The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Here's the thing: JB should get rid of Megna now

Horvats_Big_Head

Willie's addiction is for playing undersized, underskilled right handed, career AHL forwards on the first line, second line, 1st powerplay, etc. Does he not realize how irrational this is? Megna is a worse version of Vey. And now he is getting 17 minutes of ice time, just like Vey. 

JB did the right thing last summer and let lifetime nhl duster Linden Vey walk off. He needs to take away this current temptation as well. Megna tries hard, but for the good of the team, and the good of actual skilled players like Rodin, he needs to leave. He deserves to be released in all honesty. He is less valuable to us than Gaunce. However, I don't think anyone would want him in a trade unless he was merely a throw in. Thoughts?

PS #freewilly #notmycoach

TBH, I sometimes do this on NHL 17... I put plugs with the Twins and boost up their trade value then trade them for 1st round picks.

But Willie does this in the NHL level so maybe his interpretation of reality is mixed with his fantasies. 

Was Willie once an undersized career AHLer?

2 minutes ago, BigCountry18 said:

TBH, I sometimes do this on NHL 17... I put plugs with the Twins and boost up their trade value then trade them for 1st round picks.

But Willie does this in the NHL level so maybe his interpretation of reality is mixed with his fantasies. 

you may be somehow controlling willie remotely by doing this,try putting pedan in.

1 minute ago, gino#29 said:

you may be somehow controlling willie remotely by doing this,try putting pedan in.

That's weird. I got rid of my telepathic powers a long time ago. 

But yeah anyways I've made some changes; I put Pedan in with the Twins, sent Megna down, and brought Subban up and put him with Baer and Bo. Let's see if it works. :bigblush:

27 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Wouldn't the simpler solution be to hide a coach intelligent enough to identify an NHLer? 

Actually, it is easier to get rid of Megna than to fire the coach.

Megna: bury him in the minor. Done.

Coach:

1. pay his salary for the remainder of the contract (not multimillion but probably close to a mil)

2. have to appease the players that like him, 

3. have to talk to the media on why he was let go; basically the media will make JB say something bad about WD and to throw him WD under the bus

4. have to find a new coach, if he fails or if the team fails, then it's your turn to take the blame.

Having said, that I don't think we should get rid of Megna. He just needs to play less important role?

47 minutes ago, gino#29 said:

it is mind boggling.whydid they say they were going to play some of the prospects in the offseason?i think the lineup decisions  have a lot to do with the expansion draft.

No reason for it.

Whoever is not protected is exposed regardless of the number of games they play.   They simply need to make sure that they have at least 2F + 1D with the minimum game requirements among their exposed players as to not be forced to expose someone they would like to protect.

1 hour ago, BigCountry18 said:

Except for the trading part.

3 hours ago, khay said:

Actually, it is easier to get rid of Megna than to fire the coach.

Megna: bury him in the minor. Done.

Coach:

1. pay his salary for the remainder of the contract (not multimillion but probably close to a mil)

2. have to appease the players that like him, 

3. have to talk to the media on why he was let go; basically the media will make JB say something bad about WD and to throw him WD under the bus

4. have to find a new coach, if he fails or if the team fails, then it's your turn to take the blame.

Having said, that I don't think we should get rid of Megna. He just needs to play less important role?

Megna is not what caused the problems in that game. 

Do any of you watch how many open passes the twins pass up just so they can pass to each other, 99  times out of 100 leading to nothing. They are draining the life out of the team. Bo's line went AWOL. But all some of you can do is concentrate on a low paid AHL place filler.

It's so convenient to avoid criticising your favourites or even to ignore the fact we just don't have enough prime alternatives at present. For those harping on about giving more time to the 2nd PP, maybe you can see it's not as simple as that, they were cr-p too.

The Twins are in danger of tarnishing their legacy the more they play this "keep away" selfish game. They need to change. And please JB do not renew them, I am now at the stage I would rather lose every week than continue to watch their circus.

I think WD must now do something about the twins, rest them, split them up, anything but continue with the same boring perimeter BS they are serving up just now.

You guys are needlessly complaining. We have points 9 out of the last 10 games and are in an achievable position to capture a playoff spot. The right players are getting the right amount of minutes such as Horvat/Baertschi/Sutter/Granlund/Stretcher, even the Sedins have their minutes down the last few games. 

Sure, you can nit and pick why Megna is getting 17 minutes, but this is not that concerning right now to the big picture. 

Archived