The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Leafs Komarov rocks Johnny Hockey

Mackcanuck

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Bure was also a little weasel, I heard said.

Id take that kid over any player we have other than Horvat. 

You think he's bad? His dad was way worse and one of the strongest guys too. 

We could use one of him and Firkland too. 

I don't care. If thats the kind of team Benning was trying to build I wouldn't pay to watch it. Tkatpuke is a little creep just like daddy. 

11 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I don't care. If thats the kind of team Benning was trying to build I wouldn't pay to watch it. Tkatpuke is a little creep just like daddy. 

Nobody ran daddy. Nobody runs the kid.

We could use that. You're like Mr Lahey, going on about puke, like Lahey does with poop :wacko:

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

Nobody ran daddy. Nobody runs the kid.

We could use that. You're like Mr Lahey, going on about puke, like Lahey does with puke. :wacko:

Just wait, they will. He is a little puke. I hate that kind of player. Celebrated when Cooke left, and Raffi too. 

15 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Lets be honest if he was on the Canucks we would love him. Not everyone would appreciate his rat like antics but we would love his grit, his fearlessness and his relentless compete. I like the Juolevi pick more but I wish the Canucks would have managed to somehow walk away with both as Tkachuk is a player that this fan base has been yearning for. I watched Tkachuk a lot with the Knights last year and he wasn't nearly this dirty. I would say much of his rat like qualities come into play when his team isn't doing so well. He is a sore loser, there is no excuse for that but as seeing as I used to be one myself I can understand the desire to go out and stir $&!# up when things are not going well.

9 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

Just wait, they will. He is a little puke. I hate that kind of player. Celebrated when Cooke left, and Raffi too. 

I know what you mean, and I agree. 

But... he's no Matt Cooke. I wonder what you thought of rookie Burrows or a Kesler then? The same? I hope so. 

At any rate, thanks for elaborating. 

There's hitting a star to separate him from  the puck and then there's cranking a guy. 

That was a free lick Leo took. It had no impact on the play and was completely predatory, but legal. He deserves to have both orbital bones caved-in on his face, but I agree that this auto-fight after a hit business needs to stop. Don Cherry predicted this rat league way back in the 90's. Seems like the only time players can fight now without being looked upon in a negative light. 

For years Flames fans kept calling Burrows and Kesler "dirt bags" yet I think Chucky is even worse.  As far as I know Burrows or Kesler didnt seriously injure another player in their first year like Tkackpuke has - his slew foot of Davidson early on in the season resulted in an injury that lasted for months.

I think there will be comeuppance for him one day.  The league will get to know him.  Hes been lucky so far hes been matched up against top lines who usually dont include any goons, and he knows how to pick his spots - half of his dirty $hit happens with less than a minute left in the game.

As far as Juolevi vs Tkachuk is concenred - my opinion lines up with Shane Malloy.  Shane was on 1040  yesterday and he said even with what he sees from Tkachuk right now he would still pick Juolevi over him almost without a doubt.  Basically it comes down to this .. ~50 point wingers are a lot easier to find than top 2 dmen.

1 hour ago, Darius71 said:

For years Flames fans kept calling Burrows and Kesler "dirt bags" yet I think Chucky is even worse.  As far as I know Burrows or Kesler didnt seriously injure another player in their first year like Tkackpuke has - his slew foot of Davidson early on in the season resulted in an injury that lasted for months.

I think there will be comeuppance for him one day.  The league will get to know him.  Hes been lucky so far hes been matched up against top lines who usually dont include any goons, and he knows how to pick his spots - half of his dirty $hit happens with less than a minute left in the game.

As far as Juolevi vs Tkachuk is concenred - my opinion lines up with Shane Malloy.  Shane was on 1040  yesterday and he said even with what he sees from Tkachuk right now he would still pick Juolevi over him almost without a doubt.  Basically it comes down to this .. ~50 point wingers are a lot easier to find than top 2 dmen.

I agree with picking ahead of Juolevi but you can't really call Tkachuk a 50 point winger if you are already labeling Juolevi a top 2 defenseman. Tkachuk just turned 19 is pacing ~54 points already, its highly likely he improves upon those totals. In his prime he could be a 70 point PWF which is a very rare asset in itself. I see them as similar caliber players and don't think the Canucks would have gone wrong picking either.

14 minutes ago, Toews said:

I agree with picking ahead of Juolevi but you can't really call Tkachuk a 50 point winger if you are already labeling Juolevi a top 2 defenseman. Tkachuk just turned 19 is pacing ~54 points already, its highly likely he improves upon those totals. In his prime he could be a 70 point PWF which is a very rare asset in itself. I see them as similar caliber players and don't think the Canucks would have gone wrong picking either.

