The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Acquiring picks at the deadline

to pit: hansen

to van: conditional 2nd pick 2017 (turns into a 2nd rounder next year if hansen is claimed in the expansion draft)

canucks get to protect granlund and baertschi in the expansion draft and manage their assets by trading hansen for a 2nd rounder. pit acquires more speed and depth and hansen fits their style perfectly 

to la: miller (50% retained)

to van: 2nd pick 2017

la needs a goalie just in case quick has more injury problems or has a hard time finding his groove when he comes back. canucks get a mid/late 2nd rounder 

to mtl: burrows

to van: deshairnais, 3rd pick 2017

mtl adds some grit and winger depth. deshairnais is hated by habs fans and wont be returning next year. his 3.5m cap hit traded in order for them to afford burrows

to dal: sbisa

to van: conditional 2nd pick 2017, (turns into a 2nd rounder next year if sbisa is claimed in the expansion draft)

dal is suffering on d and in goal. sbisa will help add some nhl quality to their D for this season and next and replace oduya who is a UFA this summer. van acquires 2nd pick and 3.6m in cap space for a player we were possibly gonna lose for nothing in the expansion draft.

constructive criticism is encouraged. help me refine these proposals

yes, im team tank. i am all about drafting and acquiring younger players. the canucks could possibly have 7 picks in the first 3 rounds or 5 this year and 5 next year

canucks protect 

sedin

sedin

eriksson

horvat

sutter

granlund

baertschi

gudbarson

edler

tanev

markstrom 

exposing gaunce, biega and dorsett. vegas will not want dorsett after his neck surgery so we'll probably lose gaunce who is a bottom 6 forward/4th liner. not a huge loss

hopefully the canucks can sign horvat (8yrs/5.5m), boeser (2yrs,1.1m), gudbranson (3yrs, 4m) and tryamkin (2yrs, 2.5m)

the canucks will have roughly 10m to find 2 forwards and a back up goalie. 

i am hoping the canucks can add some bottom 6 size from the UFA market. king and peluso fit the bill. both are beasts 

sedin-sedin-eriksson

baertschi-horvat-boeser

xxxxxx-sutter-virtanen

xxxxxx-granlund-dorsett

boucher

edler-stetcher

hutton-gudbranson

tryamkin-tanev

pedan-biega

markstrom

xxxxxx

6 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

The only one that makes sense to me is Hansen to the Penguins. All the other teams would probably hang up on the other offers. 

But damn, Hansen on the Penguins? That's some scary good forward depth. 

Yea Hansen would put them over the top IMO. If we're trading Burrows I only want a pick in return, don't see the point of taking Desharnais back. Rest of it looks good. 

11 hours ago, billabong said:

to van: conditional 2nd pick 2017 (turns into a 2nd rounder next year if hansen is claimed in the expansion draft)

canucks get to protect granlund and baertschi in the expansion draft and manage their assets by trading hansen for a 2nd rounder. pit acquires more speed and depth and hansen fits their style perfectly 

to la: miller (50% retained)

to van: 2nd pick 2017

la needs a goalie just in case quick has more injury problems or has a hard time finding his groove when he comes back. canucks get a mid/late 2nd rounder 

to mtl: burrows

to van: deshairnais, 3rd pick 2017

mtl adds some grit and winger depth. deshairnais is hated by habs fans and wont be returning next year. his 3.5m cap hit traded in order for them to afford burrows

to dal: sbisa

to van: conditional 2nd pick 2017, (turns into a 2nd rounder next year if sbisa is claimed in the expansion draft)

dal is suffering on d and in goal. sbisa will help add some nhl quality to their D for this season and next and replace oduya who is a UFA this summer. van acquires 2nd pick and 3.6m in cap space for a player we were possibly gonna lose for nothing in the expansion draft.

constructive criticism is encouraged. help me refine these proposals

yes, im team tank. i am all about drafting and acquiring younger players. the canucks could possibly have 7 picks in the first 3 rounds or 5 this year and 5 next year

canucks protect 

sedin

sedin

eriksson

horvat

sutter

granlund

baertschi

gudbarson

edler

tanev

markstrom 

exposing gaunce, biega and dorsett. vegas will not want dorsett after his neck surgery so we'll probably lose gaunce who is a bottom 6 forward/4th liner. not a huge loss

hopefully the canucks can sign horvat (8yrs/5.5m), boeser (2yrs,1.1m), gudbranson (3yrs, 4m) and tryamkin (2yrs, 2.5m)

the canucks will have roughly 10m to find 2 forwards and a back up goalie. 

i am hoping the canucks can add some bottom 6 size from the UFA market. king and peluso fit the bill. both are beasts 

sedin-sedin-eriksson

baertschi-horvat-boeser

xxxxxx-sutter-virtanen

xxxxxx-granlund-dorsett

boucher

edler-stetcher

hutton-gudbranson

tryamkin-tanev

pedan-biega

markstrom

xxxxxx

Peluso and King are great ideas for fourth liners.

