The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Devils @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Henrik is almost starting to tarnish his legacy with some of his quotes lately.

To be fair he's running out of things to say too... But yeah I think sometimes a captain needs to shoot straight instead of being diplomatic all the tlme, to keep his team checked in.

2 minutes ago, 1-d said:

To be fair he's running out of things to say too... But yeah I think sometimes a captain needs to shoot straight instead of being diplomatic all the tlme, to keep his team checked in.

I think if Henrik started in on Willie at all, even minutely,  the local media's collective head would explode and it would be a massive distraction to the team. 

54 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

good luck with a 12% powerplay efficiency

There is patient...then there is too patient. Our PP has been terrible. I don't know how many games I watch and see ZERO shots on a PP chance, and not just once in the game. They'll get zero shots on 2 or 3 chances. I'm sorry but no matter what that needs to change. I like this team, and love seeing the young guns play. BUT GET THE PUCK ON THE NET GAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!....ehem...sorry...

7 minutes ago, 1-d said:

I think the fan base is running out of things to say as well given that the PGT hasn't really been on fire.

Willie has slipped back into his previous habits that caused the chorus of "Fire Willie" to get louder after each game.

- No changing of the personnel on the power play despite it's abysmal performance.

- Giving a guy who skates hard, but has no finish and is an AHL player top line minutes.

- Playing that same guy with our number one line dragging the Sedins down with him.

- No in game adjustments. If your team is playing like as Henrik says "watching paint dry" then you need to try something new.

- Playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

- Not giving anyone new the chance to play. The only way someone gets in the line up is if someone else is injured. How do you find out what you have if you won't give a guy the chance to show you? What is so wrong about resting a guy like Chaput, Megna, Skille or Gaunce to see what else we have? We might have a 50 point guy waiting there and we may never find out until it's too late.

Stubborn Willie refuses to try anything different for fear of losing the game when we end up losing the game anyway. He'll have until the end of the season unless we go on a double digit losing streak, but afterwards he needs to be fired unless he can go back to what he did during our win streak when he was flexible and tried different options.

EDIT: Oh and if a coach was happy with what we just saw on the ice they have an extreme case of homerism.

4 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Canucks are not going to sell any tickets playing hockey like we saw today...Even on TV it was just lifeless..

Megna's family should be buying up tickets  ....  Canuck coaches  will soon stop drinking before games and the  First line Megna experiment will be over.....

I mean Megna must never get willies coffee order wrong cause 17 MINUTES OF ICETIME! -1 and no shots

Rodins knee is 50 shades of messed up so You can't fault willy for not playing him

but apprently Boucher can't get a SNIFF of ice because Megna can attain a -1 and not a shot on net...Megna has apprently set the bar too high for Boucher 

i wanna give Boucher 17 MINUTES OF ICE TIME and see what he can do.

If he goes even rating and gets 1 shot he would surpass megnas performance tonight. Whoa that's a doozy

17 mins.....I can't believe it. This is a joke

Watched the game with the help of 30 second skip.. seemed like after every commercial break #46 was out there on the ice.

Makes me wonder if commentators are talking off air about why Megna's always on the ice like Hughson did when Willie kept sending Vey out for the o-zone draws in the 3rd period.

Archived