The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] OLLI JUOLEVI & Nikita Tryamkin

I hate that this is my first post of CDC however here on my thoughts on what it would take to make a trade happen with colorado.

To Vancouver:
Gabriel Landeskog
Matthew Duchene
Colorado 1st round pick

To Colorado:
Olli Juolevi
Nikita Tryamkin
Thatcher Demo
Vancouver 1st round pick

Why Vancouver would do this trade:

I don't think the Canucks would ever make this trade but If we are being honest, this is in the area of what it would take to get a trade done. To have the offensive guys in
Duchene and Landeskog (Future captain of Vancouver) would increase sales for management, people would be excited to see a their team score. The team also gets help up front for the future With colorado's 1st pick, hopefully top 4 would ad another offensive chip for Vancouver. Vancouver would be giving up a lot but getting a lot in return. 

Why colorado would do this trade:
They are in dyer need of defence and this years draft pool is not deep enough to get the top 2 pairing d-man. (imo) They will be stuck with an offensive guy.
Goaltending is going to become a bigger problem and Thatcher fixes that in a couple years. This might not be a trade that will immediately help colorado but its certainly a trade for the future and change the direction of the franchise for the better.

Why colorado would take these young d-men:

Olli Juolevi (18 years old)

Round 1 #5 Overall,  Projected Top 2 pairing
6'3"  183lbs

-High end playmaking abilities
-Big body (over 200lbs in prime)
-Uses his body to his advantage
-Great skating abilities
-Awesome puck handling
-Long reach
-Characteristics of a leader.

Future:
-Top 2 Pairing
-Top offensive d-man/Top shut down d-man
-Quarterback power play 
-Huge penalty killing abilities
-Future captain.

Olli is a star, a star now and a star till the end of his career.

Nikita Tryamkin
Round 3 #5 Overall,   Projected Top 4 pairing

-Huge shot
-Huge body
-Great puck handling skills
-Skating is improving dramatically
-Always a presence on the ice

Future:
-Top 3-4 Pairing (Maybe Top 2)
-Shut down 1st lines/ Top players
-Going to be penalty kill star
-Going to put up lots of point on power play

Nikita is going to be a star in this league, he reminds me of Chara. No body liked playing against Chara in his prime.

Thatcher Demo
Round 2 #36 Overall,    Projected Elite Goaltender

Thatcher Demko is an exceptionally athletic goaltender that can seem unbeatable on many occasions. His composure in net and modified butterfly style have scouts comparing him to Pekka Rinne of the Nashville Predators. He prepares himself well, positionally, for initial shots and the subsequent rebounds, and his cross-crease lateral movement is very good. As he tracks the puck, his stick always covers the five-hole and he makes himself big. One of the most noticeable aspects about Demko's style is that he doesn't go down prematurely; he isn't overly aggressive, but will get out to the top of the blue paint to challenge shooters with a clear shooting lane. Moving forward, Thatcher Demko will have every opportunity to develop into an elite franchise-type goaltender that can be relied upon in all situations.

Future Line up:

Landeskog-Duchene-Boeser
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson           Gaunce-Grandlund-Rodin
Gaunce-Zhukenov-Grenier

Hutton-Gudbranson
Edler-Tanev
Sbisa-Stecher

Markstrom
Garteig

With Colorado first round pick i would try to trade up for more picks and get a top 4 defensive/goaltending prospect. If the pick was top 3 I would not trade it. Sbisa position is interchangeable. 4th line can be changed however you'd like. I would hate to play our 3rd line that outrageous amount of money. Trading the line for Gaunce-Grandlund-Rodin  hopefully trading sedins for picks and most likely having to buy out Eriksson. If somehow Daniel, Henrik, Loui, Ryan Miller all come off our books, with hansen and borrows on expiring contracts between this year and next it would give the Canucks 32.5 million to resign any players. Im not a cap expert but that should be enough room. Swapping any players for draft picks if possible.

Thanks for reading.

Well, ballsy first post, welcome.  I appreciate where you are coming from, but in my opinion (for what its worth) I think this trade would sink Vancouver and push off a cup run about 4-5 years.  Benning hasn't made the perfect choices, but he has made it clear that he is building from the net out.  Demko is our next Bobby Lou, they are bringing him up right, giving him the time he needs in the AHL to develop into the goalie we need.  

As for Olli & Groot, that is potentially our top pairing of the future, and those guys don't grow on trees.  The combination of trading all 3 would actually cripple the limited amount of rebuilding we have done.  Yes we would get more competitive now, but I don't think we would be a cup contender with the addition of Landeskog and Duchene.  Yes we will score more, but we will get ventilated with the amount of goals getting scored against. 

Again, very brave post, and I appreciate your thought process, but I think you would be selling our future for some modest results today.