I hope we do stock up on picks, (then all the fans boys will be talking about how important picks are the exact opposite from what they've been saying while he was wasting them on  Aquiring the veys and  Larsens) but what's it's funny is that the previous three drafts have been touted as deep and he got  rid of picks now its predicted to be a shallow draft and we now it's time to stock up. Because managment feels he's added the right age gap players to be a fringe wild card contender. 

I don't have any faith in managment it seems like he/they just throws sh-- at the wall to see what his next move will be. Reminds me of a nonis  or Kevin Lowe And so far the results are the same. 

Oh oh well empty seats will force ownerships hand in a year, maybe then he will hire a NHL quality gm who has a REAL plan and knows how to exectue it. 

Selling expiring contacts and aquiring picks is  foreign to JB I doubt he can do that either. 

4 minutes ago, combover said:

I hope we do stock up on picks, (then all the fans boys will be talking about how important picks are the exact opposite from what they've been saying while he was wasting them on  Aquiring the veys and  Larsens) but what's it's funny is that the previous three drafts have been touted as deep and he got  rid of picks now its predicted to be a shallow draft and we now it's time to stock up. Because managment feels he's added the right age gap players to be a fringe wild card contender. 

I don't have any faith in managment it seems like he/they just throws sh-- at the wall to see what his next move will be. Reminds me of a nonis  or Kevin Lowe And so far the results are the same. 

Oh oh well empty seats will force ownerships hand in a year, maybe then he will hire a NHL quality gm who has a REAL plan and knows how to exectue it. 

Selling expiring contacts and aquiring picks is  foreign to JB I doubt he can do that either. 

giphy.gif

There's a chance that one California team will call about Miller if they haven't already, and he'd likely go I would think given the young family situation he has. Its going to have to be a 1st round pick though for Jim to give up on the playoffs.

11 hours ago, Pears said:

Yea Hansen would put them over the top IMO. If we're trading Burrows I only want a pick in return, don't see the point of taking Desharnais back. Rest of it looks good. 

In this situation he added Desharnais to make the money fit. Need to make a contract from most teams if we want to give them Burrows contract. Desharnais is probably the right contract from the habs. In his last year, so it doesnt hurt long term. He actually isn't a bad player. But fans see him similarly to say Megna. For some reason the coach loves him, so he sucks up top line minutes and power play time from people that score more than him. 

My favourite of these trades also the Hansen one.  

17 hours ago, billabong said:

^ I like this one.

Although the rest have varying degrees of realisticness (yes that's a word), I think either Benning or the other teams say no.

On 2017-01-20 at 8:55 AM, PhillipBlunt said:

Peluso and King are great ideas for fourth liners.

They have size and grit we lack. Maybe you'll get 10-15 goals combined from if you can get both. There isn't much scorers available in the ufa market this summer so it'll have to come some other way. 

On 2017-01-20 at 10:49 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

As long as we are in the playoff hunt, unless the players ask to go out, Benning won't dare for them to waive.

But i think all 3 proposals are realistic, don't thnk Sbisa will get anything.

I think sbisa has played his best hockey of his career. I'd rather get something for him then nothing.

edler-stetcher

hutton-tanev

tryamkin-gudbranson

sbisa-biega

we need to the roster spot and cap space 

On 2017-01-19 at 10:01 PM, Fateless said:

Great suggestions.

Except that we're not trading any NTC eterans remember?

<_<

On 2017-01-20 at 3:08 PM, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

^ I like this one.

Although the rest have varying degrees of realisticness (yes that's a word), I think either Benning or the other teams say no.

If you listen to benning, he is very coy in his responses. He kinda back peddles a bit like he says if they come to us we'll grant their trade requests and things can change. He's just trying to put a wet blanket on the rumours cause last year was sucha circus

ya i they're that much of a slam dunk proposal as I'd like, but I need more intel to refine them.

I.e mtl might not think 3rd rounder is worth the upgrade from deshairnais to burrows and that puts them right up against the cap so they can't do anything else

21 minutes ago, billabong said:

Just in case people don't know who he is. 

27 years old 6"3 235lbs 

this guy can bring it. 

I believe Labate is going to give us some edge next year. I think he will make the team. Hes no where near as tough, but he battles hard, decent speed, drives the net and is a pain in the ass to play against. 

Archived