The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Ben Hutton Out 3-6 Weeks

swizzey

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

Lol.  That's because you have no idea what you are talking about.  

The kid is a defensive disaster in the AHL. 

Why would he be better in the NHL?

That "defensive disaster" is -7 in 32 games with Utica (21 points in those 32 games)

by way of comparison Jake V is -4 in 26 games 

with 7 points in 36 games

Seems like you are the one that does not know what he is talking about. Get the facts next time 

by the way the Utica team in total is -21 so pretty good chance a defencemen that plays s on the team will have a high minus rating 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm wondering if .Subban needs to move on to another organization to get a chance?  All the injuries to our D, and he doesn't even get a sniff.

I sure hope not. I think with a new coach next season maybe even green, some of the guys that for whatever reason this coach refuses to use will get a legit shot for once. 

I feel the same way with both pedan and subban.

3 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

That "defensive disaster" is -7 in 32 games with Utica (21 points in those 32 games)

Seems like you are the one that does not know what he is talking about. Get the facts next time 

by the way the Utica team in total is -21 so pretty good chance a defencemen that plays s on the team will have a high minus rating 

Oh and by the way, Philip Larsen was -9 in 17 games .... and in idiot Willie's lineup 

Gud was -14 in 30 games 

and idiots out there chalk Subban up to be a defensive liability? 

45 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Oh and by the way, Philip Larsen was -9 in 17 games .... and in idiot Willie's lineup 

Gud was -14 in 30 games 

an idiots out there chalk Subban up to be a defensive liability? 

I'm not sure you understand the difference between leagues or teams....

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Gud was -14 in 30 games 

an idiots out there chalk Subban up to be a defensive liability? 

Lol if Subban was put in the position Gudbranson was he'd be a minus 50.

Subban is a midget who is horribly undersized for a defenseman and his defensive game is atrocious and that was judging him against far less talented players than NHL regulars.

A hard no to Subban unless they played him on the PP only and I highly doubt that'd happen.

Prefer to see one or all   of the following traded in this order.

Don't think our club really needs any of them going forward  to be honest.  

Most likely to be traded  would be  Hansen at the  TDL as he has the most to offer a club heading into playoffs. 

Burrows

Miller

Edler

Hansen

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Prefer to see one or all   of the following traded in this order.

Don't think our club really needs any of them going forward  to be honest.  

Most likely to be traded  would be  Hansen at the  TDL as he has the most to offer a club heading into playoffs. 

Burrows

Miller

Edler

Hansen

I completely agree other than Hansen.

sucks that Hutty isn't going to be in the lineup for the next month or so. this means that an opportunity for Pedan will be on the horizon. I read on The Hockey News magazine that Vegas will pick up Pedan. so before we expose him, I want to see how he does if he does get picked and of course that will only happen if another injury happens. wish Hutty to a speedy recovery though and continues where he left off next time he hits the ice!

3 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

I completely agree other than Hansen.

LIke hansen as a player . Done unreal for a 9th round pick...

Hansen is turning 31 yrs in March..  

We have more than enough senior citizens on this club.  Hansen will not be big part of new youth push in 2-3 years...

Trade him now when his value is high.....

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

We have more than enough senior citizens on this club.  Hansen will not be big part of new youth push in 2-3 years...

Agreed, but maybe both Hansen and Tanev should have been traded last summer?

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Yeah. A minus 7 with all those points.  

He cant out score his problems. 

You would think if he was NHL ready, and good defensively, with all those points, he would have a good +-  but he doesn't. 

Thanks for trying with stats, but they won't help you here. Lol

He is dynamic and fun to watch offensively.   I know that because I actually watch all the Utica games.

The kid is lost without the puck. 

He is easily pushed around.  

He gets caught out of position all the time. 

If he is going to play with Tanev, maybe his mistakes and unorthodox style can work.  But let's be honest here.  

The kid isn't NHL ready, let alone top 2 with Tanev. 

Why are people always suggesting bringing this kid up?

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yes I've already considered those points but he sure has a lot of speed for a senior citizen as you say lol and on a team that looks like they're all skating in quicksand most nights I don't think you want to trade your fastest player, a scorer when you can't score and a great pk guy and leader who young guys can watch what a great work ethic he has.

I'm not in favor of a Hansen trade to say the least unless it's for a younger Hansen who's maybe a bit bigger lol

9 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Yeah. A minus 7 with all those points.  

He cant out score his problems. 

You would think if he was NHL ready, and good defensively, with all those points, he would have a good +-  but he doesn't. 

Thanks for trying with stats, but they won't help you here. Lol

He is dynamic and fun to watch offensively.   I know that because I actually watch all the Utica games.

The kid is lost without the puck. 

He is easily pushed around.  

He gets caught out of position all the time. 

If he is going to play with Tanev, maybe his mistakes and unorthodox style can work.  But let's be honest here.  

The kid isn't NHL ready, let alone top 2 with Tanev. 

Why are people always suggesting bringing this kid up?

The point is -7 is not that bad given the amount he plays and the fact that Utica has been out scored by 21 goals this season 

he does bring offense, something we are sadly lacking 

Archived