The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UBER coming to Vancouver ?

kingofsurrey

Now, some cab drives (especially in the city) are absolute dinks, nobody is denying that, but do people really think Uber drivers will be any better?

People complain about getting a cab on special events, but will you be willing to pay $200 for an Uber from Granville back to the foothills of Burnaby Mountain on New Years Eve?

You complain about how bad some of the cab drivers drive, and you think your run of the mill unregulated Vancouver Uber driver will be any better?  Have you seen how the average person drives in this city?

I'm also curious to who is actually waiting hours for a cab?

I frequent downtown pretty often, and I honest to god don't think I've ever had to wait longer than 10/15 minutes.  It's literally as simple as flagging down a guy with his light on people...

In Coquitlam Bel-Air taxi has an app you can download and pre-book your cars.  They've shown up at the time I booked them at far more often than not.  I've experienced more misadventure trying to book cars on Uber.

In sum, Uber is just the same crap under a different name.

9 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

Now, some cab drives (especially in the city) are absolute dinks, nobody is denying that, but do people really think Uber drivers will be any better?

People complain about getting a cab on special events, but will you be willing to pay $200 for an Uber from Granville back to the foothills of Burnaby Mountain on New Years Eve?

You complain about how bad some of the cab drivers drive, and you think your run of the mill unregulated Vancouver Uber driver will be any better?  Have you seen how the average person drives in this city?

I'm also curious to who is actually waiting hours for a cab?

I frequent downtown pretty often, and I honest to god don't think I've ever had to wait longer than 10/15 minutes.  It's literally as simple as flagging down a guy with his light on people...

In Coquitlam Bel-Air taxi has an app you can download and pre-book your cars.  They've shown up at the time I booked them at far more often than not.  I've experienced more misadventure trying to book cars on Uber.

In sum, Uber is just the same crap under a different name.

Maybe it's just us out of towners. But my experiences with uber have been great. The waits seemed to be 2-10minutes at the most. I think it cost $16 to go from Anaheim to LA. $8 to go from beuno park to Disneyland. And everyone seemed pleasant. Vehicles were clean. 

The only time it could have been expensive was leaving the Honda centre to go to the hotel, but we walked to a cafe and had a coffee for about 30 mins and prices dropped by about 3/4.

But when we first got to the airport in Santa Ana we took a cab to our hotel, was 80 bucks American.... the same uber ride back was 21 bucks American. 

Archived