The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Devils-Canucks

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

This is not even close to Tanev's value.  Larssen, not as good a player as Tanev, returned Taylor friggin Hall.  

Larsson numbers are very comparable to Tanev and he is bigger younger and more physical...9th in the league in hits over twice the amount as the great Gudbranson monster.

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

This is not even close to Tanev's value.  Larssen, not as good a player as Tanev, returned Taylor friggin Hall.  

Another alf post about the Hall trade ye ol wind bag! No amount of preaching about that trade setting the market will make that standard become reality.

On topic. Not a bad trade I would hope they would sweeten the pot a bit as Zacha still has a lot to prove but if this years draft was as good as 2015 and we flipped Tanev for 6OA I'd be pretty thrilled with that. By all accounts Pavel is trending to become a very good NHL hockey player. We keep Sbisa and grab a big nasty scoring pice of business for our top 6 we don't have to protect. I'm in.

9 hours ago, ice orca said:

Larsson numbers are very comparable to Tanev and he is bigger younger and more physical...9th in the league in hits over twice the amount as the great Gudbranson monster.

It's not just McDavid and Draisaitl helping the Oilers resurgence this year. I said it when the trade happened that Larsson will make a difference with that Oiler team where they've been weakest. Tanev is older but Larsson has better offensive numbers, harder deployment against tougher competition, and plays more physical. Larsson's clearly the better of the two.

Having said that, Tanev is no slouch either. I don't think New Jersey's in the same desperate place Edmonton was (or any team is really) to make so significant an offer as a Hall-type player for a RHD, but we should be able to get a fair bit better player back than the OP offered. If not an improvement on the player as Zacha's unproven, then a 1st and/or another decent prospect.

If (and only if) New Jersey isn't happy with his development so far, I'd ask for:

Zacha, 2017 1st and Josh Jacobs

for

Tanev, 4th

I doubt New Jersey takes that (or that their unhappy at all really with Zacha), but I'd look to bid a bit high and see what they take.

On 2017-01-23 at 8:15 AM, #1megnafan said:

Hello,

As it is pretty obvious this my first post. I’ve been on these message boards for years but just as a guest reading your guys opinions and updates on our prospects. There has been so many trade Tanev proposals but they all have us taking back a forward who we would have to protect in the upcoming draft. I believe we should be trying to trade for a player that isn’t expansion draft eligible. 

New Jersey: Tanev

Vancouver: Pavel Zacha

Pieces may have to be added on both sides to make the cap work or even out thw but the 2 main pieces would be those players. Even though Tanev is our most consistent reliable defender he also holds the most trade value. I believe our depth at D allows us to make this trade. Zacha is a former 6th overall pick from 2015 who has so far had a below average start to the beginning of his nhl career. With combination of him not putting up a lot of points, being a healthy scratch numerous times and the fact that the Devils are weaker on defence since the departure of Larrson that they would be open to the idea of trading the former 6th overall pick. The Canucks as a team get weaker following this trade as we lose our best defensemen and insert a guy who hasn’t contributed a lot of offence this season, but I think it fills a need for the future as Zacha has the size and skill to fill our future top 6 centre/left wing that we need. Then come expansion draft Biega will be our defensemen left exposed and management will have to make a decision on whether to expose granlund, hansen or baerstchi (I think they should trade Hansen)

Almost as bad as your icon name lmao!!!!!

Archived