The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks VS New Jersey Devils, Jan 15, 2017, 4 pm

KyoNami

16 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

VS PHI Megna had one of his better games, along with that line and had 2 assists.  Scored the previous game.  I guess taking half a second to think about that didnt occur to you

Yes, his 6 points in 27 games with more than half of those being on our FIRST LINE is absolutely spectacular. Hart trophy worthy really. 

The guy is a 4th liner and both Rodin and Boucher should be given ice over him so we can see what we have in them.

Edit: where are you seeing he scored in his previous game? He has no goals recently.

13 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

VS PHI Megna had one of his better games, along with that line and had 2 assists.  Scored the previous game.  I guess taking half a second to think about that didnt occur to you

He had 2 apples in a 8 goal game big deal. Before that He played like 7 games with the sedins and pp2 time and not a single point....he even shutdown the sedins over that span.

Do you know how hard it is to not even get a bounce or a measly 2nd assist for any of them over that time?

If that doesn't scream I don't belong in the show I don't know what does

1 hour ago, Mattrek said:

Putting aside his Oprah incident and his Scientology beliefs Tom Cruise is a great actor. He always does his own scenes (that was him hanging off the Burj Khalifa not a stunt double) and puts his all into every role. The latest being Edge of Tomorrow, which is a fantastic movie. Based on his acting alone I hope he is continually cast for many years to come. He is the last actor that should be criticized for his work.

You may well be right, Mattrek..he certainly seems enthusiastic enough!

In truth, I haven't seen many of his movies the past decade, or two. In the 80's, I too danced around in my underwear singing Bob Seger(same as the brainwashed-masses!).

Got more time for the likes of Pacino, Hackman, Newman, Redford & DenIro.. Love them ol' 70's stars. Golden era for flicks. But Cruise has had one Helluva' run, it's true. 

REFEREES

Garrett Rank (#7) Tom Kowal (#32)
  nhlhs_7.jpg 130p_kowal.jpg
Games 16-17 38 34
Career Games 77 994
First NHL Game 1/15/15 10/29/99
Birthplace Elmira, ON Vernon, BC
Goals/Gm 5.7 (7) 5.3 (21)
PP/Gm 3.1 (25) 2.8 (37)
Penl/Gm 4.1 (18) 3.7 (34)
PIM/Gm 10.0 (15) 8.1 (34)
% of Penl on Home 47.0% (16) 48.0% (10)
More Penl on Rd % 11.0% (22) 9.0% (26)
Home Win % 61.0% (20) 65.0% (12)
Home Rec. 23-15 22-12
OT/SO Games 24.0% (21) 24.0% (21)
Calls by Period 1st 2nd 3rd 1st 2nd 3rd
2016-17 33% 36% 31% 31% 42% 26%
Team Records 16-17 15-16 14-15 16-17 15-16 14-15
NJD 0-3 1-2 0-1 1-0 3-2 1-3
VAN 0-1 1-1 0-0 1-2 1-5 5-5

LINESMEN

Bevan Mills (#53) Mark Wheler (#56)
  NHLHS_53.jpg 130p_wheler.jpg
Games 16-17 10 37
Career Games 10 1633
First NHL Game 11/29/16 10/10/92
Birthplace Surrey, BC North Battleford, SK

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Because it's not working? And when did Pedan play this season? If he wasn't good enough to play, why call him up from Utica? If the changes don't work, we can go back the next game and try something else. The sad part is the Canucks never seem to have enough practice time to try new things. 

Who says it's not working?

Pedan played pre season as I recall and last season and none of it filled me with enough confidence that I would move any of the existing incumbents out just to give him a "shot" I realise the lightweights on here want him in the team because he fights but a defender is there first and foremost to defend and if he can't then he will at least have to wait for an opening due to injury. Pedan is there just for that reason.

We are in the mix an that is not the time to "try things"

4 hours ago, Fateless said:

Getting really disgusted at Willie's love for Megna. No reason we should be claiming someone off waivers just to sit them in the pressbox while an AHL plug gets 15+ minutes a game.

Sad to hear about Rodin, hopefully he feels better soon and we can see what we have in him.

I expect a win.

Boucher is just as much "an AHL plug." Who do you think we are talking about here, RNH?

You mean you, people like you and the media now accept Rodin was injured? Too bad eh, that's another BS accusation that has proven unfounded against the coach. Oh well on to the next one.:lol:

3 hours ago, gino#29 said:

who's replacing the toughness of dorsett and gudbranson?what era of hockey did you grow up watching?you like seeing players taking liberty's on the sedins?who's going to straighten out the devils for kicking larsens head around the ice when he was ko'd last year?  

I believe that was Sbisa's skate that contacted Larsen's head, what game were you watching?

We haven;t doe so bad without Dorsett and Guddy so far.

2 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

Brace yourselves for a snooze fest...It will most likely be like the first 50 minutes of the Nashville game...Canucks need a win to stay in the playoff bubble 'pack'.

"This game needs a goal!" Get the anthem singer to squeeze that into the US ditty(drop that propaganda-crap about bombs in the air)

Jersey's a failed-franchise that were gifted Cups, after dragging game-style through the mud for over a decade. Lou Lam was a skinhead, insider-bully(league-flunky) that somehow escaped(teleported?) from the 40's & 50's, corrupt owner-era.

For all this, NJ deserves an 8-1 drubbing. Schneids has a cold, Kinkaid gets shellacked!

20 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Who says it's not working?

Pedan played pre season as I recall and last season and none of it filled me with enough confidence that I would move any of the existing incumbents out just to give him a "shot" I realise the lightweights on here want him in the team because he fights but a defender is there first and foremost to defend and if he can't then he will at least have to wait for an opening due to injury. Pedan is there just for that reason.

We are in the mix an that is not the time to "try things"

Saw Pedan get thrown out(ala Sestito) jumpin in when(I think..forgot?) Tanev got nailed. Wouldn't surprise me if he had it out with Willie, over a BS call. That was preseason.

Kids got tools..we SHOULD have given him a good chance, by now.

4 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Id like to see Sutter back on the Sedins line just because he seems to be the only one that can ignite them right now. Put Granlund as the 3rd line C so that he can grow in that position which would benefit the team in the long run.

Sedins-Sutter

Baer-Bo-Burr/Rodin(rotate both in and out to keep burrs fresh and ease in rodin)

Boucher-Granlund-Eriksson

Chaput-Gaunce-Skille

Waive Megna or Chaput

I've been hoping for this for a while now but have no faith in WD making good decisions and if he does its well after he should.

Markstrom should definitely be getting the start as well.

6 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Saw Pedan get thrown out(ala Sestito) jumpin in when(I think..forgot?) Tanev got nailed. Wouldn't surprise me if he had it out with Willie, over a BS call. That was preseason.

Kids got tools..we SHOULD have given him a good chance, by now.

I remember that, how Pedan stood up for his teammate.  That was what we need more of, and Willie sends the guy packing.  Go figure. :(

Archived