The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Here's the thing: JB should get rid of Megna now

Horvats_Big_Head

With Hansen out, only Canucks forwards with right-handed shots are Sutter, Burrows, Megna, and Skille.

Is Burrows or Skille better than Megna? Only 1 way to find out

Megna with 1st and 2nd line minutes and 2nd unit PP = 3 goals

Skille limited 4th line minutes = 4 goals

3 minutes ago, combover said:

Last I checked Gm determines the roster not the coach. Send him (megna) down,  insert Boucher or rotate other Utica forwards through the roster. 

Jim should have identified the problem and sovled it. Instead he's enable  it. 

All all that said it's not like any player on the team is excelling under willies coaching so it might be a bit unfair to asses any player accurately. 

Sure but the issue is, does Jim want to be seen by quality coaching prospects post-Willie as a meddling GM? If so you won't get a better guy than Willie moving forward. 

4 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

With Hansen out, only Canucks forwards with right-handed shots are Sutter, Megna, and Skille.

Is Skille better than Megna? Only 1 way to find out

So Willie should put in a proven non-scorer in place of a guy who's proving to be a non-scorer :lol:

Just do the obvious and leave Loui with the twins. BPA and who cares if he isn't a RH shot. Loui is defensively sound enough to be their partner, and last night they had the 2 best scoring chances. If you do that, the rest of the line riddle becomes a lot easer to solve. 

12 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

So Willie should put in a proven non-scorer in place of a guy who's proving to be a non-scorer :lol:

Just do the obvious and leave Loui with the twins. BPA and who cares if he isn't a RH shot. Loui is defensively sound enough to be their partner, and last night they had the 2 best scoring chances. If you do that, the rest of the line riddle becomes a lot easer to solve. 

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff  11h11 hours ago

last 50 #Canucks goals scored. Skille with more than either Sedin.

C2RZGyiVEAMgAKu.jpg

8 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Yes to that.  I also would like to see Rodin with the twins.  I think he can be Vrbata 1st season esque with them.  He probably needs a 5-10 games to at least get up to speed.  It would suck if he got fed up and walked intothe Chicago lineup next summer and became the next panaarin.  Not saying he is that good, but he could be.  He was our best player in pre-season.

40 minutes ago, stawns said:

Stetcher

gaunce

baer

granlund

hutton

Tryamkin

all prospects, all playing regular shifts and contributing in some way.  Sounds like you just have an easily boggled mind

i'm talking about prospects not players that were on the roster all last year like granland baertschi and hutton.sounds like your a good spin doctor.are megna and beige prospects as well?

9 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Sure but the issue is, does Jim want to be seen by quality coaching prospects post-Willie as a meddling GM? If so you won't get a better guy than Willie moving forward. 

I don't think there's anything this managment group could do to make this club less inviting to coaching prospects.

low on skill, talent and top end prospects, a media mess, and rumours of bad ownership and unrealistic expectation from managment. 

Hence why green will most like be called apon  next season. Although guys want to be NHL coaches or stay NHL coaches I think they will  look past almost anything. Kinda like ericson signing with van dollar signs sometimes block reasoning. 

1 minute ago, combover said:

I don't think there's anything this managment group could do to make this club less inviting to coaching prospects.

low on skill, talent and top end prospects, a media mess, and rumours of bad ownership and unrealistic expectation from managment. 

Hence why green will most like be called apon  next season. Although guys want to be NHL coaches or stay NHL coaches I think they will  look past almost anything. Kinda like ericson signing with van dollar signs sometimes block reasoning. 

I think there's 31 jobs on the planet for NHL head coaches. Its a buyers market, as long as the coach can trust the GM to let him to his job. I don't think the media has one iota of influence on thee guys. 

8 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Yes to that.  I also would like to see Rodin with the twins.  I think he can be Vrbata 1st season esque with them.  He probably needs a 5-10 games to at least get up to speed.  It would suck if he got fed up and walked intothe Chicago lineup next summer and became the next panaarin.  Not saying he is that good, but he could be.  He was our best player in pre-season.

If his knee was better I'd like to see that, but Skille in over Loui is ridiculous. It really is. 

5 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Megna is not what caused the problems in that game. 

Do any of you watch how many open passes the twins pass up just so they can pass to each other, 99  times out of 100 leading to nothing. They are draining the life out of the team. Bo's line went AWOL. But all some of you can do is concentrate on a low paid AHL place filler.

It's so convenient to avoid criticising your favourites or even to ignore the fact we just don't have enough prime alternatives at present. For those harping on about giving more time to the 2nd PP, maybe you can see it's not as simple as that, they were cr-p too.

The Twins are in danger of tarnishing their legacy the more they play this "keep away" selfish game. They need to change. And please JB do not renew them, I am now at the stage I would rather lose every week than continue to watch their circus.

I think WD must now do something about the twins, rest them, split them up, anything but continue with the same boring perimeter BS they are serving up just now.