6 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

If Vancouver gives up their top d and goalie prospects for these forwards then wont they will look like Colorado does now?

The difference Between colorado and Vancouver is we have defensive players who are a lot better than and can actually compete at an NHL level.

5 minutes ago, Type R said:

Well, ballsy first post, welcome.  I appreciate where you are coming from, but in my opinion (for what its worth) I think this trade would sink Vancouver and push off a cup run about 4-5 years.  Benning hasn't made the perfect choices, but he has made it clear that he is building from the net out.  Demko is our next Bobby Lou, they are bringing him up right, giving him the time he needs in the AHL to develop into the goalie we need.  

As for Olli & Groot, that is potentially our top pairing of the future, and those guys don't grow on trees.  The combination of trading all 3 would actually cripple the limited amount of rebuilding we have done.  Yes we would get more competitive now, but I don't think we would be a cup contender with the addition of Landeskog and Duchene.  Yes we will score more, but we will get ventilated with the amount of goals getting scored against. 

Again, very brave post, and I appreciate your thought process, but I think you would be selling our future for some modest results today.

Like i said is the Begining of my post i don't think this would ever happen. I am a huge fan of tryamkin , i would not want him to play for another team. But realistically for the people that want duchene and landeskog this would be the only way colorado puts there stamp of approval on a deal

10 minutes ago, SliteriousBlackbeard said:

I hate that this is my first post of CDC however here on my thoughts on what it would take to make a trade happen with colorado.

To Vancouver:
Gabriel Landeskog
Matthew Duchene
Colorado 1st round pick

To Colorado:
Olli Juolevi
Nikita Tryamkin
Thatcher Demo
Vancouver 1st round pick

I don't think the Canucks would ever make this trade but If we are being honest, this is in the area of what it would take to get a trade done. To have the offensive guys in
Duchene and Landeskog (Future captain of Vancouver) would increase sales for management, people would be excited to see a their team score. The team also gets help up front for the future With colorado's 1st pick, hopefully top 4 would ad another offensive chip for Vancouver. Vancouver would be giving up a lot but getting a lot in return. 

They are in dyer need of defence and this years draft pool is not deep enough to get the top 2 pairing d-man. (imo) They will be stuck with an offensive guy.
Goaltending is going to become a bigger problem and Thatcher fixes that in a couple years. This might not be a trade that will immediately help colorado but its certainly a trade for the future and change the direction of the franchise for the better.

6'3"  183lbs

-Great skating abilities
-Awesome puck handling
-Long reach

Future:
-Top 2 Pairing
-Quarterback power play 
-Future captain.

Nikita Tryamkin

-Huge shot
-Huge body

Future:

Nikita is going to be a star in this league, he reminds me of Chara. No body liked playing against Chara in his prime.

Thatcher Demo

Thatcher Demko is an exceptionally athletic goaltender that can seem unbeatable on many occasions. His composure in net and modified butterfly style have scouts comparing him to Pekka Rinne of the Nashville Predators. He prepares himself well, positionally, for initial shots and the subsequent rebounds, and his cross-crease lateral movement is very good. As he tracks the puck, his stick always covers the five-hole and he makes himself big. One of the most noticeable aspects about Demko's style is that he doesn't go down prematurely; he isn't overly aggressive, but will get out to the top of the blue paint to challenge shooters with a clear shooting lane. Moving forward, Thatcher Demko will have every opportunity to develop into an elite franchise-type goaltender that can be relied upon in all situations.

Future Line up:

Landeskog-Duchene-Boeser
Gaunce-Zhukenov-Grenier

Hutton-Gudbranson
Edler-Tanev
Sbisa-Stecher

Markstrom
Garteig

With Colorado first round pick i would try to trade up for more picks and get a top 4 defensive/goaltending prospect. If the pick was top 3 I would not trade it. Sbisa position is interchangeable. 4th line can be changed however you'd like. I would hate to play our 3rd line that outrageous amount of money. Trading the line for Gaunce-Grandlund-Rodin  hopefully trading sedins for picks and most likely having to buy out Eriksson. If somehow Daniel, Henrik, Loui, Ryan Miller all come off our books, with hansen and borrows on expiring contracts between this year and next it would give the Canucks 32.5 million to resign any players. Im not a cap expert but that should be enough room. Swapping any players for draft picks if possible.

Thanks for reading.

Wow terrible deal. The Canucks should never give up on all these players. Tryamkin could end up being a #1 or #2 stud and 2 others like Demko and Joulevi are way too good to give away. Your kinda trading a potentially very good back end for a very good front end. I'll take the back end instead and the reason behind that is look at the Avs.......Great offence no defence means disaster and that where the Avs are.

Blackbeard...I like that you swing for the fences!  A huge proposal, fun to see.

With that said, Calvin Pickard is Colorado's goalie of the future, so Demko has far more value to us rather than them.

