The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL website actually has a Canucks story

NorthernTorch

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well now, you have to! Hahaha. Hogdson looks almost regal in this picture, like he had found his true home.

Nah he was probably thinking about lunch. Never thought there was much between the ears with this one. 

38 minutes ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Had Benning picked Tkachuk instead of Juolevi, there would've been 2 articles.  Then again Willie probably would've benched Tkachuk or kept him on the 4th line.

Can't say that Juolevi is the wrong choice so early.....hasn't even played a single game yet.  He could be a better choice than Tkachuk we don't know yet.

45 minutes ago, Creepy Crawler said:

Had Benning picked Tkachuk instead of Juolevi, there would've been 2 articles.  Then again Willie probably would've benched Tkachuk or kept him on the 4th line.

I'm happy JB didn't draft Tkatpuk. Clearly something didn't click in the pre-draft interviews and he'd be hated around the league with that attitude as a Canuck, whereas in Calgary it will just be seen as truculence. 

Top pairing D is much harder to get, so we'll have to wait and see if thats what OJ really is but if he does develop into that we are better off. 

2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

yeah

good thing he and his family

were so accurate in assessing his talent and value

and so correct in bothering gillis about his playing time

and need to be bumped up from the 3rd line despite kesler and hank playing ahead of him

a real winner story

it all looks so good on him now

completely wasted career it seems

but at least he can be happy he got paid

in spite of his lack of character and production

it seems so silly now that some considered him captain material

::D:lol::lol:

What the heck do you know of what was going on?

An entire league/country graded him as their top player for his age group. I guess they were all wrong eh?

AV ridiculing him about his back injury as an excuse so the kid did more damage trying to play through it, even the Canuck medical people missed the severity of his injury. Ever had a f****d up back and try to play 4 times a week?

Rookie of the year comes only once in a players life, he got up to 4th playing LESS than half the ice time of the rookies in front of him, do you know how much getting the rookie of the year paid in bonuses? Don't you think that just maybe, maybe he had a shot if he played even 2 minutes more per game, 10+ min instead of 8+? Or the rarified air of the 18 min some of the other rookies were getting?

Have you looked into any of the stories relating to his injury, that AV and the Nucks didn't help.

I think it is sad, SAD that a young guy like him ends up quitting because of a severe back injury, but hey go right ahead and cheer that he is scr3wed for the rest of his life, good on you!

4 hours ago, Canuck_Fan_52 said:

Nice story on Bo.  Looks like we have an indication as to who will Captain this team once Henrik retires.  Good move by management when it came to trading Schneider for the number 9 pick. 

I want to see Hank hand Bo the C at the start of next season.  This is the right thing to do.

5 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Bo has usurped the Sedins long ago like since the beginning of this season. He has been a leader for the team and I believe the kid is only going to get better. I won't be surprised if he hits 55-60 points. you deserve the recognition, Bo!

Honestly I'm excited to see what he can do with another off season to train. His skating got crazy good. 

16 hours ago, Xbox said:

I never understood why the 8th most valuable franchise in hockey doesn't get more coverage than it does. Really is a head scratcher because you'd think the NHL would be ecstatic about all 10 of it's top 10 franchises.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Canucks, but with our attendance and merchandise sales dropping like a rock there is no way we're 8th most valuable.

You're right, the league doesn't care about Canada except the original six.

20 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Can't say that Juolevi is the wrong choice so early.....hasn't even played a single game yet.  He could be a better choice than Tkachuk we don't know yet.

I didn't say that, there was an article on Tkachuk the other day so I was saying there would've been 2 articles about the Canucks.

12 hours ago, Mattrek said:

Don't get me wrong, I love the Canucks, but with our attendance and merchandise sales dropping like a rock there is no way we're 8th most valuable.

I'd also add in Edmonton to that.

Plus the Cali teams.

On 1/20/2017 at 5:50 AM, Mattrek said:

I'd also add in Edmonton to that.

On 19/01/2017 at 10:24 AM, Creepy Crawler said:

Yeah it's so rare to see them even meniton the Canucks on that site.

On their daily and recently the have done three stories on H.Sedin and they always do a blurb whenever the Canucks play like all the teams. Other than that all I can recall is a bit on the Ericsson trade and a Bure story which mentioned that he was likely the best skater ever combining his acceleration and break neck agility.   And yet there are weekly stories on some Leaf.   I agree that we dont get much coverage.

Archived