The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will be the first Canuck traded in 2017?

swizzey

Who will be the first Canuck traded in 2017?  

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if no one got moved. Maybe Burr if MTL has another F group injury. 

People should probably lower their expectations and think about the reality of the market heading into an expansion draft.

26 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Willie (The Schofield Kid): Yea...well I guess they had it comin'.
Torts (William Munny): We all have it comin' kid.

It's a hell of a thing, ain't it, killin' a man. You take everything he's got... and everything he's ever gonna have...

Went with no trades, if this option doesn't include shuffling the deck with prospects, 4th liners, etc.

A defenseman might be traded because of expansion in order to upgrade on forward...Edler, Tanev, or Hutton, one of them will be part of the deal.

28 minutes ago, J.R. said:

To be fair, until we pilfered Stetcher, Megna and Chaput they were far better off.

We also haven't had the opportunity to get much of Benning's picks in Utica yet. They've largely gone straight to the NHL, college, Europe or are still in junior and not eliigible to play in the AHL. Next year should see an improvent in that regard. Tough year for the farm team though...a bit stuck in the middle.

They're ahead of the Marlies in the standings...that's all that matters...3 game win streak

48 minutes ago, oldnews said:

People should probably lower their expectations and think about the reality of the market heading into an expansion draft.

For me its more about the fact that no one really knows whats going to happen. It could end up being all-out stupidity or tumbleweeds. As much as I hate the idea of losing Sbisa or Granny or Baer, we're better off than many. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

For me its more about the fact that no one really knows whats going to happen. It could end up being all-out stupidity or tumbleweeds. As much as I hate the idea of losing Sbisa or Granny or Baer, we're better off than many. 

I still think we're looking more like Sbisa, Hansen or Gaunce.

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I think it will be Jannik Hansen.

I think JB will keep Hansen around for next year. Most likely move him next year if anything. 

Hansen's speed & skill set is a good fit for any line. Such a versatile player with such a great work ethic & professionalism. Something the younger core needs to feed off of...But who knows what the package coming back to us is? If the price is right than yah of course. My asking price would be very high for Hansen...

I'd rather see picks for Burrows, Miller, Dorsett & maybe a D but we would need a very good piece coming back for one of Edler or Tanev... (Duchesne?)...

Who do I expect to be traded?  Honestly, no one.

Who do I want to be traded? Miller, Megna, Subban, and one of Edler or Sbisa.   Miller - 3rd this year, conditional 3rd next year.  Megna - throw in, anywhere. Subban - 3rd round pick. Edler - low 1st to high 2nd, or low 2nd and good/very good prospect. Sbisa - low 2nd/high 3rd. Oh yeah, from another post...Hansen for low 1st to high 2nd + prospect; this year is the only year to trade him, as we need some clearance to protect at least one of Baer or Granlund.

Don't think any trades will be made..

However, think Hansen if any, as he has a nice price that most can fit in. Would hate to see him go though.

The kind of hockey we are trying to play, is right down Hansens alley, and he would be ablate lead the next generation.

Maybe Burrows could bring us a good pick/prospect....

Hope all on the list go expect for hutton sedins virtanen. 

I would like to see the sedins retire Canucks, and signing ericson looks even stupider if they are moved. 

Hutton and virtanen are the Canucks players of the future ....hopefully. (Not ready to give up yet a coaching and change should help) 

Expiring contracts/pending  ufas should be moved for some kind of return. 

Archived