The other reason why this deal wouldn't happen, is that their first round pick will likely be first overall.  They will not give up that asset, as honestly it's worth more than all the assets in the trade.

31 minutes ago, underrated said:

The other reason why this deal wouldn't happen, is that their first round pick will likely be first overall.  They will not give up that asset, as honestly it's worth more than all the assets in the trade.

Talk about overvaluing this year's 1st overall. Juo would have challenged for the 1st overall had he been in this years draft class - the quality in this year's draft is a huge drop compared to last year and I bet any of last year's top 6 could have displaced Patrick in the 1st overall slot.

I still think the deal suggested by the OP is ridiculous, but only because it completely guts the Canucks future. 

59 minutes ago, SliteriousBlackbeard said:

To Vancouver:
Gabriel Landeskog
Matthew Duchene
Colorado 1st round pick

To Colorado:
Olli Juolevi
Nikita Tryamkin
Thatcher Demo
Vancouver 1st round pick

6'3"  183lbs

-Great skating abilities
-Awesome puck handling
-Long reach

Future:
-Top 2 Pairing
-Quarterback power play 
-Future captain.

Nikita Tryamkin

-Huge shot
-Huge body

Future:

Thatcher Demo

Future Line up:

Landeskog-Duchene-Boeser
Gaunce-Zhukenov-Grenier

Hutton-Gudbranson
Edler-Tanev
Sbisa-Stecher

Markstrom
Garteig

Thanks for reading.

We hate that this is yoir first post as well, do us a favour, don't 

56 minutes ago, SliteriousBlackbeard said:

1/ This is obviously Mike Gillis' alter-ego

2/ This is not 2008/09...the Sedin window is closed...move on.

3/ Trades like this are why we are where we are now.

Having said that, I have no problems trying to make a deal with Colorado..BUT it would have to involve pieces that are not already earmarked as our future going forward (ie/ no Demko, no Bo, no Olli, no Boeser etc). Pieces that COULD be moved as long as an equivalent comes back the other way could be Tanev, Hutton, possibly Virt, possibly our 2017RD1 or 2 etc. Maybe if Hansen could be moved or Edler but let's not give up one side without closing the gap (ie/ a trade proposal I made that involves Tanev, Hutton, Virt & CBJ 2nd going out MUST include a RHD - Barrie - and a Power Forward - Landeskog - coming back so that we don't rob Paul to pay Peter).

i'm gonna plus vote this one

only because it is the first proposal to the avs where i thought "ouch"

the value being sent to the avs really does hurt

i do think avs will not switch 1st round picks

but i think value is being offered that is in the ballpark

the problem is that avs might not need demko, and the canucks really do

but i really liked seeing a trade where i felt uncomfortable with what is cost our team

1 hour ago, SliteriousBlackbeard said:

The difference Between colorado and Vancouver is we have defensive players who are a lot better than and can actually compete at an NHL level.

Like i said is the Begining of my post i don't think this would ever happen. I am a huge fan of tryamkin , i would not want him to play for another team. But realistically for the people that want duchene and landeskog this would be the only way colorado puts there stamp of approval on a deal

Well, we WOULD then in 2 seasons we wouldn't, with Hansen/Burrows et al moving on and 0 D prospects to speak of and having to face Demko/Tryamkin/Juolevi/MacKinnon and Patrick or Hischier 4 + times a season for the next decade would hurt a bit

24 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Brave proposal. I'm surprised Stecher wasn't added.

Lol.

At the 2017 draft, Bettman announces a trade:

Vancouver trades, Vancouver Canucks to Colorado for, well, Colorado Avalanche. The two Stanley cups that are part of the Avs franchise will also be traded to Vancouver. Starting 2017-18, Colorado Avalanche will be playing their home games in Rogers Arena in Vancouver. Vancouver Canucks will be playing their home games in Pepsi center in Denver. Their team names however, will not change.

1 hour ago, Fateless said:

Talk about overvaluing this year's 1st overall. Juo would have challenged for the 1st overall had he been in this years draft class - the quality in this year's draft is a huge drop compared to last year and I bet any of last year's top 6 could have displaced Patrick in the 1st overall slot.

I still think the deal suggested by the OP is ridiculous, but only because it completely guts the Canucks future. 

So you're saying you wouldn't trade Juolevi for Nolan Patrick?  I'm pretty sure almost every one else would.  The Avs lose that deal.

If you take those two pieces out, then it's Demko, Tryamkin and a 1st for Duchene and Landeskog.  I really like all three of those assets of ours, but realistically that's the type of package Sakic is looking for in exchange for one of those guys, not both.  I'm not saying he'll get quite that much for one, but that's probably the starting asking price.  I don't think they'd do Tryamkin and a first for Landeskog, and I don't think they'd do Duchene for Demko.  They lose all around.

Archived