100% agree. Sedin show is tired slow and predictable. Problem is were pretty much stuck for another season watching the same tired slow Sedin show. They are not the future of this team they are the past. Splitting them up would disturb the chemistry on the other lines were building may as well just keep playing them with Megna and let the other lines develop. Plus Rodin isn't ready for prime time especially playing along side the Sedins drawing top competition. Hopefully his knee won't be a career ending injury and he can eventually draw in for us. For now I will remain very patient with Rodin and temper my expectations when he eventually slots in if at all this season.   

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

So, you'd really put Skille in over Loui with the twins? 

NO!!!!! I don't recall saying that, what I am saying is with our limited RH forwards, Burr and Skille are obviously better options than Megna.

Just not obvious to Willie.

It boggles my mind that we can go through all these important 4 point games recently and not make up any ground on teams yet Willie keeps his job

we have the roster

(excluding Megna) to make the playoffs we just need a coach that can actually coach. You know basic stuff like:

1) chose a competent starting lineup and lines that can have success 

2) make in game adjustments 

3) match lines

4) not take bench minors for too many players on the ice 

5) know when to lose it on the team and the refs (game management) 

For or those of you that feel this roster can not compete I suggest you look at Columbus roster player for player and compare them to our roster. You will see the one difference - coach competence 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

If his knee was better I'd like to see that, but Skille in over Loui is ridiculous. It really is. 

I think his knee is as good as it is going to be.  If you have ever had a serious injury, you would know that you feel incredibely tentative coming back.  He needs time to work that out.  The only way to really do that is by playing games.  This is a psychological not physiological thing at this point.  If he isn't medically cleared to play then that's another thing.  He isn't on the IR, so please play the man.  That being said his 2nd game was awesome despite the low minutes.  Look Rodin isn't going to cost the team games, but maybe just maybe he scores some goals and wins us some.  We are desperately bad at scoring.

4 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

NO!!!!! I don't recall saying that, what I am saying is with our limited RH forwards, Burr and Skille are obviously better options than Megna.

Just not obvious to Willie.

Ah ok. Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

Sure if we're desperate for a RH shot with the Sedins.

Burr's your best option and he's a lefty. But a RH shot isn't everything. Megna is even worse with Granny. 

Loui with the Sedin's probably gives us a legit chance at 2-3 actual scoring chances per night. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

I think there's 31 jobs on the planet for NHL head coaches. Its a buyers market, as long as the coach can trust the GM to let him to his job. I don't think the media has one iota of influence on thee guys. 

Yeah exaclty so I don't think benning sending megna down will have any effect on potential coaches.

Media does play a roll, I don't care who you are if you read your name in a negative light on a daily basis it takes a toll on you and family  and if media has no effect then why is it that whenever a Canadian team is in the market for a gm coach even high end player media scrutiny is always mentioned in the pre and post hire interviews. 

Some guys don't want to be front page news after every loss some can't handle it, and it's part of coaching in Canada. 

30 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

With Hansen out, only Canucks forwards with right-handed shots are Sutter, Burrows, Megna, and Skille.

Is Burrows or Skille better than Megna? Only 1 way to find out

Megna with 1st and 2nd line minutes and 2nd unit PP = 3 goals

Skille limited 4th line minutes = 4 goals

Burrows is a left shot that plays RW - same as Eriksson and Rodin.

2 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

I think his knee is as good as it is going to be.  If you have ever had a serious injury, you would know that you feel incredibely tentative coming back.  He needs time to work that out.  The only way to really do that is by playing games.  This is a psychological not physiological thing at this point.  If he isn't medically cleared to play then that's another thing.  He isn't on the IR, so please play the man.  That being said his 2nd game was awesome despite the low minutes.  Look Rodin isn't going to cost the team games, but maybe just maybe he scores some goals and wins us some.  We are desperately bad at scoring.

I agree, with the small amount we've seen from him he seems to have great hands. 

I dunno... I stopped trying to figure out Williue a couple of weeks ago and I'm happier. He's plug drunk. 

4 minutes ago, combover said:

Yeah exaclty so I don't think benning sending megna down will have any effect on potential coaches.

Media does play a roll, I don't care who you are if you read your name in a negative light on a daily basis it takes a toll on you and family  and if media has no effect then why is it that whenever a Canadian team is in the market for a gm coach even high end player media scrutiny is always mentioned in the pre and post hire interviews. 

Some guys don't want to be front page news after every loss some can't handle it, and it's part of coaching in Canada. 

Price of coaching in Canada, which is where the best ones want to be. These guys have skin thick as elephants, I really don't think it matters that much to them in the end. 

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Price of coaching in Canada, which is where the best ones want to be. These guys have skin thick as elephants, I really don't think it matters that much to them in the end. 

Totally agree with the ones that want to be in Canada, those are the same ones that will understand that the gm is in control of the roster and if he decides  to send a third or fourth line depth guy regardless of how much the coach loves him isn't going to care especially when that player isn't really getting results. If Jim decided to send megna down it's hardly meddling, now if he went to willie and said megna will play top 3 nightly that would be different. 

Archived