The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall D Jordan Subban, reassign D Andrey Pedan

b3.

41 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Good for Subban, finally!

Pedan had to be sent back today because he would have lost his waiver eligibility tomorrow!

Great read on Pedans waiver rules here

http://canucksarmy.com/2017/1/19/fun-with-the-cba-andrey-pedan-s-waivers-are-expiring?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Thanks for the post.  Is it just me or are the rules on this insanely complicated?  GCG!

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is this a prelude to JB trading one of our defencemen?

I hope not.  Haven't you noticed that we pretty much need every one of them?  Even with all our new depth we are still having to play a lot of AHL level defencemen.  Sure, we need a scoring winger too but I don't think that it should come at the expense of our starting D.  Jim will figure it out.  GCG!

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

Makes sense.  Subban is much smaller and takes up way less space on the bench than Pedan. More room for the other players, quicker changes etc...

Him and stetcher can share bunk beds and save money on accommodations. 

The only likely interesting thing about this is Bennings comments over the past few weeks about moving a D.

There could be serious ongoing discussions that are reaching a head (doesn't mean they will actually happen)... and he doesn't want to get caught short a D if someone gets shipped out on short notice in the coming days.

He may actually get into the lineup. If that wasn't the intention, why replace Pedan with him? (unless they just want Pedan to get some playing time again?), I could see this being a move to try and help the PP. Especially if Stecher can't go next game.

Would be exciting to see what he could do running an NHL PP.

This is one move that does not hurt nor help Utica.   Pedan has been an enigma since day one  - such potenital with such size but so many mental lapses; and Subban is a defensive liability game in and game out.  Neither has been one of Utica's top defenders.  Robak's been the leader, Sheilds has been a rock, but neither are prospects.    The guy leaping forward is Evan McEnaney.  The way he has progressed of late, he could be in the fold at some point.   I like Subban and Pedan as people(good guys), and love them as players when they perform well, but it's sad that you can take either one from us - possibly both  - and it really doesn't effect our team.

Archived