The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Panthers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

55 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

All this dialogue about the expansion draft in a PGT is repetitive. There must be a separate thread that can be viewed. Good job team. Great job Hank.

No kidding. Plus as if Vegas is just looking at our players ONLY... 30 teams to pick from. Worrying if Gaunce is going to get claimed. lol.

Doubt it...

3 hours ago, stawns said:

I'm not sure what else Sbisa has left to prove?  He's been solid since he got to van and has progressed, significantly, every season.  He is a legit top 4 dman, now, and will, I think, be a top 3 dman for this franchise for the next 4 years, then another 3-4 as a top 4, and possibly even another 2-3 as a bottom 6 guy.  With his back, Edler has, maybe 2-3 years left in his career.

Noting. He's a really good #5 who can step in for #4 occasionally to fill in. Thats not a knock, there's not many guys that can do that. I just don't think his ability is better than Edler. And the reality of his contract makes him the easiest to move. 

2 hours ago, TheOgRook said:

Agreed except the part about him not being dumb... have you seen the kind of morons that are graduating from college and university?  I guess I'm old school and think smarts are gained through experience, mistakes and the practical application of the skills learned during an education.  

If these guys have broadcasting degrees, yes they are dumb.. cause Sekeres sounds like he's trying to do an impersonation of Captain Kirk, while holding in a fart and Blake is clueless as to how to reach his audience.

Sekeres is Journalism from Carlton and Price is English from UBC.  They are legit degrees.  Yes, there are plenty of morons graduating from Universities.  I met lots of them when I went back to school full time in my 40's to finish my last year.  I worked my butt off and it was a rewarding experience.  Raised my GPA 7 points fwiw.  You take away what you put out, as with most things.  

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

It's obvious. On playing this season it has to be Guddy who gets exposed.

Nothings "obvious". You're judging a guy who played hurt for weeks. Thats called grit. Why would you throw a guy like that away for nothing, particularly one that can step his game up for the playoffs?

3 hours ago, TheOgRook said:

Agreed except the part about him not being dumb... have you seen the kind of morons that are graduating from college and university?  I guess I'm old school and think smarts are gained through experience, mistakes and the practical application of the skills learned during an education.  

If these guys have broadcasting degrees, yes they are dumb.. cause Sekeres sounds like he's trying to do an impersonation of Captain Kirk, while holding in a fart and Blake is clueless as to how to reach his audience.

These guys, including Donny, are the human journalistic equivalent of an ingrown hair. They are always painful, hard to get rid of and make their presence felt when you don't want them to. 

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

It would probably cost us Tanev + one of Baer/Granlund to upgrade to a top 3 forward.  If that player also needs protecting, you protect them and whichever is left of Baer/Granlund. 

Because Gaunce, as much as I like him, won't be protected regardless of Edler's situation. He's also far more replaceable.

I'd say Gaunce is #3 on LV's list anyway

22 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd say Gaunce is #3 on LV's list anyway

It's probably him or Hansen unless we trade for forward that's safe from expansion and can protect one of them. 

I for one doubt they take a lifer vet with an NTC, one year away from free agency. He could easily sign back here (or elsewhere) in one year and they'd get nothing. 

12 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Look closer, the two players you are commending also had turnovers and missed checks. You will always see what you are looking for.

Which ones Sbisa and Try?  Or Megna.  

Keep in mind I said they have raised their game, significantly, not that they are Duncan Keith or Karlsson.  And what we need is offense.  Sbisa and Try are doing way more than Tanev and Edler in that department.   

9 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Who?  Biega?  Seriously, I'm just recreating the list I've seen most often as part of an exercise.  If you would rather protect Sbisa, you could make an argument.

Just defending Sbeezus at every chance I get man! :lol:

16 hours ago, J.R. said:

It's probably him or Hansen unless we trade for forward that's safe from expansion and can protect one of them. 

I for one doubt they take a lifer vet with an NTC, one year away from free agency. He could easily sign back here (or elsewhere) in one year and they'd get nothing. 

That's a possibility for sure.  Why would you be against exposing him then? 

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's a possibility for sure.  Why would you be against exposing him then? 

Love Hansen. Hope he stays. EXACTLY the type of vet you want for a rebuild. I'm not against exposing him for those above reasons though. 

Especially as that allows us to protect Baer/Granlund (or whoever we trade one for).

Ideally though, we trade for someone like Domi whose safe from expansion and protect one of Hansen or Gaunce too. 

Archived