I dont know Toews, Id be cautious about Tkachuk.  What you see is maybe what you get long term.  Look at Monahan, he had some great numbers early on and he hasnt surpassed his first year production.  Looks like he has even taken a step backwards this year - if it is a step backwards - could be that he was playing over his head with Hudler.

I guess bottom line is maybe im speculating too much.   Lets see what happens to these guys in 5 years!  And I admit Im biased, I hate that Calgary Jersey and hope everyone that wears it turns into Scott Gomez! lol.  I think you are far more objective than i am in this case.

4 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

I dont know Toews, Id be cautious about Tkachuk.  What you see is maybe what you get long term.  Look at Monahan, he had some great numbers early on and he hasnt surpassed his first year production.  Looks like he has even taken a step backwards this year - if it is a step backwards - could be that he was playing over his head with Hudler.

I guess bottom line is maybe im speculating too much.   Lets see what happens to these guys in 5 years!  And I admit Im biased, I hate that Calgary Jersey and hope everyone that wears it turns into Scott Gomez! lol.  I think you are far more objective than i am in this case.

No, you're right.  All players wearing Flames sweaters are craperolla.  

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

There's hitting a star to separate him from  the puck and then there's cranking a guy. 

That was a free lick Leo took. It had no impact on the play and was completely predatory, but legal. He deserves to have both orbital bones caved-in on his face, but I agree that this auto-fight after a hit business needs to stop. Don Cherry predicted this rat league way back in the 90's. Seems like the only time players can fight now without being looked upon in a negative light. 

I don't blame Komorov for doing that. It was a 2-0 game with the Flames on the PP, if I am not wrong Calgary's PP had been red hot. He saw a chance to disrupt the PP and made a clean hit to a player caught admiring a pass. If the refs had called it properly, the Flames would have taken the instigator penalty as well.

Just now, Darius71 said:

I guess bottom line is maybe im speculating too much.  Lets see what happens to these guys in 5 years!  And I admit Im biased, I hate that Calgary Jersey and hope everyone that wears it turns into Scott Gomez! lol.

Tkachuk's main deficiency is his first step, its a fixable flaw as well. If he can become a more explosive skater then the sky is the limit for him. Like I said I like both players a lot and I am equally high on both. And yes &^@# Calgary, they are a typical Burke team, poor goaltending, paper thin defense and multiple rats on their roster.

11 hours ago, Toews said:

Lets be honest if he was on the Canucks we would love him. Not everyone would appreciate his rat like antics but we would love his grit, his fearlessness and his relentless compete. I like the Juolevi pick more but I wish the Canucks would have managed to somehow walk away with both as Tkachuk is a player that this fan base has been yearning for. I watched Tkachuk a lot with the Knights last year and he wasn't nearly this dirty. I would say much of his rat like qualities come into play when his team isn't doing so well. He is a sore loser, there is no excuse for that but as seeing as I used to be one myself I can understand the desire to go out and stir $&!# up when things are not going well.

yup.......that said, I'm pretty thrilled to have a future #1-2 dman in the fold

14 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Bure was also a little weasel, I heard said.

Id take that kid over any player we have other than Horvat. 

You think he's bad? His dad was way worse and one of the strongest guys too. 

We could use one of him and Firkland too. 

That is before his Dad went on the Baconator diet :P.

True about him being a dirtbag....I STILL remember the time Keith was working over Trevor inbetween a whistle.  He KNEW that Trevor didn't fight  (or couldn't fight) so he was taking real liberties on him.  It took Momesso to come to the rescue (now that guy was one underrated fighter).

13 hours ago, Toews said:

Grit sure, cheap-ass slewfoot? Nope. Don't need that one bit. Hate that stuff, even when its our own doing it. I like Burr so much more now than his early years. 

3 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I know what you mean, and I agree. 

But... he's no Matt Cooke. I wonder what you thought of rookie Burrows or a Kesler then? The same? I hope so. 

At any rate, thanks for elaborating. 

I absolutely hated Kesler when he first came up (ask my wife she'll back me up on that) and had no love for Burr. I understand he had to do that to survive the Q and AHL.

On 23/01/2017 at 7:42 PM, Darius71 said:

Tkachpuke is going to get his arse handed to him some day.  He does this all the time.  He knows how to pick his spots too.

I wouldn't call Tkachuk stealing Brent Burns hockey stick picking his spots. I hope that kid gets rocked one day and that mouthguard he has never once put inside his mouth goes flying into the stands.

He will need to be helped off the ice but ultimately he will be okay. (I'm not a bad person)

Archived