The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adding a 4th Line Player (Discussion)

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

But does it hurt the future? Why not add a guy that has been there before to try to get the most out of our group? 

The most of what?  A 4th line guy dropped in mid-season isn't going to be the difference between success or failure on the remainder of this season.  If it was a depth guy being added for a long playoff run I could see it, but that's not where this team is at.

Why displace any of our current roster players for the sake of limited (or possibly zero) payback?  I just don't see the benefit of this move.  I think it is totally unnecessary.

6 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I like what he brings.  Works his tail off like Hansen and battles hard.  Him and Guance just need to get some bounces going their way.

i admit chaput works hard but lets be honest, he is not and never will be a full time nhler. he is lucky he is with us because if he was on any other team in the nhl, he would be in the minors. injuries to hansen, dorsett, rodin and virtanen having a tough start is whats giving him a temporary spot

22 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

I will start out by saying that our 4th line has not been bad this year. Chaput, Gaunce, Skille have not hurt the team, but I am thinking of adding a character guy to plug into that 4th line. A guy that can drop the mitts when necessary, chip in with a big goal every so often, while not being a liability. I believe that Mike Richards would be a perfect fit. While his off the ice problems have been documented, I truly believe that he has moved passed that and be a piece that could help the organization reach the goal of making the playoffs this year. Richards plays a gritty game, kills penalties, steps up in big games, and knows what it takes to win.

When fully healthy, the addition of Richards would shape the forward lines like this 

Danny-Hank-Hansen

Baer-Bo-Burr

Granny-Sutter-Loui

Gaunce-Richards-Skille

Do you guys believe that adding to the 4th line is necessary? Do you think that Richards would be a worthwhile addition? Any other players that fill that gritty, character type mold that we should be interested in? 

I can't think of a guy I would like less, I'd rather have Bill Mukalt

Archived