The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall D Jordan Subban, reassign D Andrey Pedan

b3.

2 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

And how exactly do you expect the Ice Time to work out with these pairings? Edler plays 27 min a night. Tanev and Sbisa also play quite a bit. How much do you expect Subban, 'whoever' and Tryamkin to play? Can't play Subban with Stecher's Ice Time. He isn't ready for that yet.

Very similar to how Stecher has been playing limited minutes so far.

Put Subban out there on the 1st PP, ideally with another defenceman for backup.

Then play him on a rotation with Edler, 2 out of every 3 shifts with Eddy. On the 3rd, let Tanev play with Edler. Obviously D-zone starts let Edler and Tanev pair off but offensive starts, get Subban out there. 

The defensive pairings have been a mismatch and haven't stayed together for an entire game in a long time but I think if we shelter Subban from prime defensive matchups and only use him in ideal situations we'll be able to ease him in.

No point playing him on a 3rd pairing with Tryamkin (which will probably happen) - the kid needs a good mentor. Sbisa or Edler ideally as a partner. Let him rack up PP minutes and limit his even strenght minutes, especially in the D-zone.

1 hour ago, darkpoet said:

He did! lol

Nobody remembers this? 
You can't all be that young...

It was 2009 vs Chicago, and yes, the following year Duncan Keith hailed a slap shot right into his nuts. Salo was taken to emergency because they suspected a "ruptured testicle"....   

"no such thing as injury prone"

Remember everyone, I'm not the one who mentioned it was "bad luck" and hence, SUPERSTITIOUS , LMAO

Saying their is no such thing as injury prone is the same thing as saying that Sami Salo never existed.

2 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

That was EPIC...I so remember that. 

Whatever became of that?

Right. It was the Sun, not the Province as I stated earlier.

What became of it was a total shytstorm. 

Somebody left the gumshoe a 5th of rye that night

3 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

That was EPIC...I so remember that. 

Whatever became of that?

nothing XD the province ran with the same thing LOL

Subban has been diplomatic, telling The Province that the mistake was "just unfortunate" and that he's not worried about it.

"If people should be talking about something, it should be the way I played last night rather than that," he said. "I don’t think there were any bad intentions. It is what it is and I've moved on and I’m sure everyone else will, too.”

whether he plays a shift or not, it's sink or swim

@Twilight Sparkle beat me to it.

Both papers ran the caption in their online editions: 

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/newspapers-apologize-for-referring-to-canuck-as-dark-guy-1.2022078

The caption originated from Steve Bosch, longtime PNG photographer, who had included the "dark guy in the middle" descriptor with the image.

The explanation was that the caption was intended for internal use only (to "help a staff member identify Subban" in the photo) and wasn't meant to have been published. 

Pretty weak excuse and kind of misses the point. Identifying Subban as "the dark guy" was the main issue here. The paper saying that the intent was to only use the caption internally doesn't make it any better. Almost makes it worse.

10 hours ago, Frail Granny said:

I have to wonder about the true motives of the anti-Subban crowd. I've never seen so much love-hate for a Canucks prospect.

When are people going to realise IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TEAM.

We have pages and pages about Rodin (despite being injured in his first game back) Boucher who although it is too early to judge him has little in his past to justify such a fuss and now Subban, a D who is so flawed when it comes to defending we may as well play him in the forwards, we might get a better result. 

While Rodin is certainly a class player and I was looking forward to watching him play, the other 2 are makeweights/place holders and don't come near to justifying the attacks on the coach and management who are actually focussed on getting into the playoffs not throwing the dice on these guys and probably ruining team and line chemistry.

Do people not realise how long it took to get this team playing competitively? Now that we are up and running there is no way I want to see these guys get into this team unless there are injuries.

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

One more game up would have made Pedan waiver eligible...  Sounds like management is protecting Andrey at this point. I too hope he stays strong mentally,. at least he got to get in the money for his time here.

Willie should have played him.

Can only hope Subban gets a look , seems like all we fans do is keep our fingers crossed in the hopes of seeing prospects getting a fair rotation, with what is supposed to be time of rebuild.

We all know the team is in need of more change and youth.  The way they play, one of the most enjoyable aspects of watching a game is to see the kids who will or may be part of the future.  

I hope to at least see what Subban looks like in a game as much as I would have liked to see Pedan in against some of the bigger teams that beat us up physically. 

7 hours ago, alfstonker said:

When are people going to realise IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TEAM.

We have pages and pages about Rodin (despite being injured in his first game back) Boucher who although it is too early to judge him has little in his past to justify such a fuss and now Subban, a D who is so flawed when it comes to defending we may as well play him in the forwards, we might get a better result. 

While Rodin is certainly a class player and I was looking forward to watching him play, the other 2 are makeweights/place holders and don't come near to justifying the attacks on the coach and management who are actually focussed on getting into the playoffs not throwing the dice on these guys and probably ruining team and line chemistry.

Do people not realise how long it took to get this team playing competitively? Now that we are up and running there is no way I want to see these guys get into this team unless there are injuries.

Says Willie's mom

lets see...So Weber and Bart were first class defencemen in Willie's warped my mind?  And Megna is an NHL top six guy ..  or an NHLer st all? 

As for "up and running" Miller and Marky can't save our butt night after night to compensate for Willie's awful special teams and poor attempt at a trap system as we get outshot night after night and are in the bottom third of the league in shots on goal against 

we have won DESPITE Willie and not because of him 

39 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Says Willie's mom

lets see...So Weber and Bart were first class defencemen in Willie's warped my mind?  And Megna is an NHL top six guy ..  or an NHLer st all? 

As for "up and running" Miller and Marky can't save our butt night after night to compensate for Willie's awful special teams and poor attempt at a trap system as we get outshot night after night and are in the bottom third of the league in shots on goal against 

Exactly.  Willie insists on playing guys who have proven that they are complete trash.  When management has to step in because the coach is too stupid to even set the lineup, there's a problem.

52 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Says Willie's mom

Winner winner 

I'm not a Willie fan. I see the odd good line-up move but often I'm left shaking my head. The power play or lack of one for instance. I also don't like how he utilizes call-ups from the AHL. I would like to see him get them in the line-up a little more often. Subban deserves a shot based on his AHL play. Given the spate of injuries to our D it might make sense to give a starter a break here and there.

However, I'm guessing Subban is just going to have free seats to watch.

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Says Willie's mom

Weber is playing for Nashville and Bart is back with Boston's affiliate what's you point. They often played well for us. sounds like Willies mom could educate you when it comes to hockey.

The rest of your post is your usual immature rubbish.

9 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Weber is playing for Nashville and Bart is back with Boston's affiliate what's you point. They often played well for us. sounds like Willies mom could educate you when it comes to hockey.

The fact that you still support us playing Weber and Bart basically sums up your hockey knowledge credibility 

its interesting you consider our shots against as "rubbish" 

I am officially banning you from any further posts until you enroll yourself in a hockey 101 course 

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

The fact that you still support us playing Weber and Bart basically sums up your hockey knowledge credibility 

its interesting you consider our shots against as "rubbish" 

I am officially banning you from any further posts until you enroll yourself in a hockey 101 course 

While you're at it you could do us all a favor and ban yourself as well. The world would be a better place.

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

When we were in a playoff chase, sure.  I agree play your best line up.

But why continue to play those two players, you know are going to be gone in the summer, after canucks were officially eliminated.  Most teams use that time to get AHL players NHL experince and get a head start on next years training camp.

Archived