The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Leafs Komarov rocks Johnny Hockey

Mackcanuck

9 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Aside from the issue of whether the hit on Johnny was illegal -  i think that guys like Marner and Mathews should really have their head on a swivel going forward.  Leafs have some dirty pukes that like to go after the other teams' best players.  McDavid, Sedin, Johnny etc...wont be long till one of the said leaf muppets is on the wrong end of a questionable hit...

It will catch up with them too. Laine took a cheap shot at a Sedin a few games before he got his bell rung. They get cocky and careless and then, bam. 

johnny g isnt gonna be in nhl very long hes so little   someone will break this kid  scott stevens style.  Flames should have traded him for a massive package instead of wasting 7 mill a yr on a guy that will be easily eliminated as a offensive threat by ine big d man  crunching him  can you imagine if tryamkin hit this kid in trolly tracks hed  die 

23 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Aside from the issue of whether the hit on Johnny was illegal -  i think that guys like Marner and Mathews should really have their head on a swivel going forward.  Leafs have some dirty pukes that like to go after the other teams' best players.  McDavid, Sedin, Johnny etc...wont be long till one of the said leaf muppets is on the wrong end of a questionable hit...

You forgot that puke Kadri.  

Seriously, you can't be admiring your wonderful pass and not get schmered but when skill guys are targeted......and we all know that Komorov was trying to knock Goudreau out of the game.....how about when those guys went after Johnny's finger until they broke it and he missed 4 weeks........BUT when your skill guys get targeted, you've got to stand up as a team.  You can't have that happening and payback can't be from the Hansen's or Giordano's of the world.  I'm not advocating goonery but there has to be a deterrent.  

9 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

johnny g isnt gonna be in nhl very long hes so little   someone will break this kid  scott stevens style.  Flames should have traded him for a massive package instead of wasting 7 mill a yr on a guy that will be easily eliminated as a offensive threat by ine big d man  crunching him  can you imagine if tryamkin hit this kid in trolly tracks hed  die 

I simply don't understand this point of view.  It sickens me.  He's a talented player who plays a very clean game, doesn't take dirty penalties.  Seemingly has zero off-ice issues.  Undersized.  He's literally going to be a perpetual underdog his entire career.  

So why do you guys talk as though it's somehow bad for a short hockey player to succeed in the NHL?  Some think it's a good thing, some think it doesn't matter, so why are there scumbags like you (and others on this forum) who basically want Gaudreau to get his head rocked?  Is it because he is a Flames player?  Is it because other people (Flames fans) hype him?  Is there something wrong with a fan hyping his own team!!??

He admired his pass.  That was stupid of him and he paid the price.  Stop being a complete tool and wishing he dies.

49 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I'm glad we don't have this little weasel and went for OJ. 

Tkatpuk is going to be hated for this kind of crap and he should be. 

I was thinking more or less the same thing. The angle I approached it from though is: thank God we didn't draft him because if he played for us, he'd be getting suspended every other game.

1 hour ago, Darius71 said:

One of these things is not like the other.

Happy to see him get rocked while watching his pretty little pass. It's tough to line up the little people like him and Patty Kane, slippery buggers. Kaner's had better coaching than to watch though, but it's sweet when he gets caught too.

The slew foot crap needs to be put in notice by the NHL. That's just frustrated little boy stuff. Get in the ring if you're tough, if not, skate your ass to the bench then score a goal on your next shift. Cheap pr**ks

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

The slew foot crap needs to be put in notice by the NHL. That's just frustrated little boy stuff. Get in the ring if you're tough, if not, skate your ass to the bench then score a goal on your next shift. Cheap pr**ks

Will we get a hatchet job by Ron McLean on how dirty those Flames players are?  Nah, but if those were two Canucks doing the slewfoot......

56 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I simply don't understand this point of view.  It sickens me.  He's a talented player who plays a very clean game, doesn't take dirty penalties.  Seemingly has zero off-ice issues.  Undersized.  He's literally going to be a perpetual underdog his entire career.  

So why do you guys talk as though it's somehow bad for a short hockey player to succeed in the NHL?  Some think it's a good thing, some think it doesn't matter, so why are there scumbags like you (and others on this forum) who basically want Gaudreau to get his head rocked?  Is it because he is a Flames player?  Is it because other people (Flames fans) hype him?  Is there something wrong with a fan hyping his own team!!??

He admired his pass.  That was stupid of him and he paid the price.  Stop being a complete tool and wishing he dies.

yo goof who said i said anything about wanting him dead.  If you learnt to read  it said he will probably have a shortened career because hes the size a a small boy  and if someone like tryamkin who 6'8 265 hits him its like a semi hitting a smart car it wont be pretty. Paying that small a player will hurt flames because most of the time he wont be 100%  regardless of how skilled he is. Once teams know someobes weaknesses its exploited  sorta like sedins the teams know how to shut them down eventually. Why wouldnt teams play him hard the object is to win and if you get johnny g off his game with hits do it up thats a reality. Im not sure you know much about life or the way things are. 

Just now, canuktravella said:

yo goof who said i said anything about wanting him dead.  If you learnt to read  it said he will probably have a shortened career because hes the size a a small boy  and if someone like tryamkin who 6'8 265 hits him its like a semi hitting a smart car it wont be pretty. Paying that small a player will hurt flames because most of the time he wont be 100%  regardless of how skilled he is. Once teams know someobes weaknesses its exploited  sorta like sedins the teams know how to shut them down eventually. Why wouldnt teams play him hard the object is to win and if you get johnny g off his game with hits do it up thats a reality. Im not sure you know much about life or the way things are. 

also it cant be considered a head shot because hes shorter than everyone so any time he takes a hit it will be a head shot regardkess  im 6'4 227 if i hit him id feel bad cuz he probably wouldnt get up. Poor guy to bad hes so small 

25 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

22 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

also it cant be considered a head shot because hes shorter than everyone so any time he takes a hit it will be a head shot regardkess  im 6'4 227 if i hit him id feel bad cuz he probably wouldnt get up. Poor guy to bad hes so small 

You talk as if small guys are doomed to fail in this league.  Small guys who suck are doomed to fail.  Johnny Gaudreau doesn't suck, but he ought to know better than to just stare at a pass.  He's quick enough and smart enough to avoid big hits.  In a sport like basketball a small player must use his speed and agility to avoid big men.  Hockey is a hitting sport but the same logic applies.

Gaudreau vs. Tryamkin one-on-one?  Tryamkin might be able to use his big body and take possession, but in a speedy winger's eyes he might look like a pylon.  It goes both ways.

1 hour ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

You talk as if small guys are doomed to fail in this league.  Small guys who suck are doomed to fail.  Johnny Gaudreau doesn't suck, but he ought to know better than to just stare at a pass.  He's quick enough and smart enough to avoid big hits.  In a sport like basketball a small player must use his speed and agility to avoid big men.  Hockey is a hitting sport but the same logic applies.

Gaudreau vs. Tryamkin one-on-one?  Tryamkin might be able to use his big body and take possession, but in a speedy winger's eyes he might look like a pylon.  It goes both ways.

you must be a short dude   regardless of your opinion gaudreau will be easy to neutralize in the future  takesa few hits thats all  hes not worth 7 mill  maybe 1/7 of that  do to the fact he is easy to injure  tryamkin isnt a pilon he skates very well  and his long reach and good positioning helps  if i had choice over johnny or tryamkin i take the big russian every time hes a future chara  thats who u win cups with not puny lil wingers that cant take playoff grind 

Archived