The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall D Jordan Subban, reassign D Andrey Pedan

b3.

1 hour ago, garthsbutcher said:

Subban will never be Stecher. Stecher learned to play D in College, Subban is making small strides( according to green) but he's getting passed by other prospects. I think he might bring a return in a package deal for those teams who are looking to re-stock the farm.

Have you ever watched a Comets game

Simple replace Stecher with Subban? Let the kid sit and heal up properly. People thought it was crazy when the rookie Stecher starts on our top pairing and 1st unit PP, why can't Subban? We've seen far more of Subban than we had seen from Stecher.

Give the kid a shot.

Edler - Subban

whoever - Tanev

Sbisa - Tryamkin (he looked good on the right side)

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Simple replace Stecher with Subban? Let the kid sit and heal up properly. People thought it was crazy when the rookie Stecher starts on our top pairing and 1st unit PP, why can't Subban? We've seen far more of Subban than we had seen from Stecher.

Give the kid a shot.

Edler - Subban

whoever - Tanev

And how exactly do you expect the Ice Time to work out with these pairings? Edler plays 27 min a night. Tanev and Sbisa also play quite a bit. How much do you expect Subban, 'whoever' and Tryamkin to play? Can't play Subban with Stecher's Ice Time. He isn't ready for that yet.

8 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Depends on which part you're wanting the growth to appear... :ph34r:

In all seriousness, my height increased by about 2" between the ages of 22 and 24.  Now, I'm not a professional athlete or anything of that sort, but I was a bit surprised at the late jump.

lol no you didn't, why would you lie about that?

1 hour ago, bohoforpresident said:

Oh no. That's not how you spell any of those words. The legend of darkpoets idiocy is true!

I had to research twitter, facebook, and go into text messages from ex girlfriends in order to compile that perfect composite of exxxtreme stoopidedniss...

give a guy a break man!

5 hours ago, alfstonker said:

The hypocrisy stinks on here.

When we lose these boards are chock a block  with people savaging the coach. And yet here we have this young guy who according to his own coach in Utica, seems to be able to do everything but defend - well he's only a D after all.

If he does get a shot and looks as ropey as some people in Utica seem to think, of course Willie will be forced to keep him off the ice. In effect we could be playing a man short. If this contributes to a defeat, then according to the usual suspects, it will be the coach to blame.

The point I'm make is do these whiners really care if we win, probably not as long as they have a stick to beat the coach with.

wow the pre defend of WD before anyone even says anything. willie's mom has reached a new low

1 hour ago, bohoforpresident said:

"Blows out his ass muscle" - darkpoet

He did! lol

Nobody remembers this? 
You can't all be that young...

It was 2009 vs Chicago, and yes, the following year Duncan Keith hailed a slap shot right into his nuts. Salo was taken to emergency because they suspected a "ruptured testicle"....   

"no such thing as injury prone"

Remember everyone, I'm not the one who mentioned it was "bad luck" and hence, SUPERSTITIOUS , LMAO

1 minute ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

if you want to win we need to get rid of the moustached fool who is too god damn stupid to see how brutal our PP is nd the obvious need to try something else

Trevor and Jim don't have mustaches though?

One year ago Willie gave Weber Norris Trophy minutes on D along with powerplay duties. Weber was, and still is, a pylon that could not hit the net if it was one foot in front of him. 

willie also played Bart, another useless pylon.

Both Weber and Bart were huge defensive liabilities with zero offensive upside

now all of a Sudden we are worried about giving Subban a shot? Biega will get the expansion minimum games in so there is zero harm in sitting him out a couple games

2 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

TL and JB aren't the ones behind the bench sending the players out. you must have a mustache.

WD actually inferred in a recent interview that management wanted him to play both Boucher and Rodin. He didn't. Well, that was last week and after some pretty extensive pressure he did insert Boucher in for limited minutes in one game.

Make what you will of that.

WD is doing what he needs to do to keep his job as an NHL coach. I get that. 

Publicly alluding to that fact that you're defying your management (you know, your BOSS) is probably not good for your long term employment though methinks.

There's a power struggle going on here and everybody should see it by now.

Linden didn't help things when he said " oh I don't now how I can walk into that room and ask the Sedins if they'd want to go play somewhere else and possibly win a championship"

SERIOUSLY?

You're the $%#@%ing PRESIDENT OF THE CLUB!

You don't need to be an a-hole, but approaching them respectfully and throwing down offers made by allegedly TWO teams willing to take them both at FULL CAP HIT.... you have to do that. If not, you're a servant, not a president. 

But hey.... I have a mustache so.... never mind... lol

4 hours ago, nux_win said:

There's no such thing as being "injury prone".  That's one of those urban myths.  Indeed an athlete can have underlying physical abnormalities that can leave him more prone to certain kinds of injuries (even pro athletes aren't perfect physical specimens).  However those can and should be tested for and discovered by the medical staff (and in most cases that is true).  Certain players have a more reckless playing style and that can set them up for injuries but that can be seen through their play.  The rest is just blind luck.  To say that some people are consistently unlucky (which many people do) only reveals a lack of understanding of statistics.  Saying that someone is "injury prone" as if they have some kind of evil curse on them is too superstitious for me to take seriously.  For the record I have a degree in Kinesiology.  GCG!

There is no urban myth.

And if the record was important, which it's not, in this case, I also have some background. Some peoples anatomy is more prone to certain injuries.  Ask anyone with an instep. Soft tissue injuries commonly re-occur. Once you have rolled your ankle. You probably will do it semi-occasionally for the rest of your life. A ligament can never quite heal like a bone can. You may, or may not, ever recover from a sports hernia? Or surgically torn groin muscle. Why did it occur in the first place? Commonly how people train, lack of training, or over training routinely impacts ongoing risk of injury. Because some guys just don't pay attention. And the same guys keep getting the same stupid injuries. Ask David Booth how many times he injured his groin? Or why...  People's game style, blocking shots being a completely different obvious example, lends to guys like Edler having had more than one broken leg. A broken hand. A broken foot. Tanev routinely gets smashed on the boards recovering pucks. And he's only 185 lbs. Him and Edler can now probably qualify as injury prone? Edler has never been the same since back surgery. Dorsett is not likely to be. A different player can never replace surgically replaced cartilage. That joint will have more wear and tear for the rest of its life. Concussions, funny enough, seem to both happen to the same guys?  And happen to the same guys... For reasons both related to whether they were ever truly healed enough? To again game style. Getting more knocks.

My opinion is yours is a misguided post.

10 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Not likely but sending Pedan down without having played a game despite injuries and illness, could likely break him.  It certainly does not bode well for his future.

If he is sooo bad that WD couldn't use him for one game while he was up, it is highly unlikely he gets another chance as long as WD is here.

One more game up would have made Pedan waiver eligible...  Sounds like management is protecting Andrey at this point. I too hope he stays strong mentally,. at least he got to get in the money for his time here.

Willie should have played him.

Can only hope Subban gets a look , seems like all we fans do is keep our fingers crossed in the hopes of seeing prospects getting a fair rotation, with what is supposed to be time of rebuild.

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Give the kid a shot.

Edler - Subban

whoever - Tanev

i would probably go with no name over whoever.  No name has a better corsi

Archived