The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Red Wings F Drew Miller

Mackcanuck

17 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Skille, no pun intended, is better with the puck.  And its not like he "lacks" energy? I would have to check the stats, but would guess is better at the fancy stats. Can make more subtle plays certainly.

Dorsett does bring a certain something to the team.  I''m not talking about fighting either.  Few guys anywhere go over the boards flying, determined to bust into puck battles, skating their arses off as Derek does. 

I still like Dorsett.

I like Dorsett as well but I suspect his time with Van could be done. To some extent his physicality has been replaced by a bigger d-core. Dorsett would be an ideal addition to a playoff bound team or a team that was in the same situation as Van was when he first signed. Older player with a possible health issue which could limit his future. He might finish his contract but I do not believe he will be resigned.

Dorsett has speed, physicality and a nice scoring touch. Benning signed Prust because he was viewed as a bigger Dorsett but when you compare the two there is no comparison.  

On 1/22/2017 at 8:56 AM, Devon Jade said:

Claim him.

Put Ryan Miller at centre.

Trade for Minnesota Granlund.

Trade for PK Subban.

Sedin Sedin Baertschi

Miller Miller Horvat

Granlund Granlund Hansen

Subban Subban Sutter

The Sedin Format.

That's crazy but it just might work. :o

On 1/22/2017 at 6:33 PM, Green⌃Arrow said:

If Miller is pretty much the same, then we could off load Dorsett's salary for some late picks and claim Drew Miller. Unless we have a legit shot at the playoffs, another team would be better off with his grinding abilities.

I hear that.  If we could get a pick for Dorsett I'd do it, and just use the guys we already have.  Miller would have been the 50% off Dorsett sale.

Archived