in if my magic is necessary. If I haven't done it by the beginning of the third period, then I pass it on to @ThrustyPrusty89 she's got it. 

5 minutes ago, billabong said:

Why you wouldn't play Boucher against his former team I do not know why. That always lights a fire under a player to stick it to his former team. 

Apprently chaput, gaunce and megna are ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL to the Canucks success (or lack there of) 

what would we we do without them...

On the road... OK  but Willie's got last change so why not try the kid? Maybe he's not quite there in terms of conditioning yet. 

3 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Willie don't listen to this idiot - no bone throwing, we want you to keep to a team that is performing well.

I personally don't care if I ever see Pedan in the team.

who's replacing the toughness of dorsett and gudbranson?what era of hockey did you grow up watching?you like seeing players taking liberty's on the sedins?who's going to straighten out the devils for kicking larsens head around the ice when he was ko'd last year?  

9 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

^Fav Travolta movie might be, 'Get Shorty'. Devito & Hackman are so damngood in that flick, too.

Now what I've heard about that bloke(away from camera) is pretty disturbing. Him & Tom Cruise should just pack it in.

As for this tilt, can hardly stand to glance at weeWillie's lineup calls any more. Doesn't use his depth. Ah well..GCG!

Putting aside his Oprah incident and his Scientology beliefs Tom Cruise is a great actor. He always does his own scenes (that was him hanging off the Burj Khalifa not a stunt double) and puts his all into every role. The latest being Edge of Tomorrow, which is a fantastic movie. Based on his acting alone I hope he is continually cast for many years to come. He is the last actor that should be criticized for his work.

2 hours ago, Fateless said:

Getting really disgusted at Willie's love for Megna. No reason we should be claiming someone off waivers just to sit them in the pressbox while an AHL plug gets 15+ minutes a game.

VS PHI Megna had one of his better games, along with that line and had 2 assists.  Scored the previous game.  I guess taking half a second to think about that didnt occur to you

Archived