The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Leafs Komarov rocks Johnny Hockey

Mackcanuck

12 hours ago, canuktravella said:

you must be a short dude   regardless of your opinion gaudreau will be easy to neutralize in the future  takesa few hits thats all  hes not worth 7 mill  maybe 1/7 of that  do to the fact he is easy to injure  tryamkin isnt a pilon he skates very well  and his long reach and good positioning helps  if i had choice over johnny or tryamkin i take the big russian every time hes a future chara  thats who u win cups with not puny lil wingers that cant take playoff grind 

Sir, Patrick Kane on line one. 

Kane,Marner and Gaudreau are the players that make games worth watching

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

Yeah and their team sucks too.

Ya, that's what the callers were referring to.  One caller specifically pointed to the Canucks as a team that competes their hardest, even when out matched.  He wanted the Flames to compete like our team does.  The phone calls about lack of leadership and being too soft mentally were awesome to hear.  Oh, they hate their coach too.

Regarding the Tkachuk slew foot. 

There's no supplemental discipline expected as a result of the incident, nor from a Leo Komarov hit on Johnny Gaudreau earlier in the game, reports Chris Johnston of Sportsnet.

But what shocked me the most is Tkachuk is 2nd in the NHL for PIM.

The talented Tkachuk ranks second in the NHL with 92 penalty minutes this season.

http://www.thescore.com/news/1216122

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Regarding the Tkachuk slew foot. 

There's no supplemental discipline expected as a result of the incident, nor from a Leo Komarov hit on Johnny Gaudreau earlier in the game, reports Chris Johnston of Sportsnet.

But what shocked me the most is Tkachuk is 2nd in the NHL for PIM.

The talented Tkachuk ranks second in the NHL with 92 penalty minutes this season.

http://www.thescore.com/news/1216122

He has also drawn more minor penalties than he has taken - 32 minor penalties drawn vs 30 minor penalties taken (from the NHL stat page).

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Ya, that's what the callers were referring to.  One caller specifically pointed to the Canucks as a team that competes their hardest, even when out matched.  He wanted the Flames to compete like our team does.  The phone calls about lack of leadership and being too soft mentally were awesome to hear.  Oh, they hate their coach too.

That had to be a Canuck troll calling in.. I have a hard time finding any town/city that hates Vancouver and the Canucks as much as Calgary does. 

7 hours ago, canuck204 said:

Wheres your outrage for Giordano challenging Komarov? Clean hit, followed up by a fight. C'mon man can't you be at least consistent with your stupid opinions? lol

Yeah I personally thought Giordano did a lousy impersonation of the Street Fighter character "Guile" (around 15 seconds of the following clip):

I will give you that he did it better than Phaneuf:

20 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yeah I personally thought Giordano did a lousy impersonation of the Street Fighter character "Guile" (around 15 seconds of the following clip):

I will give you that he did it better than Phaneuf:

Haha I agree it was a pretty hilarious effort. 

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Leafs are such a dirty team. Good for flames for the slew foots. 

Johnny is a treat to watch and he's not a dirt bag. Although he's a division rival, I have no ill feelings towards him. 

Johnny attempted a slew foot on Draisatl the previous game. He is learning to be one.

2 hours ago, apollo said:

Leafs are such a dirty team. Good for flames for the slew foots. 

Johnny is a treat to watch and he's not a dirt bag. Although he's a division rival, I have no ill feelings towards him. 

What's your definition of a "dirt bag"?  Didn't he get held out one game last season for a Super Bowl party issue, or was that just Sean Monaghan?  

1 hour ago, Toews said:

Johnny attempted a slew foot on Draisatl the previous game. He is learning to be one.

I missed it... did he pull a muscle, cuz Leon was too big??? :P

I'm happy he took a good clean hit.  There's no free pass at this point, and given how often we see our own star players take hits (clean or otherwise), smaller players need to learn that this is part of the game.  Still think Gio should have gotten the extra two for hunting Komarov down right away

Now I know what to add to my Christmas list... getting to see Tryamkin give Patrick Kane a good "Kronwall".  And Kadri, and Marchand, and... oh man this list could go on and on.  I better be a good boy this year!

41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What's your definition of a "dirt bag"?  Didn't he get held out one game last season for a Super Bowl party issue, or was that just Sean Monaghan?  

Hmmm I wasn't aware of that... but I mean his play on the ice. 

Although he's on the flames, I just can't hate him or at least not yet. 

I never see him slashing guys, throwing cheap shots, etc. Poor kid is on the other end of it usually.

12 minutes ago, apollo said:

Hmmm I wasn't aware of that... but I mean his play on the ice. 

Although he's on the flames, I just can't hate him or at least not yet. 

I never see him slashing guys, throwing cheap shots, etc. Poor kid is on the other end of it usually.

I see.  Don't we call those dirty players rats, like Marchand?

On 2017-01-23 at 7:59 PM, S'all Good Man said:

I'm glad we don't have this little weasel and went for OJ. 

Tkatpuk is going to be hated for this kind of crap and he should be. 

Bure was also a little weasel, I heard said.

Id take that kid over any player we have other than Horvat. 

You think he's bad? His dad was way worse and one of the strongest guys too. 

We could use one of him and Firkland too. 

Archived