The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL website actually has a Canucks story

NorthernTorch

Just now, Where'd Luongo? said:

Funny as that is, I'm truly surprised that nobody offered the kid a PTO.

Not me.  Too slow and his skills were already deteriorating a few years into his career.  The one thing that rookies always comment on is the speed of an NHL game when they come into the league.  Cody couldn't keep up with everybody else and once the rest of his skill started heading south, his only real option was the AHL.  He ended up leaving the game rather than continue playing in the minor league.

7 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Not me.  Too slow and his skills were already deteriorating a few years into his career.  The one thing that rookies always comment on is the speed of an NHL game when they come into the league.  Cody couldn't keep up with everybody else and once the rest of his skill started heading south, his only real option was the AHL.  He ended up leaving the game rather than continue playing in the minor league.

Not surprising. He just doesn't have the ability to keep up with the demands of today's NHL. No amount of struggling in the AHL can fix that. Luckily for him he has banked enough of Pegula's money to live a pretty damn comfortable life.

11 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Really it's too bad though, he sure was talented as a kid. Who would have expected the kid who topped everyone including Tavares in that WJC would be out of the NHL before he is supposed to hit his prime. But hey, Schroeder even topped JVR in that tourney so there ya go!

1 minute ago, Toews said:

Not surprising. He just doesn't have the ability to keep up with the demands of today's NHL. No amount of struggling in the AHL can fix that. Luckily for him he has banked enough of Pegula's money to live a pretty damn comfortable life.

As did Ville Leino and Robyn Regehr. :lol:

Darcy Regier handed Pegula's cash out like it was candy.

1 minute ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Really it's too bad though, he sure was talented as a kid. Who would have expected the kid who topped everyone including Tavares in that WJC would be out of the NHL before he is supposed to hit his prime. But hey, Schroeder even topped JVR in that tourney so there ya go!

It was a good move that Gillis realized early what was going on, but unfortunately for him and the Canucks, he ended up trading him for another useless player.

18 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

yeah

good thing he and his family

were so accurate in assessing his talent and value

and so correct in bothering gillis about his playing time

and need to be bumped up from the 3rd line despite kesler and hank playing ahead of him

a real winner story

it all looks so good on him now

completely wasted career it seems

but at least he can be happy he got paid

in spite of his lack of character and production

it seems so silly now that some considered him captain material

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

As did Ville Leino and Robyn Regehr. :lol:

Darcy Regier handed Pegula's cash out like it was candy.

Regier was like a homeless guy who suddenly finds a wallet of $100 bills, the next day the same homeless guy is back to begging on the street. :lol:

12 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

My sarcasm detector is broken.  Tell me you are mostly joking.

Not joking. You are out of your mind if you think he was a bad GM. Conference Finals 3 times, Stanley Cup Finals once, no cup but honestly how many times have the Canucks made it to the Conference Finals in the past 15 years?

Let me tell you, the Canucks have only made it to or past the conference finals 3 times since they came into the league.

Plus we all know that Brett Hull goal was bull.

He also had to GM Buffalo through a bunch of tight wad owners for most of his tenure.

3 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

yeah

good thing he and his family

were so accurate in assessing his talent and value

and so correct in bothering gillis about his playing time

and need to be bumped up from the 3rd line despite kesler and hank playing ahead of him

a real winner story

it all looks so good on him now

completely wasted career it seems

but at least he can be happy he got paid

in spite of his lack of character and production

it seems so silly now that some considered him captain material

You respond in poem form every time! I'm lovin' it. B)

Archived