The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall D Jordan Subban, reassign D Andrey Pedan

b3.

The hypocrisy stinks on here.

When we lose these boards are chock a block  with people savaging the coach. And yet here we have this young guy who according to his own coach in Utica, seems to be able to do everything but defend - well he's only a D after all.

If he does get a shot and looks as ropey as some people in Utica seem to think, of course Willie will be forced to keep him off the ice. In effect we could be playing a man short. If this contributes to a defeat, then according to the usual suspects, it will be the coach to blame.

The point I'm make is do these whiners really care if we win, probably not as long as they have a stick to beat the coach with.

3 hours ago, jmahyoung said:

Stoked to see him play if he makes the lineup.

Also Boucher; always good to get at look at the young guns.

Yeh, I mean, who wants to win anyway. Another step nearer the wrong end of the table and another chance for the idiots to savage the coach. What's not to like?

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

People over at HFboards have minds?

Working on a hypothesis, whereby sneaky, envious, petty fans of unnamed, rival clubs POSE as Nucker-Faithfull, over at HFB..thereby staining our lily-white reputations(Lord knows!) with their hyperbolic-vitriol & tawdry, lame, implicating-rhetoric.

It's a FAKE NEWS hockey site! The investigation has begun...

4 hours ago, nux_win said:

I hope not.  Haven't you noticed that we pretty much need every one of them?  Even with all our new depth we are still having to play a lot of AHL level defencemen.  Sure, we need a scoring winger too but I don't think that it should come at the expense of our starting D.  Jim will figure it out.  GCG!

Need every one?  Yeah a case can easily be made that we have always needed a few spare bodies.  Even Benning has noted that, play in the West with travel even being part, that we seem to need 10 or 11, even 12 guys during a season?

But maybe, just maybe, they have been rotating a lot of the depth guys so they could shelter and develop a guy like Subban?

And in a different line of thinking; maybe we have also needed a few extra guys because some are simply too injury prone? Add to it, with discussion of a D trade, maybe we can trade an injury prone guy to just bring up a guy who stays in the line up??

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

:lol:

There is an undertone here perfectly aligned with your name Dark Poet!

You should be in clubs... 

hey now.... careful. somebody at the Province got in trouble for that once.....

I did at least make an effort to colour his fingers properly!

I know the common response to Subban playing in Vancouver is "we've got Stecher now", and I totally get that. Inexperienced, undersized, right-handed offensive defensemen probably shouldn't take up two roster spots... but I had a vision just now....

What about Subban AND Stecher on the PP?
We'll get some goldang shots on net, that's for sure.

Troy is smooth as silk with the puck, and likes to shoot. But hell, I think Jordan actually has a better release. Let Troy feed Subban for the onetimer.

1 minute ago, nergish said:

I know the common response to Subban playing in Vancouver is "we've got Stecher now", and I totally get that. Inexperienced, undersized, right-handed offensive defensemen probably shouldn't take up two roster spots... but I had a vision just now....

What about Subban AND Stecher on the PP?
We'll get some goldang shots on net, that's for sure.

Troy is smooth as silk with the puck, and likes to shoot. But hell, I think Jordan actually has a better release. Let Troy feed Subban for the onetimer.

And they'd be the absolute cutest duo, that's for sure.  Those two are cheek pinchin' cute.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And they'd be the absolute cutest duo, that's for sure.  Those two are cheek pinchin' cute.

Lol true.
Stecher looks like he's 17. But man can that kid handle the puck.

Either way, our PP could use a bit of this. 

Archived