The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will be the first Canuck traded in 2017?

swizzey

Who will be the first Canuck traded in 2017?  

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, 10pavelbure96 said:

I'd hate to lose the honey badger but it makes sense to move him, we have already seen what holding on to aging assets creates.

Yes and trading Sbisa makes sense too.  Will JB make any moves to bring in young assets/picks though?  You would think a team that is in the hunt (Habs for example) would want Sbisa and Hansen.  Plus the Habs have the picks and young assets to make a move.  

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

Utica could sure use him. 

Yeah our AHL affiliate kind of has been ignored by this management team (often their roster is 'filled-out' with guys on PTOs).  Sure I don't want alot of 'hired guns' taking up spots that would better left to prospects - but it would've been nice to throw that team a bone.

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yeah our AHL affiliate kind of has been ignored by this management team (often their roster is 'filled-out' with guys on PTOs).  Sure I don't want alot of 'hired guns' taking up spots that would better left to prospects - but it would've been nice to throw that team a bone.

Players of AHL experience and quality cost money.  Maybe our owner is in a "tighten the belt" mode?

Burrows? Hansen? Maybe Sbisa? Nobody at all?

I don't see Burr going unless someone's offering good value for him though, I could easily see him riding out the season with us and signing on for another year.

Hansen I could see moved for expansion purposes, though I'd be loathe to part with him. You can always count on honey badger to work his butt off. I'm not sure we'd get full value for him either with him having missed so much time.

Sbisa would free up salary and could be appealing to a team needing someone to dangle for Vegas? He's played well this season too, he's not first year Vancouver Canuck Sbisa by any means.

The only thing surprising me in the survey results is people thinking Hansen is going to be moved. The guy is the best value in hockey, he's not going anywhere. 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if no one got moved. Maybe Burr if MTL has another F group injury. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

The only thing surprising me in the survey results is people thinking Hansen is going to be moved. The guy is the best value in hockey, he's not going anywhere. 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if no one got moved. Maybe Burr if MTL has another F group injury. 

Personally I'd rather JB trades no one than gives up a young guy like Hutton or more draft picks.

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Personally I'd rather JB trades no one than gives up a young guy like Hutton or more draft picks.

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Who's the fellah that owns this CDC-sh*thole? :^)

(best ending in movie history?)

Right up there.

"Well, sir, you are a cowardly son of a bitch. You just killed an unarmed man."

"He should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend."

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Right up there.

"Well, sir, you are a cowardly son of a bitch. You just killed an unarmed man."

"He should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend."

Willie (The Schofield Kid): Yea...well I guess they had it comin'.
Torts (William Munny): We all have it comin' kid.

22 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

To be fair, until we pilfered Stetcher, Megna and Chaput they were far better off.

We also haven't had the opportunity to get much of Benning's picks in Utica yet. They've largely gone straight to the NHL, college, Europe or are still in junior and not eliigible to play in the AHL. Next year should see an improvent in that regard. Tough year for the farm team though...a bit stuck in the middle.

Archived