The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Duchane to Ottawa

I am not a sens fan, so I don't know if this is something that they need, but just looking at their roster it seems like they need a legitimate 1st line centre.  Turris and Brassard are a little underwhelming as a 1/2 combo.  Ottawa needs more scoring.  Their defensive play has picked up, but they need more offensively to compete in the playoffs.  Ottawa could do well in the playoffs with a little more offensive punch.  With that in mind:

Ottawa trades - Thomas Chabot

Colorado trades - Matt Duchene

Colorado gets a young left shooting defenseman. Ottawa gets a 1st line centre with offensive upside.  Lets Brassard be a shutdown centre and Turris does not need to carry the offensive load.  

Is this close to fair value?  For those of you who follow Ottawa is this something they would do?  I think this makes them a way better team moving forward.   

1 hour ago, stuman491 said:

I am not a sens fan, so I don't know if this is something that they need, but just looking at their roster it seems like they need a legitimate 1st line centre.  Turris and Brassard are a little underwhelming as a 1/2 combo.  Ottawa needs more scoring.  Their defensive play has picked up, but they need more offensively to compete in the playoffs.  Ottawa could do well in the playoffs with a little more offensive punch.  With that in mind:

Ottawa trades - Thomas Chabot

Colorado trades - Matt Duchane

Colorado gets a young left shooting defenseman. Ottawa gets a 1st line centre with offensive upside.  Lets Brassard be a shutdown centre and Turris does not need to carry the offensive load.  

Is this close to fair value?  For those of you who follow Ottawa is this something they would do?  I think this makes them a way better team moving forward.   

Who is Duchane???

I mean dude. There's only one of them.

15 hours ago, hammertime said:

If were basing this off of WJC performances add Lazar to that!

Or Hodgson lol.  Success at world juniors doesn't always translate to success in the NHL.  While I agree Chabot was awesome at the WJC it doesn't mean he is going to be a legit NHL defensman.  Which is why I thought this would be a good trade.  Chabot's value is at an all time high.  He could turn out to be a top tier D man in which case COL does great on this trade.  Or he could not.  Duchene is a top tier center.  For whatever reason it hasn't worked out in COL.  This gives both teams what they want.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2017 at 2:49 PM, Xbox said:

Man, send some of that BC Kush my way.

Guess I was a little early on this trade, but here is an article written yesterday in the Ottawa Sun outlining what Duchene would cost.  The article specifically names Chabot and says the Sens would have to add a pick and roster player to that.  Guess I wasn't that far off in my value assessment. 

Senators Should Wait on Duchene Trade

Archived