The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall D Jordan Subban, reassign D Andrey Pedan

b3.

I could easily see Subban being moved. I always found it weird he doesn't pop up in trade proposals before Edler or Tanev. Edler having a NMC and Tanev being a player Benning has said is a "big piece moving forward". Obviously Subban doesn't net as much but our D is what's going to keep up competitive while we build up our forwards. Trading either of our top 2 is not likely.

I can't see him getting ice time as WD has trust issues with forwards he feels are a defensive liability, let alone defenceman who are a defensive liability lol.

Barring injury or illness. I think this is the only look at Subban WD wants...

IceHockey-How-to-Discipline-Players-199x300.jpg

Really elated to hear that Subban has been called up. He deserved the call up and he was putting up points for Utica. he has a few issues on D but he is doing nothing but improving in his own end. he's probably going to replace Stecher since he looked under the weather last game and should get some time off. hope that Willie puts him in the lineup!

26 minutes ago, Type R said:

This is going to break CDC

Not likely but sending Pedan down without having played a game despite injuries and illness, could likely break him.  It certainly does not bode well for his future.

If he is sooo bad that WD couldn't use him for one game while he was up, it is highly unlikely he gets another chance as long as WD is here.

He will at least get to practice with the NHL team. Willie likes guys who take practice seriously. Lets hope Subban practices hard. If Willie was smart he would take a long look at the kid on the PP. In practice of coarse!

More then likely a bench warmer.

12 minutes ago, bohoforpresident said:

I could easily see Subban being moved. I always found it weird he doesn't pop up in trade proposals before Edler or Tanev. Edler having a NMC and Tanev being a player Benning has said is a "big piece moving forward". Obviously Subban doesn't net as much but our D is what's going to keep up competitive while we build up our forwards. Trading either of our top 2 is not likely.

I can't see him getting ice time as WD has trust issues with forwards he feels are a defensive liability, let alone defenceman who are a defensive liability lol.

Barring injury or illness. I think this is the only look at Subban WD wants...

IceHockey-How-to-Discipline-Players-199x300.jpg

WD let Weber and Larsen play like complete trash in their own zone with zero consequences.  He has no issues with dressing defensemen who are huge liabilities defensively.

35 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Pedan had to be sent back today because he would have lost his waiver eligibility tomorrow!

That's what I was thinking. Good chance we don't see Pedan again this year unless we trade a dman. We can't afford to play Russian Roulette with him again:rolleyes:

I wasn't aware of the eligibility issue with Pedan. That/s too bad.

Part of me was wondering whether someone thought they had to pay lip service because Subban is going to the AHL  all Star Game.

I hope he at least gets in a game.

Archived